Universal Pixel Boat Rush (by XperimentalZ Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Oct 8, 2014.

1. orangecan

orangecan Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2011
    I've had this issue as well, I thought it was damage related it certainly seems to coincide with getting shot a lot. It's definitely a full stop rather than a slow down

2. XperimentalZ

XperimentalZ Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 20, 2010
    XperimentalZ Games Founder
    Montreal, Canada
    Of course if you're destroyed you might stop but I'm sure that's not what you're talking about.

Which device/iOS are you on? It would be awesome if someone would have reproducible steps for that bug but my hopes are not too high since it has been quite elusive.

Wild guess: if you reverse the device you're still having the trouble?

3. Sexy Pirate

Sexy Pirate Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2014
    Call centre / Parent
    Newcastle England
    Didn't want to say anything because I thought it was just my fingers but I've had my boat randomly stop moving before too? It's only happened a couple of times and lifting my finger and pressing again gets my boat moving so I just presumed it was my finger not registering or slipping off the screen. But thought I'd mention it since other have experienced it to.

4. rIcHrAnDoM

rIcHrAnDoM Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    #64 rIcHrAnDoM, Oct 10, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2014
    GOTW for me. I love everything about this game and hope this one rolls in the dough for XperimentalZ, well deserved.

5. vonknut

vonknut Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2013
    Ive had it on several occassions, eg. after a jump and after a checkpoint / lap.

But dunno exactly what the logic is.

Im on iphone 5, ios 7 (latest)

6. XperimentalZ

Patreon Bronze

Jul 20, 2010
    Montreal, Canada
    I'm sure you meant GOTW but that's already a huge compliment :D

7. rIcHrAnDoM

Patreon Silver

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    Yeah, just changed my original post, but still dem boatzzz! ;)

8. coolpepper43

coolpepper43 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    OMG! When you mentioned two of the games you played this week were your GOTY I thought this must be your luckiest week! LOL :D

9. rIcHrAnDoM

Patreon Silver

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    Could this "issue" multiple people have reported be they're actually getting hit by the boat Shadow, whose weapon slows boats and disables their weapons? Just a question :)

10. orangecan

orangecan Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2011
    Yeah it's definitely not when I'm destroyed, that's quite specifically being destroyed! It doesn't happen often but it does happen and I can't put my finger on what causes it sorry. I'm on the touch 5g with the last iOS 7 version.

It's not a game breaker by any stretch so (from my pov anyway) I wouldn't worry too much about it

11. XperimentalZ

Patreon Bronze

Jul 20, 2010
    Montreal, Canada
    The flip side of not appearing often makes it much more elusive, otherwise that would have been fixed months ago.

From what we gathered, it appears only on iPhone 5 (dunno about 6, and perhaps on iPad air (we can't reproduce it on pod4, iPad 1, iPad mini) ), it can appear randomly (on any track, any class, any boat, in air or on water, at any moment) in every 10-20 games. It makes you lose the input, you have to release the throttle and touch again to re-accelerate.

I suppose that the trouble is not related to the stun, since it appears that the user will stay still until he re-taps.

It be curious to know if the bug can be reproduced if you play upside down (with the home button on the other side), to eliminate a 'lost-touch-border-effect' potential cause.

12. So i'm about to buy this game. Anything i need to know before purchase ? (iPad 3 latest firmware)

13. XperimentalZ

Patreon Bronze

Jul 20, 2010
    Montreal, Canada
    Yes, prepare to have fun! From what we know, there's no specific issue related to iPad 3.

14. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    And on iPhone 4S? I already clicked on buy, just being curious... :D

15. XperimentalZ

Patreon Bronze

Jul 20, 2010
    Montreal, Canada
    It should be fine! Just to be clear (I think that others will agree), even the lost touch issue is really minor. I'm not even sure if we'll manage to put our finger on it.

Supported devices are from iPod 4 and iPad 2, iOS 5.1.1, up to iPhone 6. We made sure to resolve issues related to iOS 8 and new devices just before submitting.

Big issues, if there's any, are yet to be reported to us.

16. rIcHrAnDoM

Patreon Silver

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    I'm on a 5S and haven't experienced this "touch issue". The game plays smooth.

17. Remote_

Remote_ Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

May 26, 2011
    UK
    Over and above all games this week (and that does include some killers, it must be said) this is absolutely the most fun I've had.

Loving the simplicity of play mixed with a genuinely skillful progression that involves really learning the mechanics.

Graphics, awesome. Sound, just fantastic (that title theme reminds of save game screen music from Sonic 3).

Has put so many smiles on my face.

Thank you devs :)

18. Puke Aces

Puke Aces Well-Known Member

This was just awsome to play :D. Although it crashed once on my iPad mini with retina display but otherwise it was excellent

19. XperimentalZ

Patreon Bronze

Jul 20, 2010
    Montreal, Canada
    Hmm, it would make it even weirder if it would happen on 5 but not 5S (unless some obscure system problem was resolved with the latest iOS). Still wondering if the orientation (home button left or right) can change something.

That is just awesome to hear!

20. vonknut

vonknut Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2013
    Yeah, its really a nice game.

About the touch issue, i play with home on right side, will try to reverse.
    It is not depending on action, happened both after and without shooting, after jumps and on level ground etc.
    Played on b4 without it happening, then happened 10 times on b5, odd....