Universal Pixel People - (by Chillingo Ltd)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Jan 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. C.Hannum

C.Hannum Well-Known Member

Feb 13, 2011
    New York State
    Just realized this is from the same devs who did the 4Towers TD games, so this is a meta theme they're well familiar with. Really looking forward to trying this. If it would show up in my search of the Australia store I could get a head start :)

2. Jerutix

Jerutix Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2009
    Male
    Ministry
    Oklahoma
    I noticed that too. Those games and Dice Soccer were all really well done. I was not planning to download this tonight, but knowing the dev made me reconsider.

3. trnZ

trnZ Active Member

May 20, 2009
    Being a huge fan of Pixel Art, guess I'll be taking screenshots every few seconds!

4. cazlar

cazlar Member

Aug 17, 2011
    I played a little bit this morning on my iPad, very fun, got up to ~15 jobs or so. But then I tried to fire it up on my iPhone and got a fresh city. Since the app uses iCloud to save, I was hoping it would also use it to sync between devices. Am I doing something wrong, or is this planned for the future, or is each city tied to a particular device?

5. Dan@Chillingo

Dan@Chillingo Well-Known Member

Feb 22, 2012
    Dude, (or dudette?) Make sure if you capture anything funny you send it our way. We always love receiving images and comments from players.

We're delighted with the buzz around Pixel People guys - this forum has proven itself a great litmus test for how a game is going to be received in the past and I hope your enthusiasm carries through when you play Pixel People (and realise how super-mega-awesome it is.)

Enjoy folks!

6. visionwebs

visionwebs Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2012
    #46 visionwebs, Jan 31, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2013
    20 past midnight it should be out by now here

App store link broken or just delay?

YAY THERE IT IS!

7. Dan@Chillingo

Dan@Chillingo Well-Known Member

Feb 22, 2012
  8. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    #48 MidianGTX, Jan 31, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2013
    That worked for me, thanks! Now I just need to find the links for SlotZ Racer 2 and Little Inferno.

Edit: This is pretty fun. The perfectionist in me kinda wishes the pixel art was 1:1 on retina iPads but it's crisp enough. The IAPs don't seem any more intrusive than similar games, kind of a mix of Nimblebit games and The Simpsons: Tapped Out.

9. New England Gamer

New England Gamer Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2009
    I have run into an interesting situation. I just loaded it and it had me tap the screen after loading iCloud as usual. But now every 10 or 15 seconds or so there is a pop up as I am playing that says something to the effect - New iCloud data found, press ok to continue. There is no other alternative. I then lose whatever I had just done in the 15 seconds - which isn't HUGE but I haven't been able to progress past this. Is it perhaps a problem with a server and so many new mayors popping up? But I thought it wasn't server based?

10. PixelKind

PixelKind Member

Jun 22, 2011
    Great game! And I love the pixel art! Got around 20 jobs unlocked so far :)

I have 2 questions:
    What happens with the animals? I got 2 so far (Elephant and Horse) but I can't see them anywhere nore can I interact with them. Are they just to collect?

Is there anything else I can do with the Utopium besides speeding things up and getting trees? The trees earn pretty good money (and sometimes Utopium) so I'm wondering if I should just spend it all on trees or if there is anything coming later I should save up for...

And a remark (plus a follow-up question):
    What I found funny is that the smallest residence is the best deal. They all just provide 2 slots per square but for the smallest one thats 5000, the second one has 6000 and the 3rd one 6666. Whats the advantage of building bigger houses?

11. cazlar

cazlar Member

Aug 17, 2011
    You can also buy decorations (carpark, fountains, spaceport, etc) that add to your time and cost discounts. You may need to unlock this with a particular person/building I think, can't remember exactly. These are on the order of 1-4 utopium each (and take up 1 space).

I agree that the smallest residence is the most cost-effective. I'm not sure why. I built a few of the larger ones anyway just in case they acted differently, but haven't noticed anything so far.

12. bramblett05

bramblett05 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2012
    Bigger houses hold more clones (at least what I get a feel of) I think UT could be special only characters that maybe do special things. I did notice that animals that you save do roam around but you have to look cause they move around the trees.

I wish the people would move around more or chat or even do more to the "news"

13. andsoitgoes

andsoitgoes Well-Known Member

14. Lambdamu

Lambdamu Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2010
    iPhone Application Developer
    Singapore
    Greetings!

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. Utopia Corp. has made iCloud support available precisely to allow syncing between Mayoring devices. However it seems like these iCloud services are generally slow to react on launch day. Once Mayors from different parts of the world are all on board and settled, we hope the services resume functioning as tested.

As for your current repeated error message, force quitting Pixel People and relaunching it *should* solve the issue, and any other issues for that matter. Please inform us should your problem still persist.

Utopia Corp. is glad to be of your assistance.

15. Felonious Tub

Felonious Tub Well-Known Member

Oct 3, 2010
    I'm loving the game so far but I've come across a bit of a bug. I've scrolled the screen off of the grid so I can't see the city at all. When I tap on the screen, it asks if I want to go to the town hall. When I say yes, nothing happens and I can't scroll around the screen. In short, I can't see my city anymore.

16. New England Gamer

Jul 30, 2009
    Fixed. Thanks. Force quit did cut the cycle!

So open to a suggestion? Can an arrow be added on the people tab so that you can scroll through the jobs you created? Like a left or right arrow instead of of the back and then tap on the new one?

17. Lambdamu

Lambdamu Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2010
    iPhone Application Developer
    Singapore
    Greetings!
    This marks the first reported case of an entirely misplaced city.
    In case of such an extremely peculiar and rare event, force close your app, relaunch, and attempt to resume Mayoring responsibilities.

Please inform us here at Utopia Corp. if your problem persists.

18. JoshRidgway

JoshRidgway New Member

Jan 31, 2013
    Loving the game Lambdamu!!

The only thing that I can't work out is how to use iCloud sync to share the same game data across my iphone and ipad! Is this possible or is iCloud sync only for backing up the game data to the cloud?? I would really love to have the same world across both my devices!

Thanks again for this great game!!

BTW my girl friend is now hooked as well!!

19. Paradiso

Paradiso Well-Known Member

Pretty fun so far, hooked me more than I thought it would.
    Some comments:
    Sometimes there's a question mark on the building but no hint yet, maybe an error maybe not?

Almost immediately I wanted to be able to rotate either the city or the buildings. The roads are good for organizing but it bothers me that buildings don't face them or integrate, ie trees still block houses from the road.

Maybe an iTunes error but the only iap I see listed on the AppStore is something called double time which I don't see anywhere in game. But I do see utopian listed in game but not the AppStore.

I know there's a strong emphasis on exploration and figuring things out but a little more explanation would be better I think. Do animals serve a purpose? Do buildings have to be attached to other land? Are roads even necessary? Just small questions like that seem to go unanswered so far.

All in all I can see myself playing for quite a while if it stays as engaging to me as it is now.

20. New England Gamer

Jul 30, 2009
    I found where you get the utopia IAP and it is within a building. My thought is that the double time is found in a building as well, but I just don't have it yet.

I saw the ? mark before the hint as well. Happened several times.

And that is my one gripe at the layout is not being able to rotate. I keep thinking I missed it or it is coming as I unlock stuff or whatever! I find my town is growing long but not wide. It just doesn't lend itself to that since everything seems oriented the one way. Would LOVE to rotate!