Universal Pixel Boat Rush (by XperimentalZ Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Oct 8, 2014.

1. XperimentalZ

XperimentalZ Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 20, 2010
    XperimentalZ Games Founder
    Montreal, Canada
    #241 XperimentalZ, Aug 4, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2016
    That's weird because the update 1.2.7 is supposed to have resolved that 5 months ago. You think you could install that version to see if something changed between 1.2.7 and 1.3.0? If 1.2.7 works, you can download and re-save your game through iCloud and your premium status is supposed to carry over, so that would be one way around the problem.

We'll investigate the issue on our side, but additional data can be helpful.

2. sugimulm

sugimulm Well-Known Member

Just updated files on my Mac, so can't revert. I downloaded the save file from iCloud, still showing ads

3. Duke12

Duke12 Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2013
    Played some more, no ads so far. Fingers crossed.

4. XperimentalZ

Patreon Bronze

Jul 20, 2010
    Montreal, Canada
    I've ran some tests and I had the same behavior. In the first session, I was getting ads but then I hard quit the game session to go through the loading screens again and the premium status was back.

My impression is that the receipt that determines when the game was purchased is well received and the system works but the premium tag only gets activated on the next session after going through the loading screen.

So for those having the issue, I'd just suggest to hard shut the game session (double tap home to go to the background menu) and restart the game.

I hope this helps!

5. Gwarmaxx

Gwarmaxx Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    NCC 1701
    #245 Gwarmaxx, Aug 5, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2016

i have a weird issue, on iCloud option my game progression says 46% Bronze but i've got all Gold trophies (A/B/C races & licenses completed on gold), same thing for download/upload, a bronze rate... and i have not even a bronze in career!

6. XperimentalZ

Patreon Bronze

Jul 20, 2010
    Montreal, Canada
    For the iCloud progression calculation, any trophy obtained counts as a bronze. It kinda counts how many races you have unlocked.

But I think there's a small bug which was introduced by the Masters races and it messes up the calculation when you try to upload/download. One of the calculation takes into account the new Masters races and the other not.

7. Gwarmaxx

Gwarmaxx Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    NCC 1701

yeah right, i've noticed that too: for down/upload i have a prog of 53% on cloud and 46 local.