Universal Pixel Cup Soccer 16 (by ODT S.A.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by touchy85, Jun 1, 2016.

1. italodance

italodance Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2009
    electrical
    Tehran-Iran
    Why? :''( But we have purchased, i mean it is a new game recently and that's tooooooo soon to make it free on Appstore. I really disappointed in devs.

2. JohnnyClash

JohnnyClash Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2016
    #162 JohnnyClash, Aug 18, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2016
    I've wanted this game since day one. But.. On day one, I went to appshopper and noticed that they dropped Pixel Soccer to free during the first month after its release. So, I waited on this one and it payed off. Yes, I buy loads of premium stuff on release day, and spend money on ftp too. But I also do my homework on the past sales history of wellknown devs..

3. Batovi Games Studio

Batovi Games Studio Well-Known Member

Apr 1, 2014
    Game dev studio
    Montevideo, Uruguay
    Pixel Cup Soccer was invited by Apple to be Free App of the Week! We couldn´t say no! But please don´t be disappointed, you are the reason we can continue doing games, like for example, Pixel Cup Soccer 17! Thank you very much!! It´s only for a week.

4. atchoo

atchoo Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 20, 2015
    Bassano del Grappa
    #164 atchoo, Aug 18, 2016
    This! But, wait, "you" ≠ JohnnyClash.
    I'm playing your game just now, but I don't regret my day one purchase.
    How could I asking about better header in the midfield if I wasn't paying for it? :D

5. ramzarules

ramzarules Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2014
    Greece
    picked it up and it's a lot of fun! it gives this World Cup on the original Gameboy vibe. Only, why when i try to shoot my temamates go in front of me and stop the ball with their bodies 90% of the time? :) is it some AI setting to avoid this?

6. italodance

italodance Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2009
    electrical
    Tehran-Iran
    #166 italodance, Aug 18, 2016
    Learned my lesson through your homework. :mad:

I wonder why a new game? Apple usually picks old premium app/game up for the week , I remember "Space Marchals" was also the free app of the week a couple of weeks ago but AFTER a year and it makes sense.

7. Batovi Games Studio

Batovi Games Studio Well-Known Member

Apr 1, 2014
    Game dev studio
    Montevideo, Uruguay
    You are right! We have to improve the AI!

8. ramzarules

ramzarules Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2014
    Greece
    Aha! Well, it's a lot of fun as it is, and you have LOADS of stuff for championships. With some AI improvement it will be perfect! I'm not a big sports fan, but since i got this for free and i like it, i'll be keeping an eye out for your next game :)

Also, to the people who feel sore for games going free/discounted, please, know that 90% of the games go free or discounted at some point, a week, a month, or a year later. It's just a matter of WHEN you want a game, and how much you want to support the devs.

9. Meshugenah Games

Meshugenah Games Well-Known Member

Aug 4, 2016
    Understandable that people would be disappointed that they paid for a game that went free, but its not fair to blame the devs and/or expect them to turn down a chance to be featured by Apple.

The money paid will go towards updates and awesome new games.

10. curtisrshideler

curtisrshideler Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    And the money might go towards bills and food too! The cost of living, amiright?! ;)

I, on the other hand, feel bad that I just got it for free. Guess I better go buy 2017 on Steam to support them. Just wish it had the ability to change the clubs' names in the league so I could set it up to be my favorite EPL clubs.

11. Meshugenah Games

Meshugenah Games Well-Known Member

Aug 4, 2016
    #171 Meshugenah Games, Aug 18, 2016
    Absolutely.

12. Boyen

Boyen Active Member

Jun 13, 2016
    Just bought the game on android. I think the game is a diamond in the rough. It has some good ideas for sure. few questions, observations;

• Why are other players actively blocking my shots?
    • What should I do after a goal kick or any high ball? When I give a header the ball lands at the opponents feet, when I don't the opponent manages to give a header but actually aims it to a teammate.
    • How do you actually perform the through pass?
    • I don't like the context sensitive pass/shoot on goal as it never does what I want it to do (but might be my inability) for example:
    • I want to give a high pass with my wingers from near the goal line, but I can't as it will automatically shoot on target, how should I perform this?
    • How would I give any high or low pass to a player near the goal without it being aimed at the goal instead?
    • Lastly, would very much like to be able to resize the UI and place things differently.