Universal Pixel People - (by Chillingo Ltd)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Jan 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Unstablefan

Unstablefan Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Feb 22, 2013
    Downloading now...I really hope there are performance improvements. The game has gotten laggier on my iphone 5 every patch.

2. Unstablefan

Patreon Bronze

Feb 22, 2013
    Pretty big update in terms of new clones! I'm continuing to love the core gameplay of finding the clever combinations, clever descriptions, and cute graphics.

3. vicsark

vicsark Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2011
    Cool, it's been a while. I'll check the update later today :)

4. Unstablefan

Patreon Bronze

Feb 22, 2013
    Bug report / question - I spliced some new people, sent them to altar for upgrades, sent them to hotel, turned the app off and back on, and they're gone from the hotel.

???

5. Unstablefan

Patreon Bronze

Feb 22, 2013
    It happens even if I don't send the clone to the altar first.

Is this intentional, no longer allowing newly spliced clones to go to the hotel?

6. Lambdamu

Lambdamu Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2010
    iPhone Application Developer
    Singapore
    #4466 Lambdamu, Feb 12, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2014
    only when you turn the app off while they're in the hotel? is regular hotel movement working for you?

7. Lambdamu

Apr 19, 2010
    Singapore
    we're looking into it and will update you as soon as we have a fix. in the mean time, dont quit with folks stuck in the hotel :(

8. Unstablefan

Patreon Bronze

Feb 22, 2013
    Yes, normal hotel movement is normal.

9. cofunguy

cofunguy Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2012
    Easier said than done since you folks have timers. Exited the program and yep bard in hotel is gone,

Again another buggy update. Do you folks even test anymore?? Beginning to wonder if this app is worth it anymore.

10. Andrwsc

Andrwsc Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2012
    Still haven't fixed the bug for viewing the clone gallery. As soon as I touch the blue area above the heart meter (with the clone count), I get a hard crash. Been this way for several releases now.

11. Lambdamu

Apr 19, 2010
    Singapore
    Thanks for your confirmations (unstablefan too).
    As mentioned earlier, avoid using the hotel (or send the clones back to their homes if you must) until we sort this out.
    PP is a feature rich game as you may have noticed, and even with weeks of closed beta, clearly there are (possibly problematic) combinations of actions that may slip past. This is where your prompt feedback becomes immensely useful and we appreciate it.

We will be putting out a newsflash so that other players who might do this can avoid any further mishap.

12. Lambdamu

Apr 19, 2010
    Singapore
    unfortunately we have no repro on this so it's hard for us to fix. have you contacted support or vice/versa with your save file, etc?

13. Andrwsc

Jul 17, 2012
    How do I get a "save file"? Sounds like I need to hack into my iPod...?

14. cofunguy

cofunguy Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2012
    That is just total BS Ivan. I was a software tester for years (and been retired now for 10+ years) and we followed strict routines on how to test, even the basics. Every step had to be done before software was released. I cannot believe that NO one tested putting a clone into a hotel and leaving the app. Namely since that is what most people would do. I bet unstablefan found it in under 30 mins. So either your beta testers are idiots or not following patterns normal users would do.

And don't even go with they tested only the new features. New features usually break other items...known fact.

15. vix

vix Active Member

So I pay the 75 million in the logging site for 24 hours so I can get more utopium and I only get 9 hours on my counter? I'm starting to think this game isn't worth my time any more. So am I only allowed to trigger that at midnight? Otherwise I get screwed? Oi.

16. vicsark

vicsark Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2011
    cool, missions in the museum that use cash (600m for the first one).
    At last the cash is useful :D

Love the pirate ship art ;)

17. bullseye1975

bullseye1975 Well-Known Member

Mar 25, 2012
    The Lumber Mill has always reset at midnight for as long as I can remember. I don't think anything has changed here.

18. vix

vix Active Member

To be honest, this is the first time I've ever used it. Lol. So I really had no idea. Oops.

19. Andrwsc

Jul 17, 2012
    #4479 Andrwsc, Feb 12, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2014
    Found a bug. Spliced the
    Caveman
    and
    Fairy Godmother
    to get the
    Jungle Dweller
    . There is only one possible workplace,
    Cabin In The Woods
    , but I haven't unlocked that yet so the new clone is stuck in the Arrival Center. I would have expected that the first instance of a newly created clone for a new building would unlock that building.

Edit: I have since spliced the clone that unlocked that building, so the first clone is no longer stuck.

20. Lambdamu

Apr 19, 2010
    Singapore
    we're not here to argue with you, Mayor. We're trying to make the best game we can, for you to play. If you'd like to join our list of normal users who volunteer to help us with the beta, we'd be glad to have you on board.