Universal Pixel Dungeon: Rebirth (by Master of Code)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Jun 6, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    #21 VirtualBoyFreak, Jun 6, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2015
    I think that the game is so simple that it is equally simple as enjoyable. I wouldn't say more fun than the other iOS roguelikes, just different.

Pros: random dungeons, retro gfx, much depth behind its apparently easy design, many badges to collect, a character you have to unlock by finishing the game (i.e.: achievable ending, I suppose) and... It's free!

Cons: EDIT: nothing, you can save mid-level by quitting the app, so... No cons :)

In any case, it's made my day :D

I think there's market for retro games and modern games dude. Go buy XCom or anything with modern gfx if you want, but respect people who like these games. Oh, btw, I can't fit an Atari in my pocket... And the Lynx battery was awful ;)

2. oscar123967

oscar123967 Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2012
    If you quit the app you can go to the character select screen and select "load game" on the bottom left corner

3. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    Thanks! I was quitting the app by pressing menu and then "exit game", which seems to be the only wayin which progress is not saved, doh! Thanks a lot for the heads up :)

4. gmattergames

gmattergames Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2013
    You obviously have a taste for the finer things iOS has to offer, might I recommend Dungeon Keeper, another dungeon themed game, with AAA graphics, made by the pros at Electronic Arts. It's well suited for gamers with your, erm, eye for superior games; you'll love it.

5. Yerti1

Yerti1 Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Aug 8, 2012
    Have you even tried the game or decided to just rate it a 1 star because it doesn't fit your style. Anyone screaming it's 2015 obviously lacks the maturity of most TA readers as we value games for their worth as a whole, and plenty of us like games of days past.

6. Gwarmaxx

Gwarmaxx Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    NCC 1701
    beautiful gem indeed...

The Amulet of Yendor is back in a dungeon deepness!!!

7. Luciano1084

Luciano1084 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2014
    #27 Luciano1084, Jun 7, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2015
    One star rating because you don't like the graphics, seriously? Do us a favor and don't rate this game in the App Store.. Because of people like you giving bogus ratings a bunch of great games miss out on sales/downloads.. Haven't been upset by a rating/comment on TA until now.. Stick to your glamorous ps4 which btw has a bunch of pixelized games as well.. Ugh ###.. Sorry guys, my gears have officially been grinded

P.S. I have no issues with PS4s ##

8. weretiger

weretiger Well-Known Member

Mar 14, 2009
    I haven't played EVERY rogue like, but I've played a lot. Pixel Dungeon requires more strategy / skill / experience / and luck than any other I've played. The quest is so difficult you have to learn every nuance of the game world to overcome it. I've played 100 runs and still haven't got the amulet, but I can predictably get much closer now.

9. Rawk GWJ

Rawk GWJ Well-Known Member

Feb 9, 2014
    It's the fall of mankind as we know it. The end of civilization. The sky raining blood. Cats and dogs sleeping together. #

10. Rythan

Rythan Well-Known Member

May 16, 2014
    This item is no longer available??

11. CzarBrain

CzarBrain Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2012
    ikr?

12. Indyalpha

Indyalpha Member

Sep 6, 2013
    Just got same message, frustrating week!

13. StarScreaMx

StarScreaMx Member

Dec 22, 2013
    #33 StarScreaMx, Jun 7, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2015
    Lol i play only hearthstone on my ios. In my opinion this game is 1 starred because of the graphics.. Can i??? Omg!
    And yes thanks to guys like you these pixel games also comes to adult consoles. bah!!! I prefer gaming on console true, except hearthstone oh yeah :D by by kids

Ps i love my ps4! You better have no issues with ps4 or i gather all the ps fanboys here on ta for u :p

14. vectorarchitekt

vectorarchitekt Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2013
    Where did it go?

15. jsrco

jsrco Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Oct 15, 2009
    Coordinator
    Seattle
    This is a horrible attempt at trolling.

This is one dang good roguelike. Especially for free and no ads.

16. Jake7905

Jake7905 Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2013
    Hearthstone's not on PS4? That PS4 thing must really suck.

17. gemineye62

gemineye62 Well-Known Member

Feb 16, 2010
    I was talking to a teacher friend of mine who teaches Game Maker to his students. He said that while some do play call of duty etc.
    in the lab during their breaks , a lot play minecraft and other older pixel based games. Xeodrifter on the 3DS is a fun platform game with
    simple pixel art and great game play. With your way of thinking ,you are probably missing out on some great games.

18. zen_mode

zen_mode Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2015
    Sydney
    So was it pulled or is the App Store bug that keeps cropping up here in recent weeks?

19. Jorlen

Jorlen Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2009
    IT
    Canada
    Yep no longer on the store.

20. jsrco

jsrco Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Oct 15, 2009
    Coordinator
    Seattle
    So anyone else know if the time you play this at has any effect on the game? Playing at night and it says the dungeon is more dangerous at night.