Universal Pixel Machines (by Bojacob)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by TouchArcade Bot, Apr 17, 2016.

1. GUILTIE

GUILTIE Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2011
    I can already tell I will enjoy this game. Never thought I'd say this, but the controls work much better with the on screen wheel rather than with my MFi controller. I recommend an option to use the MFi controller joystick like the wheel: where you point the joystick the car will go. It's very hard to control with the controller at the moment. Thanks for a great game!

2. djstout

djstout Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2011
    Sportscaster & football (soccer) coach
    Taiwan & Japan
    A race on The living room's floor would be so fun with a sleeping cat or dog and their toys (a mouse or a bone). Having to avoid their tale ^^

3. djstout

djstout Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2011
    Sportscaster & football (soccer) coach
    Taiwan & Japan
    Mad max style is s very good idea, also a garden race would be super fun, with a pond, dirt and grass and a few shovels and other gardening tools. Or why not a rave in the hamster's cage with the wheel ^^

4. atchoo

atchoo Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 20, 2015
    Bassano del Grappa
    @Bojacob I can choose a challenge with my pad, but it would be better if it was highlited which.

5. Gurney Halleck

Gurney Halleck Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2012
    Telephony and Computer Network Engineering and Mai
    Salt Lake City, Utah
    Second this! Maybe a blanket and chair/couch fort?

6. Gurney Halleck

Gurney Halleck Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2012
    Telephony and Computer Network Engineering and Mai
    Salt Lake City, Utah
    All of these too!

7. Bojacob

Bojacob Member

Jun 19, 2013
    Gurney Halleck: Thank you :) I'm working as hard as I can!

GUILTIE: Well that's the only control scheme that made sense on MFi since you have handbrake and reverse while the steering wheel does not.

djstout: hah, I think I'm getting to the point where I need to make a level editor for you guys.

atchoo: Oh hm, I thought it did highlight on iOS when a controller is detected. I must have messed it up on the way, I'll take a look. Thanks!

8. Huesoman

Huesoman New Member

Dec 20, 2016
    I bought my first smartphone some weeks ago and one of the first apps I was looking for was a Micro Machines clone to play local multiplayer with my brothers. But what did I find? This. And after my profound sadness finished fading, I decided to keep on track and spent some hours searching for a true spiritual succesor for such a great franchise. Finally, some days ago, I found this incredible "Pixel machines" game and was eager to play it, until I came across the hard truth: it is only for iOS.

So I was wondering if there are plans for an android release in the future. For the meantime I was thinking on getting an iOS emulator app for my Android and play it from there. But I don't want to make and apple account or using their services, so how can I buy and get the app without using the apple store?. Finalli, does the game support local WiFi multiplayer without connecting to apple servers?. That's all.

Hope you will consider an Android release for this fantastic game, and I think many people would like it too.
    Btw, a free version with a one dollar DLC could increase your sales, just a thought. And this game needs more publicity, can not believe this gets more exposure, :(

9. Bojacob

Bojacob Member

Jun 19, 2013
    Thanks for the interest. The game can be ported to Android quite easily, I just didn't think there was that much interest there as my previous entry into Android wasn't very inspiring. But you know what? Let me give it a try :)

You can play through Game Center, which does actually work through local WiFi. Otherwise, you can play on one screen and use the other screens as controllers.

10. Huesoman

Huesoman New Member

Dec 20, 2016
    YES!!! Thanks for the reply. I will totally buy it and spread the word (when/if released) in other forums if that helps. Good luck and have a nice day :).

11. icoker

icoker Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2013
    Rediscovered this gem just today. Brings me back very fond memories. Will there be updates to accommodate newer devices?