Universal Pixel Boat Rush (by XperimentalZ Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Oct 8, 2014.

1. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    I got the dreaded go premium. After I won first place in race 2

So the bug has hit me as well.

Billy

2. XperimentalZ

XperimentalZ Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 20, 2010
    XperimentalZ Games Founder
    Montreal, Canada
    All right so we're now officially planning a workaround for the next update. I'll keep you guys informed about it.

If you see a different kind of issue other than 'I've lost my premium status because I had uninstalled the game', please let me know so we can also investigate it (it's not clear if other reports fall in this category or not).

3. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    As a studio I really love you guys. My favorite game is of course don't run with a laser sword. I play that every so often. I like mechanosaur too. But I know you guys care about your players and fans.

Crap happens.

Billy

4. Son of Anarchy

Son of Anarchy Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2015
    Male
    Shadow Runner
    Australia
    I was a day one buyer & I saw Billy was doing a test so I did the same. I can confirm that a fresh download straight from the AppStore to my device doesn't take into account that the game was originally purchased. I saw what anyone who got it for free would see, ads and a prompt to 'go premium'.

I even went as far as shutting off the cash supply to my account then attempting to purchase the 'go premium'. Was met with the msg insufficient funds.

I love the game and I love all the stuff you guys do. Maybe you should've released a seperate version to keep your awesome reputation & customers trust intact. Either way, all the best and I hope you sort out something that works for you. Looking forward to whatever you put out next.

5. XperimentalZ

Patreon Bronze

Jul 20, 2010
    Montreal, Canada
    Doing what we did was perhaps the only way to save the franchise and perhaps even the studio. We usually end up making like 2$/h for the time spent developing our games so we're always on a tight spot.

We're artisans before being businessman, simply pushed by our love for crafting video games and sharing them with players. Consequently, it's important for us to try to address existing issues and that you believe that we're doing our best.

6. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    I wish you guys would make "Don't run with a laser sword 2"

I would buy the shit out of that! Lol

Billy

7. XperimentalZ

Patreon Bronze

Jul 20, 2010
    Montreal, Canada
    Yeah the idea of making a sequel is still floating in the air. It's hard to figure out how it's perceived after all this time, does it still stand out or it's felt as an ordinary runner felt lost in a sea of runners? From a creative point of view, it would be more interesting if we had a twist in order to approach the game from a different angle and we might have some ideas for that. We'll probably have to throw a poll at some point and test the water. There's so many cool games we'd like to make and we currently have one pretty far down in the making process, can't wait to spread the news about it!

8. XperimentalZ

Patreon Bronze

Jul 20, 2010
    Montreal, Canada
    Hey we might have found a way to fix automatically the 'premium status' issue. Since we have to test it in a non-sandbox environment, we submitted a build to test a fix and ask the players who contacted us if the fix works. If it works, we'll roll the fix for everyone in the next update.

Beside that we're making a bunch of tweaks.

- Modified the spawn system in endless mode to make it more exciting when playing with a boat of lower class (it was geared toward end-game)
    - Difficulty progression tweaks: nerfed: Bad Rocks track, license C races, Sticky 1 test, Duel 2 test. Added visual support for braking 1 test, made it clearer early game how the ammo reload mechanic works, added visual support to clarify the use of weapon/gas buttons, removed 'false start' acceleration penalty in license C.

9. XperimentalZ

Patreon Bronze

Jul 20, 2010
    Montreal, Canada
    The update 1.2.4 is now live. I've tested the system we've made which restores the premium status for original buyers and it works on my side. I will contact those who mentioned the trouble in this thread, so they can test the system themselves.

If everything works fine, we'll roll the fix for everyone in the next update. Cheers!

10. XperimentalZ

Patreon Bronze

Jul 20, 2010
    Montreal, Canada
    The tests for premium status recovery look conclusive, it seems like our system will work!

So we'll try to submit a new update next week.

11. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    Definitely worked for me. I played through the race where it would give me the problem and it was smooth sailing.

Pun intended. Nice work my friend. And thank you.

Billy

12. XperimentalZ

Patreon Bronze

Jul 20, 2010
    Montreal, Canada
    The update 1.2.7 is now live!

It should automatically restore the premium status for those who had purchased the game and lost their status through a temporary uninstall.

Cheers!

13. XperimentalZ

Patreon Bronze

Jul 20, 2010
    Montreal, Canada
    We've started to work on the first content update for Pixel Boat Rush in over a year!

16 new 'Master Races' split among the 4 racing classes, 16 new 'Master Boats' with new kinds of weapons.

You can throw in ideas if you're up to it :)

14. XperimentalZ

Patreon Bronze

Jul 20, 2010
    Montreal, Canada
    The big content update will be available this Thursday!

In addition to the new Masters races, replaykit will be added and tutorial/early game progression will smoothed out and reworked.

Most of the new master boats will be mounted with new weapons like the flamethrower, cannon or x-ray. Check them out!

[​IMG]

15. ramzarules

ramzarules Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2014
    Greece
    thank you for updating this! These new boats look very cool, and this is my most played game of its type (tap / release in waves)

16. XperimentalZ

Patreon Bronze

Jul 20, 2010
    Montreal, Canada
    The update is now live!

[​IMG]

17. Duke12

Duke12 Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2013
    Just reinstalld and ads. Restore does nothing.

18. XperimentalZ

Patreon Bronze

Jul 20, 2010
    Montreal, Canada
    You mean that you had purchased the premium IAP and restoring it did not remove ads? Or you were an early buyer?

In principle nothing have changed with the monetization system since we've fixed the last known issue. If you help us reproduce the steps, it will be easier for us to understand the problem.

19. sugimulm

sugimulm Well-Known Member

Bought the paid version, tried restoring and no luck, still got ads

20. Duke12

Duke12 Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2013
    Early buyer