Universal Pixel Jetpack Platformer (by Wildman Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by WildmanGames, Feb 20, 2015.

1. WildmanGames

WildmanGames Member

Aug 21, 2014
    #1 WildmanGames, Feb 20, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2015
    [​IMG]
    Pixel Jetpack Platformer

[SIZE="5"]Wildman Games[/SIZE]
    Genres: Games Arcade Adventure Entertainment
    Free ​

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Minimum iOS Version: iOS 5.1

Download Size: 34.1MB

iTunes Link https://itunes.apple.com/fi/app/id960259974?mt=8

2. WildmanGames

WildmanGames Member

Aug 21, 2014
    #2 WildmanGames, Feb 22, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2015
    Video preview

3. ThumbSnail

ThumbSnail Well-Known Member

Jan 13, 2015
    One-Man Game Developer
    Under a Raincloud
    It's simplistic, but for what it is, it's enjoyable. A couple of thoughts:

-In the first level, I couldn't figure out that the blue area was the goal. I thought I had died because the menu popped up asking me to restart. I'd say either put "Next Level" as the top choice or, even better, just start the next level automatically.

-The controls (at least on an iPad) are somewhat uncomfortable for me. I'd prefer it if the left/right buttons were closer together and/or closer to the left edge.

-While the starry background is cool and helps spice up the graphics, I think it becomes a detriment when you start facing enemies that shoot at you since it makes the bullets even harder to see.

4. WildmanGames

WildmanGames Member

Aug 21, 2014
    Thank you for your comments!

You are right about that the controls for larger screens (iPad) could be little better. We are going to improve those in our upcoming updates.

We might take that restart button away from that "completed menu". As you said it might confuse players.

About that star background we are going to keep it but we could make it less visible. Other solution that we have thought is to make those laser-bullets larger or shinier to improve visibility.

5. ThumbSnail

ThumbSnail Well-Known Member

Jan 13, 2015
    One-Man Game Developer
    Under a Raincloud
    Oh, yeah, sorry if I wasn't clear: I really do like the starry background in the initial stages. It just made it hard to see the enemy bullets in later stages. Thus, I think bigger or shinier bullets is a fine solution.