Pixel Defenders Puzzle (by Gary Whittle)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Vovin, Dec 15, 2012.

1. formulae

formulae Well-Known Member

Dec 15, 2012
    Hi bigsid,

You're the 2nd person to report this problem - they also have an iPhone 6 Plus, so it looks like there might be a bug with regards to the resolution. I'll look into it and get back to you!

In the mean time, if you want to email me at [email protected] we can try some fixes.

2. aconfusedkender

aconfusedkender Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2012
    Oil & Gas
    Kendermore, Ansalon
    Hey I played this when it came out and this reminded me of how I never finished it. I just redownloaded it and getting primed up to try again ;)

3. imdakine1

imdakine1 Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2011
    Thanks for posting as I had this on my list to purchase one day but will wait to see if a fix is pushed out. Something has held May back on this game... I liked triple town which was brought up as similar but didn't love it. I've gotten hooked on Hero Emblems and now need to decide if this gets fixed if I'll get it or not.

It seems so up my ally as I like match games and RPG elements combined!

4. imdakine1

imdakine1 Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2011
    This post may have sealed the deal for me as the initial triple town comparison turned me off as I didn't feel it had any purpose or goal. This one seems to have a purpose with levels or objectives.

5. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    I hate triple town and can't stand those games. So if you dislike those don't let it put you off this.

6. Guise

Guise Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2009
    Unexpected and awesome update. Sadly, I'm having the same 6 Plus issue. Looking forward to playing the expansion.

This game is top-notch business. Anyone who's on the fence should jump off and get defending.

7. formulae

Dec 15, 2012
    Hi guys,

The game shipped with a critical bug that only affects the iPhone 6 Plus (all other devices are working fine).
    I've found and fixed the bug, and Apple have granted an expidited review for it, so hopefully it won't stay broken longer than a day or two!

Sorry for any inconvenience caused to anyone!

Hope you guys enjoy the expansion! :)

8. Ubisububi

Ubisububi Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2009
    California
    Yes!!

9. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    Awesome news because I have the same issue on my 6 plus.

10. PBSNellie

PBSNellie Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2013
    Southern CA
    I hadn't played this in awhile and forgot how much I liked it. Very nice surprise with the new shadow mode update. Two full levels to try out and how could I say no? Upgraded, and happy to do it. Thanks for not abandoning this game.

11. formulae

Dec 15, 2012
    Thanks to you, and everyone who enjoys it! The majority of my motivation to create more content was players asking for more :)

12. formulae

Dec 15, 2012
    The iPhone 6 Plus fix update is out now - so any iPhone 6 Plus users having problems please update and let me know if there any other problems!

13. lezrock

lezrock Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2010
    @developer I can't play the game on my iPhone 5 vanilla iOS 8.1.1 it just hangs in the loading screen. I recently bought it after reading an touch arcade article. I had hope that the update would do the mojo, but nada, same thing ;-(
    Strange thing is that's the only app that behaves this way. Didn't ever happen to me before, that a app refuses to even load to the menu. Hope you can fix this...

14. formulae

Dec 15, 2012
    Bummer! Could you email me at [email protected] ? Can try and find a fix from there!

15. Jerutix

Jerutix Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2009
    Male
    Ministry
    Oklahoma
    Man, this update is awesome! This is now the third time I have put PDP on my phone, and I love it again! Not only is The Shadow Prophecy really cool (I mean, new units, new tactics, new levels!), but I'm playing through the original levels again and loving them all over again. This is such a good game. I don't know why I ever deleted it twice.

Also, I feel like it looks so much crisper now. Maybe it's because I'm on an iPhone 6, but it just looks so good. Keep it up!

16. nyanpass

nyanpass Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2017
    I can feel the developer's sincerity about the game.

It's been updated a long time, but does it still play well?

According to a recent review, it constantly freezes or crashes.

17. lilneo

lilneo Well-Known Member

Feb 28, 2012
    Work in State Government
    México
    We need an maintance update like fix crashes and bring us support for the iPhone X native full screen! :(:(:(

18. nyanpass

nyanpass Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2017
    This great game needs 64-bit support.