Universal Pixel Boat Rush (by XperimentalZ Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Oct 8, 2014.

1. ojtitus

ojtitus Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2010
    Male
    Canton, Ohio
    This game is a lot of fun, great job XperimentalZ!:)

2. rIcHrAnDoM

rIcHrAnDoM Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    Damn, this was worth the wait! Loving this. Tons of content, great music and graphics and a cool storyline too :D I can tell you guys at Xperimentalz poured yourselves into this game, it shines. Very happy customer here.

Richard

3. PoloBaquerizoH

PoloBaquerizoH Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2013
    Insta buy, this game is great!

4. Doom

Doom Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2011
    Working for the man
    Northeastern California
    #24 Doom, Oct 9, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2014
    Woot! Glad to see yall getting into this game..it has been made with so much love and attention to detail...can say make sure you use your tools to upgrade your boats..it will help when you get stuck. Thanks so much for playing..really think you will like this one..the Devs are super responsive and if you have any questions just jot em down...I was just an occasional tester but I grew to love this game..hope you do too. Thanks again and enjoy it! A year plus of work is inside it.#
    Only reason I gave it 4 stars is I would love to see multiplayer..it would take a total rework of the code says devs..if it becomes popular it could happen..just imagine racing your buds in real,life..ha..so cool..push for it#

5. ScotDamn

ScotDamn Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jul 8, 2013
    Wireless Sales
    Happy Daddy
    Wow. I am really impressed with this game. I saw high praise from pete and others so I dove in. Pretty stoked I did. It seems to mix elements from moto cross games which works perfectly with it being a racing game in water. Along with the upgrades and wonderfully retro graphics/music, it's definitely an easy recommendation. The licenses needed to enter different tracks is certainly a nice touch. Good job dev!

6. XperimentalZ

XperimentalZ Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 20, 2010
    XperimentalZ Games Founder
    Montreal, Canada
    Yayy thanks for the awesome comments! Super happy every time I hear that someone is having fun with the game.

And from class A, it only gets better in my opinion! It's where everything comes together.

7. Sexy Pirate

Sexy Pirate Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2014
    Call centre / Parent
    Newcastle England
    Just woke up. Off to download this now and have a play before work :D

8. wigzisonfire

wigzisonfire Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2012
    Art Director
    London
    Been sooo excited for this! Insta bought and it has not disappointed me!!

Great game!

9. Sexy Pirate

Sep 29, 2014
    Call centre / Parent
    Newcastle England
    Wow this looks and sounds awesome in action, the controls are getting a bit used to as I'm so used to pressing to descend (like tiny wings style) but I'm sure with a bit of practice they'll stick. Just got all gold on the first license and finished my first few races. Loving it and appreciate the hard work guys.

10. XperimentalZ

Patreon Bronze

Jul 20, 2010
    Montreal, Canada
    Glad you enjoy it so far! About one year ago, we tried reversing the control, with touch to brake and auto-accelerate. That would have put 'diving' on press. That did not work, I'm really unsure why.

This makes me think that we don't have controls schemes. Something to look into should that becomes necessary.

11. Sexy Pirate

Sep 29, 2014
    Call centre / Parent
    Newcastle England
    It's fine after a while it just took a little getting used to.
    Really can't express how much I'm loving this game tho, giving me a total nostalgia feeling and for some reason it reminds me of playing f zero on the Snes. Everything's spot on from the graphics to the sound and even the menus. Very cool game and for £1.49 a bargain. (Love the fact it's got cloud saves so I can play on my phone and ipad without losing progress)

12. XperimentalZ

Patreon Bronze

Jul 20, 2010
    Montreal, Canada
    This video helps me understand a comment from James in his App Spy's hands on. He was wondering why he had had to cover the front view with his finger.

The button visual might be in the way, but the touch zone extends all the way down to the bottom (and to the top) so it's not necessary to cover the view.

13. rIcHrAnDoM

rIcHrAnDoM Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    #34 rIcHrAnDoM, Oct 9, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2014
    Pixel Boat Rush is very fleshed out from the get go. The core game mechanics are easy to learn and fun, yet the course variety, different boat stats and wily enemies make for strategic and challenging races. There are a ton of race modes/races, boats upgrades, power-ups etc. XperimentalZ has created a fully-featured game with their initial release. The game, just based on the sheer amount of content, could easily have sold for four to five bucks. Add in the fact that the graphics, music and extras indeed round out the game in such a satisfying way and what you have here folks is a DO NOT MISS THIS GAME kind of game ;) all-in-all, I am so very satisfied with my purchase, I wish there was an "indie Supporter" iap so I could hook these devs up with what I feel is their fair earnings for my copy of the game. Great job guys, I see myself playing this daily for some time to come.

Did I mention this game is awesome...? There is cloud saving and it's great that the devs took the time to add this feature to their initial release, as a lot of games are rushed out to iTunes without these.

Richard

Btw, this is my AppStore review^^^ along with five big solid orange stars.

14. wigzisonfire

wigzisonfire Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2012
    Art Director
    London
    I echo all the other glowing reviews here.

This game is soo damn good! I can't urge you more to go buy! I was a little unsure looking at the screen shots and videos (looked a little cheap to me!)

Can I just express that no screens or videos can do justice to how awesome it feels to play this game! The release to break mechanic that glues to waves is the greatest thing ever!!!!!

All I can say is, I bought the banner saga yesterday and since getting pixel boat I haven't played it since!!! This game is epic!

Well done devs

15. sink_or_swim

sink_or_swim Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2012
    Germany
    After the fantastic Platforms Unlimited this dev deserves every $ from me for every game they release in the future. I'm getting this one when I'm home from work, it looks great.

16. djstout

djstout Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2011
    Sportscaster & football (soccer) coach
    Taiwan & Japan
    Excellent game! I was part of the beta testing team and really enjoyed it, I just bought it to support the Dev as he really did a great job and listened to his team to make it better, great job!

17. Fedorov

Fedorov Well-Known Member

May 18, 2009
    Echoing the above excellent comments - I bought purely on this thread and after only the first race gritting my teeth trying to get 1st places over those waves was just amazing to play.

Can't wait to progress and upgrade now!

18. Shaban

Shaban Active Member

Jun 26, 2012
    Game developper
    Geneva
    I love the old-skool Pixel style. And the mechanics seem interesting

19. Andy C83

Andy C83 Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2010
    Over the Rainbow
    You summed up my feelings quite perfectly there, Sink. Looking forward to getting into this one later.