Universal Pixel People - (by Chillingo Ltd)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Jan 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. putermcgee

putermcgee Well-Known Member

Jun 4, 2010
    Seattle
    #61 putermcgee, Jan 31, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2013
    so far, it has crashed on me four times. it never gets past the second or third dialog box after you try starting a game.

tried closing it out to no avail. we'll see if a reboot works. it's a 4S running iOS 6.1 too.

EDIT: nope, still crashes at the same point.
    EDIT2: reinstalled, got to a starry sky with a hand pointer...nothing else showed up and no buttons worked. also, I scrolled the hand off the screen a bit and now it's lost forever. reloaded the app, and it crashed as soon as I got to the star field.
    EDIT3: PM from lambda suggested manually going into my cloud settings and clearing the data. that appears to have fixed it.

2. Paradiso

Paradiso Well-Known Member

The more I play the less I appreciate the return to town center feature. I suppose at some point I'll find it more useful, but now it's definitely an annoyance.

3. VoodooVyper

VoodooVyper Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2009
    Same exact thing happening to me on 4th gen iPad. I had recently dl'd the new update for iOS 6 (6.1).

We aren't actually moving the hand, we are moving the map. At this point, we are supposed to see the city. It works fine on my iPhone 5, just not the iPad.

4. JCman7

JCman7 Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2009
    Mechanical Engineering
    NY
    Works fine on my ipad 4 with latest iOS update, no crashes at all. Enjoying the game so far it's like a mix of kairosoft games and tiny tower!

5. Echoseven

Echoseven Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 19, 2011
    The red Skittle
    Double time does, indeed, come from a building, but what is this Utopia IAP I hear?

As for the hints - they're actually there, you just need to press the arrow button facing to the right. The default view takes you to the first hint, while the others are added off to the side.

6. caaalrb

caaalrb New Member

Jan 21, 2013
    Exactly what I was thinking. I'm happily surprised by the pace of the game so far. I was worried it was going to be another long drawn out IAP-fest, but I've been playing for a couple hours and honestly it plays closer to a kairosoft game than any other freemium sim I've played.

Definitely a game I'd live to consistent updates on, there's seemingly endless potential to expand the game further.

7. Hi,

Like many of said, this game is surprisingly good and has me hooked just like all the Kairosoft games.

One problem though, how do you delete a person in the game?

8. xoxothea

xoxothea Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2012
    So far so great! Been playing for a few hours now.

I loved tiny tower so i love this, the whole gene thing adds a new flavor to townbuilding games. With the different jobs and sparkle of humor, itll take a lot for me to get bored of this one.

One question though, what does it mean "Please log into icloud" when i try to back up to icloud? Arent i already logged in?

9. chefsdoeuvre

chefsdoeuvre New Member

Nov 11, 2012
    I've been so looking forward to playing this game, but it's not looking promising that I ever will get to. Every time I open it up it either crashes, or I get through dialog to be presented with a starry sky and no "flashing square". Sometimes I get the hand, sometimes I don't. I've tried re-installing it multiple times with no results. :(

I have the latest OS, but maybe it's because I have an old 2nd generation ipad.

10. Tannorexic

Tannorexic Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2011
    Student
    Somewhere in the spiritual realm
    #70 Tannorexic, Jan 31, 2013
    It hasn't hooked me yet but I only gave it a quick play yesterday. I do really appreciate the graphics though, they look so crisp! I thought my iPad mini had retina display for a second there, I'm just a little bit over the mix and match sort of game, I've played and finished: doodle god, doodle devil, doodle farm, doodle cat, and more. I'm a little bit over it because its mainly guessing and not logic, just luck of the draw combining the correct two. And I'm highly impatient, which I know I could solve by buying utopia but I'm just not that much into the game. To spend money.. Maybe if it had hooked me first, then started going slow. Anyway, The graphics are absolutely gorgeous. I'm in awe of the beautiful pixel art, even though I'm not interested in the genre. I'm sure the game will go far.

Edit-

I just downloaded it on my iPad 2 to see if I'm experiencing the crash, I'm not, works perfectly on iPad 2 and iPad mini, both running 6.01 must be an isolated problem with 6.1.

11. Lambdamu

Lambdamu Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2010
    iPhone Application Developer
    Singapore
    Utopia Corp. has been trying hard to reproduce all reported cases of Mayors unable to report for duty, however we have been so far unable to witness a similar situation first hand.

For now, you are encouraged to attempt the following guidelines from Utopia Tech Support (ONLY if you are crashing in the tutorial stages):

1. Delete App (please do not do this if you have made progress in the game, and until we can verify that iCloud is working as intended)
    2. Remove Pixel People gamedata from your iCloud storage (Settings>iCloud>Storage & Backup>Manage Storage>Pixel People>Edit>Delete All
    3. Reinstall App

If problem still persists, repeat steps 1-3, but turn 'off' Documents & Data temporarily from iCloud settings, before reinstalling.

WARNING: Please try this ONLY if you experience crashes before the tutorial is complete. Any other deletion runs the risk of losing your game data and progress.

12. Markku

Markku Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2011
    After playing tonight I forgot to add roads what do roads really do in this game?

13. chefsdoeuvre

chefsdoeuvre New Member

Nov 11, 2012
    Hallelujah, it worked! :) I repeatedly did Steps #1 and #3 before, so Step #2 must have been what fixed it for me. Thanks so much for responding to me! I'm off to play your game now, yay.

14. tanithfirst

tanithfirst Member

Dec 6, 2010
    IT tech monkey
    Milton Keynes
    #74 tanithfirst, Jan 31, 2013
    I get exactly the same problem on my 5 with 6.1. I get as far as seeing the hand cursor then the game justs quits. I've tried reinstalling. I've tried rebooting my phone. I was looking forwards to this too

Edit: NVM... Got it working now by deleting the cloud save :)

15. hoodwinkedfool

hoodwinkedfool Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2011
    I'm running it on a 4s and 6.1 and haven't crashed after a few hours of play.

16. ramon31

ramon31 Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2011
    Hortacultrist
    Australia
    GameCenter is not working for this app
    On the latest software on iPhone 5

17. copaeci

copaeci Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2012
    student, writer, reviewer, beta tester
    ID
    It has 39 achievements, but it can't connected to my GameCenter account though I'm playing the game..
    Anybody have same problem as mine?

18. chefsdoeuvre

chefsdoeuvre New Member

Nov 11, 2012
    #78 chefsdoeuvre, Jan 31, 2013
    I have the achievements show up, but I haven't earned any of them, so I don't know if it's working 100%.

I don't know if having the police station is necessary for your Gamecenter Achievements to show up/work or not. I know you need to have one in the game to see your accomplishments.

ETA: Okay, I've earned acheivements but they aren't showing up in GameCenter. They do show up in-game when I go to my police station, though.

19. toythatkills

toythatkills Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2010
    Thames Ditton, UK
    I had a screen come up telling me about a "dreamer," but before I could read it someone finished splicing and so a new screen popped up over the top and the dreamer was gone forever.

What was it about?

20. Echoseven

Echoseven Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 19, 2011
    The red Skittle
    #80 Echoseven, Jan 31, 2013
    Special event that gave you a new gene in the gene pool. Look under the "special" tab.

Make your town look prettier.