Universal Pixel Dungeon (by Oleg Dolya)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by VirtualBoyFreak, Jun 19, 2015.

1. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    #21 VirtualBoyFreak, Jun 29, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2015
    IDK, but I'm afraid that the app description not showing nor the link to the game app appearing might have something to do. And honestly, I'd still love to know what on Earth I did wrong when opening the game thread for those values not appearing...

2. slewis7

slewis7 Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2011
    Male
    Retired!
    Houston, TX
    I am guessing this is one of the new apps to have the 10 instead of 9 digit Apple ID. The information does not show up in the old AppShopper app for this game as well.

3. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    Ah, yes, it's id1002210090. Thanks for the heads up! :) Mmmm... This is not good, because App Shopper and other apps (TA app, for example) couldn't get updated because devs had to change a lot of code and it wasn't worth it, so this can only move towards worse... :/

4. slewis7

slewis7 Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2011
    Male
    Retired!
    Houston, TX
    Interestingly enough, not long after I posted my prior message, Pixel Dungeon's info started displaying properly in the AppShopper app after several days of not working!

5. Anotherkellydown

Anotherkellydown Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Bronze

[​IMG]

[thread=263596][​IMG][/thread] [thread=264829][​IMG][/thread] [thread=264951][​IMG][/thread] [thread=264748][​IMG][/thread] [thread=264831][​IMG][/thread] [thread=264504][​IMG][/thread] [thread=264675][​IMG][/thread] [thread=264949][​IMG][/thread] [thread=264793][​IMG][/thread] [thread=264856][​IMG][/thread]

Pixel Dungeon

[​IMG]

is one of the nominees for

Touch Arcade Forums' Game Of The Week

June 25th, 2015

VOTE HERE

***PLEASE NOTE***

1) Developers, publishing partners, or affiliates cannot vote for their own games. If your game is in the poll, you can't vote for it. You are free to ask TA forum posters in your game release thread to vote for your game... but please don't post multiple messages about it.
    2) This voting is for TA members with some activity. If you have to ask someone to create a new account to vote, you're doing it wrong.
    3) Suspect votes may be void.

Credit to AndyC83 for GotW logo

6. doomowl

doomowl Active Member

Mar 18, 2014
    Support on iPhone 4? Will it run smooth on iPhone 4??

7. vonknut

vonknut Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2013
    Think it should run fine one iphone 4.
    The iphone 5 and 6 hardly increases 1 degree when playing and the game uses minimal battery (=not hard on the processor).

Extremely great game btw.
    Have not played anything else for 2 weeks straight....
    -havent got past level 16 though :(

8. aceyprime

aceyprime Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2010
    I've gotten 3 crashes since updating to the latest version of Pixel Dungeon. All of the crashes seem to happen when lots of things are happening at once - multiple enemies attacking, etc. This is on an iPhone 6 Plus w/iOS 8.3. No issues with the initial release. Anyone else experiencing the same thing?

9. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    Not that this may be relevant to the devs, but I as another iPhone 6+ user would love to know, were you playing the game prinarily in portrait or landscape as now you have a choice?

10. aceyprime

Apr 23, 2010
    I've been playing almost exclusively in portrait. My wife who also uses a 6+ has had crashes with the latest update as well. I wouldn't mind a crash once in a while but it usually results in the game disappearing and you have to start a new game from scratch.

11. Ijipop

Ijipop Well-Known Member

Jul 25, 2012
    Same here Iphone 5c, 5 crash under 10 minutes.
    Playing portrait.

Excellent game by the way.

12. jeanreno

jeanreno Well-Known Member

Aug 2, 2009
    Brisbane, Australia
    #32 jeanreno, Jul 15, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2015
    Crashes on iPhone 6+ in latest version, had to quit to menu after every move during the boss because it crashed over 20 times. Contacted dev on twitter and haven't gotten a response.

edit: Got a response, he's looking into it. :)

13. jsrco

jsrco Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Oct 15, 2009
    Coordinator
    Seattle
    Haven't had one crash on the game yet. 6+

14. triwolf

triwolf Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Sep 5, 2012
    Game crashes after 5-10 minutes since last update... Iphone 5s on iOS 8.4.....

15. LordGek

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    Hopefully the last update that dropped July 25th fixed the crashes for everybody.

Not sure if anybody here follow's the dev's Twitter feed, but he's dropped a couple of recent content updates onto the Andriod version (http://pixeldungeon.tumblr.com/tagged/pixeldungeon).

He says he'll port these changes over to iOS and the PC versions of the game once he's confident they're stable enough. Since this was originally an Android game and I assume, with minimal checks and balances over there, it is much easier to just drop and patch new versions, it makes sense as an ideal testing ground. I mean as much as I want new game content YESTERDAY, I can appreciate how much of a pain it can be to update content in iOS so, if I were a dev, I surely would want to make sure I hadn't completely broken the game with new mechanics that looked great on paper but just didn't play out well, before porting it over.

16. aceyprime

Apr 23, 2010
    Things have been working perfectly for me since the latest update. Looking forward to future updates - some of the changes sound interesting in the latest android update.

17. somedumbgamer

somedumbgamer Well-Known Member

May 4, 2013
    Really enjoying this one

18. jsrco

jsrco Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Oct 15, 2009
    Coordinator
    Seattle
    I finally beat the game on my 99th play through. Although quite a few were wipes to reset the first level. I also just learned about the hero's corpse on runs!

The new degradation mechanic is going to really help things out!

19. LordGek

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    Looting the corpse for a random prize from that incarnation?

20. Lohengriehn

Lohengriehn Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2013
    whats the difference between the free one and the paid version? i bought the paid version because the free one was well done. But I didnt notice any differences so far, beside the price tag and the rebirth. Or is the free version just abandoned?