Universal Pirates Outlaws (by Fabled Game)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by NyxTowa, Mar 6, 2019.

1. SuperSpooky

SuperSpooky Member

Dec 27, 2018
    Male
    It’s a great game, it’s got everything you could want from something like this, for a buck you’re getting a really good albeit grindy game.

That being said, when slay the spire comes out of early access and onto ps4 next week, I probably won’t play this much anymore. When it inevitably comes out on iOS I’m gonna lose days.

2. TheProxy

TheProxy Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2009
    Chandler, AZ
    Absolutely play this if you like slay the spire. Exact same appeal. Same level of enjoyment, except this game can be a little annoying with iap and slowish progression. But if u consider the hours you get for the cost its worth helping the devs.

3. Echoseven

Echoseven Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 19, 2011
    The red Skittle
    Who would have thought, given the vitriolic reaction it initially got.

User58394 likes this.
  4. Munaciello78

Munaciello78 Member

May 14, 2019
    Male
    Great game. I love the ambience and the game mechanics.
    On https://fabledgame.com/dev-blog/2019/5/14/about-the-game it says also:

ABOUT EXTRA NEW CONTENTS PLAN
    Additional game contents must be limited for the needs of game balance. There will no more than 3 more potions (hero upgrade) and 1 more extra Package (Especially to avoid more unbalanced game experience).

+3 Hero (Carpenter and Musician not included)

+1 Game Mode (Contain: New Achievements “Trophies”)

+3 Series of Quests (With 3 level of difficulties)

+3 Potions (Upgrade)

+1 Package (Shop)

+3 NEW Chapters (Contain: New Cards, Relics, Enemies, Bosses, Events)

And more achievements, trophies, special events, bosses with unique mechanics…

But what happens to potions already bought?

5. Lull4by

Lull4by Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2014
    That means you could purchase 3 more potions in the future updates, the current potions you owned would not disappear.

6. User58394

User58394 Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    [​IMG]

Will we ever see the pirate with a banana skewer sword again? Maybe as a skin or boss?

7. Schmittie

Schmittie Active Member

May 2, 2019
    Male
    #547 Schmittie, May 17, 2019
    Last edited: May 18, 2019
    That would be a great idea to have this guy as a hero skin. I loved how this guy looks, and definitely want to see him outside the tutorial. Maybe he could be part of a new bossfight.

User58394 likes this.
  8. TheProxy

TheProxy Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2009
    Chandler, AZ
    Anyone else absolutely hate skull island? I dont find this map fun or well balanced at all. Some of the bosses are absolutely obnoxious. I wish I wasn’t near 100% at pirates bay.

Also, deck tips for the non overload achievement on carpenter?

9. User58394

Oct 23, 2011
    I was able to complete skulls island before pirates bay; the bosses just force you to have a deck that can handle a few curses. The only bad part I find is having to face the twins.

I found having less multi-hit/aoe cards and more defense to be helpful. You can still go above 5 stacks if you end the fight before then. I found it to be one of the most difficult achievements.

TheProxy likes this.
  10. Schmittie

Schmittie Active Member

May 2, 2019
    Male
    I found that if I want a fun but challenging game, I would use the Curse Captain in Skull Island. The amount of curses that you can end up with just makes you extremely OP. I personally find Soul Rift to be much more difficult.
    Also, for the no overload achievement, it will take some time but skill cards that do damage are essential, as they don't add to your Focus. And as J6U said before me, avoid multi hit cards and get a decent amount of shield cards. Also, having attack cards that do more damage is really good, since then you don't need to use as many of them to finish the battle.

11. kitkeat

kitkeat Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2011
    Update is live for iOS. Musician turns out to be fairly complex hero. Interesting

12. Lull4by

Lull4by Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2014
    #552 Lull4by, May 22, 2019
    Last edited: May 22, 2019
    Finally I could enjoy the game with my iPad and iPhone, I would like to try Musician if I earned enough money.

BTW the new package “Toast” is a big buff to the “Drunk” status, it seems not worth to get drunk if you don’t get “Aim” first, it is good to see the developer buff it through the package.

Hope the status “Weak” could get some buff next time, IMO it is still underpowered since Dodge is better than Weak most of the times.

13. Magicass

Magicass Member

Apr 22, 2019
    upload_2019-5-22_13-39-7.png
    Need to think a lot. The order of using cards is very important, and the strategy of picking cards is quite different from other character.

14. Schmittie

Schmittie Active Member

May 2, 2019
    Male
    So since I've gotten pretty deep into the game, I thought it would be good to create a sort of tips and tricks sheet for all the bosses to help people out, especially newcomers. My plan is to make that, publish it here, and make revisions based on other people's suggestions and alternate strategies. I already have a handful of boss tips done, so hopefully I can publish it soon. I'll show an example of what they look like so far, but I'll put a spoiler warning in case people want to figure out their own strategies. Let me know if there's anything I should add to this idea.
    394C90DE-7FF2-40C8-9F84-B4D4CC7544AF.jpeg

15. yeah yeah

yeah yeah Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2009
    I suck at this game

16. User58394

Oct 23, 2011
    Does anyone notice that Shooter has a different stance when he has the issue order effect? This is new right?

17. Anoik

Anoik Member

Jan 30, 2018
    Like the pirate with the cannon, now he puts It on his shoulder only in the turn he will shoot.

Munaciello78 likes this.
  18. kitkeat

kitkeat Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2011
    Yeah. I like the subtle improvements!

Fabled - Game Producer and Anoik like this.
  19. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Still playing this and enjoying it but at the minute thanks to posts on the forums I’m enjoying Notfm even more as I never found it when it released it seems.

Just wondering if anyone can resurrect it’s thread for me as I can’t seem to find it and would like to read it.

20. Talbs

Talbs Well-Known Member

May 1, 2011
    Your wish is my command

ste86uk likes this.