Universal Pixel Pro Golf (by Pixamo)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Oct 22, 2020.

1. Rocksaint

Rocksaint Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2013
    Can I just say that this game is absolutely amazing! I guess there's a certain charm in simplicity. Deserves game of the week. Hell, game of the month even. Definitely a hidden gem.

Will play some more to decide. But I'm already inclined to purchase all the IAPs to support the devs. Great job guys!

sebgo, Anotherkellydown and macplash like this.
  2. Rocksaint

Rocksaint Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2013
    Few suggestions though:-
    • The Game Center banner constantly appearing is super annoying. (I'm sure it's a bug and can be fixed)
    • An option to restart a course from the beginning in the pause menu would save us going through 2-3 screens when using end then selecting course and starting again. Somewhat of a QoL improvement I would say.
    Otherwise, brilliant game. (Can't believe I'm playing something that has ads - probably because I am close to purchasing the IAP to remove it)

sebgo likes this.
  3. Anotherkellydown

Anotherkellydown Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Bronze

I’m on a mission to best your score on every course, @macplash :)

macplash and sebgo like this.
  4. Wicked8146

Wicked8146 Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Nov 17, 2009
    Dinosaur hunter
    Los Angeles
    I like this game a lot! Good work @Pixamo

sebgo likes this.
  5. DariusGuerrero

DariusGuerrero Well-Known Member

Jul 25, 2016
    Male
    Game Developer
    I've been wanting to play a game like this since Golf Story. Will dl this for sure

6. macplash

macplash Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    @Anotherkellydown You usually beat me in every game according to Game Center, so I see no reason for this one to be any different. But be aware. This time I’m not gonna make it easy for you!;)

7. Anotherkellydown

Heck yeah! Let’s do this! :p

macplash likes this.
  8. orangecan

orangecan Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2011
    Like everyone else I’m really enjoying it, the remove ads was a no brainer, but I do have the same issues with the putting that others have...

9. Pixamo

Pixamo Member

Aug 7, 2018
    Male
    Hey everyone, glad to see you are enjoying the game! We got in Apple’s “5 new games we love” in some territories today too!

Regarding the putting, if you’re having issues, please DM me. Is it just hard to see? Or is there some sort of bug, like it not going in when it should?

Thanks

Morgan

10. anthony78

anthony78 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2015
    I miss the hole quite a bit when it looks like it goes right over it. I think it should zoom into the green when you are close enough to putt.

Aurelien.L likes this.
  11. atko92

atko92 Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2011
    Male
    EV Industry
    England, UK
    #31 atko92, Oct 24, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2020
    Really enjoying the game so far. Very similar to Mario Golf on the GBC which was a cracking game.

Agree with others about some sort of zoom into the green when putting as occasionally the player will cover the hole. Also some more apparent noises when the balls bounces would be nice.

One gripe I do have is that the hit boxes for the trees don't seem quite right at points. I'll drive towards the green and the ball seems to hit one of the taller trees even when it's at the other side of the fairway.

Sometimes I will initiate the swing by pressing the 'swing' button, it will start moving and I miss the 'swing' button when I choose the power, so it will automatically swing and can mess up an entire course if it heads into the trees.
    Would it be possible for the swing to be aborted if, after selecting 'swing' to begin, if the button isn't pressed again then it will cancel, so then it reverts back to being able to alter the direction of the ball?

sebgo likes this.
  12. AlexanderHamilton

AlexanderHamilton Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2016
    Would like to echo the complaints regarding the putting. It seems like the ball goes right over the hole and fails to go in. Game is great other than that though!

13. Grist

Grist Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2008
    VP of Marketing
    Massachusetts
    This is the most fun I've had playing an iOS golf game. There is a large number of well-designed courses, just the right degree of challenge, and great gameplay features including global stats. Very enjoyable and addictive. It's free to try and 99 cents to remove ads.

solarnya likes this.
  14. atko92

atko92 Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2011
    Male
    EV Industry
    England, UK
    Now I've completed the game I can truly say it's the best golf game I have played on iPhone. The tree collision I mentioned earlier is no issue. I slowly learned the angles moreso. The putting is perfectly fine for me, however I would like to see it zoom in when on the green.

Just the ability to abort the swing like I mentioned above would be the only needed change I would like to see.

Cannot wait to see what else is added to this game but the replayability and constantly trying to get up the leaderboards will keep me playing for a long time!

No. 3 overall, globally, on the Maestros on my first try though!

sebgo and Anotherkellydown like this.
  15. LuisRM

LuisRM Active Member

Dec 17, 2009
    Having a lot of fun with this game. Any roadmap of planned extra content you can share with us? I'd gladly pay a couple of bucks for new courses, other skins/customizable options or better clubs. Thanks!

16. Ghostdog1

Ghostdog1 Well-Known Member

Jan 30, 2015
    I downloaded Pixel Pro Golf just to see what all the praise in the forum is about because i thought its just one more golf game. But damn was i wrong.

Of course its golf but for me its the most perfect, chill golf game i have played on ios up till now. The simplicity is perfection and it really has just the right amount of courses. Bought the ad remover without hesitation and would pay more for updates. The rising difficulty is also well balanced and the challenge to rise to number one in the world Ranking will keep me playing for a long time. I also like the putting mechanics and don't find them off - you just have to be precise and need to go slow.

For me Pixel Pro Golf is the game of the month.

macplash and Anotherkellydown like this.
  17. Anotherkellydown

There’s no way I’m number one worldwide.. but I’ll take it :) E4E51096-63E5-4630-A9E8-DB5FFC7E6786.png

Son of Anarchy and macplash like this.
  18. macplash

macplash Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    Of course you’re not. I am!:cool: ..... but seriously, after winning all courses I guess we all are. It’s nice to share the success, isn’t it?:D

—-

Attached Files:

Anotherkellydown likes this.
  19. B3Nder82

B3Nder82 Active Member

Jan 25, 2018
    really nice game.
    But is it just me, or does the screen not fit on the iPhone SE (2016) really well. Think the edges are cut off.

20. sebgo

sebgo Well-Known Member

I agree with @atko92 about the abort swing. Other than that, it's been perfectly fun all the time, even when losing! It'd also be useful having a "restart course" option to avoid going through the menu and course selection screens, but it's not mandatory as the necessary time to do this in its current form is fairly short.

Best $0.99 (remove ads) I've spent in the last few months. Courses and equipment are unlocked as you play, so no need to buy those upfront, although it's good having them available, even if just for supporting the dev.