Universal Pixel Boat Rush (by XperimentalZ Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Oct 8, 2014.

1. NOEN

NOEN Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2012
    U.S.
    I'm voting for endless mode first, although I'd like to see it all, I think endless would be cool. Still one of my favorite games. It has so much character. I'm loving how many boats and upgrades there are. That's what does it for me.

2. XperimentalZ

XperimentalZ Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 20, 2010
    XperimentalZ Games Founder
    Montreal, Canada
    Yeah endless shows a lot of promise because it would add yet another dimension to the game.

Most likely, there will also be a new set of boats included with the update, whatever is chosen :D.

3. XperimentalZ

Patreon Bronze

Jul 20, 2010
    Montreal, Canada
    The double-event for Pixel Boat Rush has now begun! First of all, the game is at half price (0.99$) for a limited time!

Secondly, you can now vote for your preferred content in the upcoming threads on TA!

We'll probably run the vote for 1 week.

4. XperimentalZ

Patreon Bronze

Jul 20, 2010
    Montreal, Canada
    The poll is off to a slow start but there's a few votes already in! Multiplayer is in the lead.

5. Chris566

Chris566 Member

Jan 6, 2011
    Downloaded the game today. Love it!

I vote for #3.

6. XperimentalZ

Patreon Bronze

Jul 20, 2010
    Montreal, Canada
    That's great to hear!

Heads-up: Endless is in the lead 8 votes to 4!

7. Lazer Kat

Lazer Kat Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2013
    Voted for season, but endless is a close second

8. XperimentalZ

Patreon Bronze

Jul 20, 2010
    Montreal, Canada
    Yeah that's interesting, I would not have thought that the season option would have shown in second, especially after having so many people mentioning multiplayer over time.

Time will tell if this is just a statistical fluke. The more votes we have, the more representative it gets!

9. Lazer Kat

Sep 29, 2013
    #149 Lazer Kat, Dec 4, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2014
    Honestly I regret my season vote.
    The career mode is too close to a season. I'd rather see endless...
    BUT...since you asked, what I'd really like is something less predictable than an endless mode.
    Something less safe than a season mode, and more exciting than multiplayer (to me anyway).

It's pixel boat rush.
    Imagine collecting different colored pixels at the end of races, and then allowing us to use those pixels to design our own boat...sort of like Blocky Road but on a smaller pixel scale...with boats...and 2D.
    Different colored pixels could be tied to different classes, stats, and attributes.

I know it's ambitious, and probably a lot of work...but things like this can make a game go viral. People love creating and sharing their creations. Look at what happened to Geometry Dash.

10. XperimentalZ

Patreon Bronze

Jul 20, 2010
    Montreal, Canada
    #150 XperimentalZ, Dec 4, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2014
    Every vote or feedback is insightful and since the vote public, if you feel like changing it, I guess we can take this into account at the end in case of a tie.

Making your own boat has been mentioned before and that would already be cool. But in conjunction with pixel collection, that would be just awesome.

It's too late to add it as one of the options but I'll have a hard time not thinking about it...

11. Lazer Kat

Sep 29, 2013
    You can't change a vote in the poll, but after I voted I pulled up The game to play it, and I realized that a Season mode would be too close to the current Career mode.

I think endless would add something new and exciting, compared to season anyway.

12. XperimentalZ

Patreon Bronze

Jul 20, 2010
    Montreal, Canada
    Yeah I just meant that we could take your vote change into account once we check the count at the end.

Now endless is in the lead 12 to 6 (multiplayer is now second), if we take your change into account. Even 13 to 6, if we include Rich's opinion (he has not voted yet).

13. duncanmiller

duncanmiller New Member

Jan 25, 2013
    I'm loving playing this game but is anyone else having trouble with cloud sync for saving?

Have been playing on my iPhone and uploaded my save (no problems)

But when I try to download my save to a clean ipad install it just asks if I want to overwrite 0% with 0%

Both on the same iCloud I'd/Game Center etc...

If I play a bit more on the iPhone then try to upload it correctly asks if I want to overwrite the % in cloud with new % from local

14. XperimentalZ

Patreon Bronze

Jul 20, 2010
    Montreal, Canada
    Hmm that's the behaviour you'd see if one of your device was offline or not connected to iCloud (device systems) or connected to iCloud on different account or if the iCloud server was down for whatever reason.

15. XperimentalZ

Patreon Bronze

Jul 20, 2010
    Montreal, Canada
    There's still time to vote for the next content update! Endless Mode still in the lead, multiplayer in second! Vote here

16. bryngylf

bryngylf Member

Jan 18, 2013
    #156 bryngylf, Dec 7, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2014
    I'm having the same problem as duncanmiller. Played a fair bit on ipad, upload it, but it wont download on my iphone. Icloud drive activated (checked that the game is activated also) on both devices. Both are ios8, same account.

Edit: Just wanted to add that this is a wonderful game!

17. redranch91

redranch91 Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2014
    Voted! Hoping to see Endless Mode become a reality soon.

This game is super addictive and I'm loving every minute of it. Would like to see new boats being added too. Not that I'm complaining about the massive fleet that is already in the game. :D

18. XperimentalZ

Patreon Bronze

Jul 20, 2010
    Montreal, Canada
    Just to make sure, I've installed the actual version from the App Store on my devices and followed the same steps. In the first try, I had the same result as you. I re-uploaded and then it worked.

I reproduced the steps a second time to check if I always had to re-upload a saved game, if the install on the second device was made AFTER uploading. But in that test it worked immediately. So perhaps it was more of a connection delay issue.

19. XperimentalZ

Patreon Bronze

Jul 20, 2010
    Montreal, Canada
    It's too much fun making boats, I'll certainly add a few ones :D.

I'm still plagued about that make-your-own-boat idea. The good thing is that the boats are already 'maps', made of many individual pieces. This means that the base is already there for making an editor.

20. ramzarules

ramzarules Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2014
    Greece
    WOO MAKE YOUR OWN BOATS sorry i got excited :D can i 10*vote that?