Universal Pixel Boat Rush (by XperimentalZ Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Oct 8, 2014.

1. XperimentalZ

XperimentalZ Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 20, 2010
    XperimentalZ Games Founder
    Montreal, Canada
    Hehe :D. While we can't restart the poll, it would definitely be nice to grasp the potential interest for this...

2. XperimentalZ

Patreon Bronze

Jul 20, 2010
    Montreal, Canada
    Endless is now leading 15 to 10. 17 to 10 if we count the vote change and Rich's vote.

It looks like we're starting to have a decent statistical sample. The launch on Android and Mac is this Wednesday. I guess we'll let the vote run for a few more days and then call it official!

3. dragon4ever

dragon4ever Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2009
    #163 dragon4ever, Dec 10, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2014
    I just purchased this game on Android. And what's there not to like? I love the pixelated graphics, the fun gameplay mechanics and the plethora of content from the various boats to unlock and the different types of races. Awesome game!!!

4. XperimentalZ

Patreon Bronze

Jul 20, 2010
    Montreal, Canada
    Woot, thanks! The Android release process has been slightly more bumpier than expected but we're glad it's now finally out!!

5. RobotNation

RobotNation New Member

Nov 15, 2014
    Great game!

Great game! Just a quick note. In pro event 9, regardless of how you finish, the game is registering as a 6th or 7th place. I've tried several times finishing in different positions, with no luck.

6. XperimentalZ

Patreon Bronze

Jul 20, 2010
    Montreal, Canada
    That's the first Demolition mode race. The thing that matters here is the kills count!

7. RobotNation

RobotNation New Member

Nov 15, 2014
    Oh I see. I will try now. Thanks!

8. XperimentalZ

Patreon Bronze

Jul 20, 2010
    Montreal, Canada
    So it's time to close this event, Endless mode wins with 15, multiplayer comes second with 11!

We'll probably also add video recording/replays.

No promise, but we'll also check if it would be possible to also add that make-your-own-boat pixel editor!

9. redranch91

redranch91 Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2014
    I seem to have a problem with the Class A events. After Event 8, I can't select any other boat but Fuzzy.I think there's a bug there somewhere unless we're only allowed to use Fuzzy for all races after that which I doubt is the case. Any fix for this?

10. XperimentalZ

Patreon Bronze

Jul 20, 2010
    Montreal, Canada
    Hmm that's odd. Indeed, there should be no restriction on the boat selection.

What happens if you slide on an event lower than 8, select a different boat and then re-slide on an event larger than 8?

Have you tried hard quitting the game and restarting the game?

11. XperimentalZ

Patreon Bronze

Jul 20, 2010
    Montreal, Canada
    I've thought about it again and perhaps I understand. In principle, you're supposed to use a boat from the same class you race in. However, if you don't have a boat from the correct class, the game allows you to use a boat from a lower class (it will display with a warning sign).

Once you purchase a boat from the right class, you won't be able to use one from a lower class any more.

12. redranch91

Mar 3, 2014
    Oh no...I just deleted the game and redownloaded it and everything is gone! I saved and uploaded the game to iCloud before deleting but now there's
    no option to download the last saved game. :(:(

13. XperimentalZ

Patreon Bronze

Jul 20, 2010
    Montreal, Canada
    Well that's sad if you really lost your saved game, especially if what you saw was not caused by a bug :(.

If you gave enough time to iCloud to send the data before deleting (there can be delays), in principle all you have to do is to go on the correct saved slot, create a file (if necessary), and hit download.

14. redranch91

Mar 3, 2014
    Thanks for getting back to me.It looks like I won't be able to get my saved game back but it's cool.I don't mind playing it all over again. No complaints at all!

15. XperimentalZ

Patreon Bronze

Jul 20, 2010
    Montreal, Canada
    We finally started to work on the update and I'd like to confirm that the Boat Editor should be included along with the endless mode :D.

For more details and a mockup of the editor, please take a look at the 'incoming' thread

16. sweetdiss

sweetdiss Well-Known Member

Jun 15, 2009
    Yesssssss

17. XperimentalZ

Patreon Bronze

Jul 20, 2010
    Montreal, Canada
    Here's a sneak peak of the incoming endless mode!

Procedural generation, one point for passing an opponent, 2 points for blowing it up. Difficulty is ramping up rather quickly.

18. XperimentalZ

Patreon Bronze

Jul 20, 2010
    Montreal, Canada
    The update is coming soon! We just submitted a version for external beta review at Apple. We'll soon be looking for people to help us check out the game before the official release.

Here's example of the procedural generation of tracks and visuals for the upcoming endless mode:

[​IMG]

19. XperimentalZ

Patreon Bronze

Jul 20, 2010
    Montreal, Canada
    The update is now available in beta through Testflight! If you'd like to help us test the update before its official release, please email us at info[at]xperimentalzgames.com or write me a private message and let me know at which email you'd like to receive the invitation.

Cheers!

20. XperimentalZ

Patreon Bronze

Jul 20, 2010
    Montreal, Canada
    A new beta build for the upcoming update just become active through Testflight. Along with other minor modifications, it includes changes to the AI and Ammo spawn for the endless mode in order to increase the density of action even more.

Here's a short gameplay video example:

https://www.kamcord.com/v/jLHQBEzZ1F7

It's still time to help us beta test the update before the final submission!