Universal PIXEL PEOPLE Returning Soon - Beta Test

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Lambdamu, Apr 8, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ann0ying

Ann0ying Well-Known Member

XS Max
    Turning out the SFX doesn’t work. Sounds still play.

2. Corky McButterpants

Corky McButterpants Well-Known Member

May 16, 2012
    Great to see this resurrected.
    An immediate thought: Is the zoom/scroll functionality a placeholder? I only mean how you can’t zoom and scroll together and scrolling itself has no deceleration when you let go; it just stops dead. All seems a little janky. Originally I played on a 4” screen, now looking on iPad so it seems more pronounced.

3. hvianna

hvianna Well-Known Member

Jun 14, 2012
    Male
    IT Analyst / Webmaster
    Brazil
    One of my “terra terrace” buildings is glitched. I have already tried moving it, repainting it, closing and reopening the game, but nothing helped.

61F676E9-8776-42D4-AD90-84DCC2758E7D.jpeg

4. Lambdamu

Lambdamu Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2010
    iPhone Application Developer
    Singapore
    Thank you Mayors, we'll be logging the issues reported and attempt to correct them. Past data will not be able to be imported; and as of now, current data is saved locally on your personal interface devices only.

5. Lambdamu

Apr 19, 2010
    Singapore
    It seems at times a space-distortion zone would appear in a certain quadrant (suggested to be around 12 tiles above the initial coordinates of the Town Hall) and glitches two-tiles building. Structural integrity is curiously unaffected - so no worries there, but how it happens continues to elude us.

hvianna likes this.
  6. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    #26 ste86uk, Apr 11, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2019
    I don’t know if I’m just too tired but it’s too cryptic for me. Past data from the old version I know we can’t get back but what about this beta version still, will we be able to carry on or have to start new again when it launches properly?

It sounds like your saying old game data from the old version can’t be used and the data from this beta version is stored on our devices only, so if we keep it on our devices until launch it’ll still have the save data?

7. Lambdamu

Apr 19, 2010
    Singapore

Ah right. The Mothership cannot guarantee that the data from this test phase will be compatible with the launch version - but if you find any ways to preserve your data please feel free to do so.

8. Corky McButterpants

Corky McButterpants Well-Known Member

May 16, 2012
    No comment on this devs?

9. Unstablefan

Unstablefan Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Feb 22, 2013
    Couple of questions.

1. I see that the Historian is known to be bugged, but when I click on the Museum and try to click on the first (top) slot, the game crashes. The third (bottom) slot is the Historian and that displays the job OK. I don't know who goes in the first slot, but unless it's a second Historian this might be a different bug?

2. Have the timers been tweaked? I feel like I'm waiting longer for new clones to warp in than in the original game.

3. Didn't the original game have IAPs to get more utopium and double income? Do you plan to add those?

Thanks for bringing this beauty back!!!!!

10. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    #30 ste86uk, Apr 11, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2019
    The waiting is feeling fine to me I’m up to 110 land and have 60 of the 150 so far and em enjoying the game. Although what unlocks the new houses? Is it the amount of land I have or do certain citizens? Just unlocked the heavenly house which I like.

Mostly all bugs other people have mentioned that I’ve noticed. I just wondered with the heart it feels so unintuitive to have to hold down on them to collect them and a bit of a waste of time, I know it was like that originally but couldn’t we just tap to collect like with the gold from landscapes and setting buildings going just 1 tap.

In the final release version will there be a link for GC or FB to connect our games to accounts and save them? They seem the most popular ways lately, mostly all Facebook. No cloudsave always puts me off purchases.

11. Unstablefan

Patreon Bronze

Feb 22, 2013
    Here's a bug:

When I first created a Homemaker, one of the work options was the Greenhouse. But the Greenhouse has no slot for a Homemaker, and when I clicked on the Greenhouse the Homemaker did not appear. It seemed to have vanished! I rescued the Homemaker by finding it in housing, and moved it to the Farm.

12. Alarith

Alarith New Member

Apr 11, 2019
    Male
    A Coruña
    This and any chance to translation to Spanish?

13. Lambdamu

Apr 19, 2010
    Singapore
    A NEW VERSION has been sent through TestFlight, Mayors can update and see if experience improves.

> Job permits and customs clearance sorted out: The clones are ready to go work at their proper workplaces, and flowerbeds from Mars and Venus, and the playground are available!
    (You may see an errant Mechanic stuck in certain buildings - notably Theatre and Forensic Lab afer the update. If this happens, there may be corruption in the save data and there is no way to correct that. It only affects those buildings though, the rest of the game will work as intended.)

> Minor zoom-pan improvements

> Legal Loophole option now shows up at Expand interface; information delivered when new Residence option is unlocked.

> Hints are correctly revealed after each respective job is unlocked.

...etc. Most issues reported through here are fixed, or are being looked at. Thank you again, Mayors!

This should be fixed now. Clone arrival times get longer as you progress, build more decor to get spirit discount on those times! Eventually, but as of now, we don't have those.

We have implemented slight improvements on this.

New houses are unlocked when you reach certain level thresholds (no. of times Expanded) - improvements have been made to show you what residences you've unlocked when you reach them.

The one-tap to collect was a building upgrade that we currently don't have in this version.

No promises on cloudsave, unfortunately.

This should be fixed in the new version, however, if you update and find a Mechanic stuck in your Greenhouse instead, that may mean some problems have occured with the save data and there is currently no way to fix it except for restarting.

The possibility is not 0%, but we do need to acquire more resources to do that...in the future.

hvianna likes this.
  14. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    Done the update and so far so good everything seems fine and thanks for putting the arrival time in minutes rather than seconds.

Do you think building rotation would ever be an option?

Lambdamu likes this.
  15. Unstablefan

Patreon Bronze

Feb 22, 2013
    Updated, thanks for your work on this devs!

In the original game, did the Gene Pool have some sort of special power, or am I imagining that?

Lambdamu likes this.
  16. Alarith

Alarith New Member

Apr 11, 2019
    Male
    A Coruña
    Can’t wait to play the final version Any release date?

17. Lambdamu

Apr 19, 2010
    Singapore
    School Of Magic allows you to do that!

Yes, Gene Pool would let you pay coins to instant fill the heart bar, but it’s currently not in. However, Animal Shelter does provide the opportunity for Mayors to adopt a pet every day!

Soon™️

hvianna likes this.
  18. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    #38 ste86uk, Apr 12, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2019
    Since the update once I filled my hearts and it worked fine and twice now after filling my hearts I got nothing and they reset.

I force closed the app just and opened again and my animals packs popped up twice but so did multiple new citizens that I have already welcomed along with one of them giving me the aquarium to build which wasn’t already unlocked when I first welcomed them.

Allowing a Facebook link which works like a cloudsave can’t be that hard though can it?

19. Lambdamu

Apr 19, 2010
    Singapore

Thanks, we've logged the issue and will try looking into it.

20. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    #40 ste86uk, Apr 13, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2019
    Mainly been getting those same issues as mentioned previously but also sometimes when I watch an ad to shorten build times by an hour it doesn’t reduce my build time.

But definitely getting that issue often when the app actually reboots itself it unlocks new buildings for me that should have unlocked with people I previously got. Along with the pop up for multiple people I’d already gotten and pets missed from hearts. 93 out of 150 so far.