Universal Pirates Bay - Need HELP!!

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by antony.thai, Apr 11, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stephenk

stephenk Well-Known Member

May 11, 2015
    @vectorarchitekt It will give you more 5 draws so you can complete level if you are close to finish it.

@fabianb @tracysmith We actually thought about this once when we made the mini boss. But it seems like our tuning on them is not enough.I noted it down already.Maybe we can reduce the number of spin time when the Mage flip and spin the card.
    I'd like to see you guys idea on this @tracysmith , feel free to suggest :).

2. fabianb

fabianb Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Well I think you have two options.

One is to reduce the amount of times that the miniboss shows up. So he only shows up once in 5 turns.

Or that you only animate the miniboss and that the changed cards are changed immediately. So you don't have to wait before the cards are flipped. This way you can play immediately and you don't have to wait till the animation ends. The miniboss can still show up in the background, you just don't need to wait till he's gone.

3. stephenk

May 11, 2015
    @fabianb hmm I'll consider this.I'll have a talk with team about this. Btw what is your progress ? Have you reach to second map yet ?

4. fabianb

Nov 1, 2014
    I can't beat octoper. Played 2 games against him but it seems impossible? First game I got 40% off his health and the second game I only got 20% off his health. ?

5. Jayg2015

Jayg2015 Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2015
    Male
    Player 1
    Liberty city
    Another thing I forgot to mention .
    I really like the difficulty curve.
    At first I thought I was just going to fly through the game but after the first 5-8 levels you start to see it get just a little more difficult and so on but not to where it's impossible in which u have to pay to win .
    I think u guys hit the nail
    On the head before it went to beta.
    I can tell so much hardwork and dedication went into it.
    Also the powerups are icing on the cake, perfect

6. stephenk

May 11, 2015
    @fabianb It's the same with my first time fightin' with Octoper :).Take your time ! I'd like to share my Secret Exp when playing Pirates Bay, that you not only tap the draw button but also Hold it.Holding draw button somehow will give you the good hand if at that time you had half of winning hands, like you lock one pair 5-5 with another card ( mean now you locked 3 cards), holding wheel will grant you a chance to have a 2 pair winning hand :). Hope it helps you ! If it still doesnt help you,you can try to use our power-ups !:D

@Jayg2015 Thanks for kind words :).I appreciate it.We did put most of time tuning the difficulty to hope users will get the best playin exp.

7. vectorarchitekt

vectorarchitekt Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2013
    I am definitely going to try out holding the button if that helps! That situation happens a lot.

8. fabianb

Nov 1, 2014
    I did use the 'holding the draw button' once before, but I had no clue what it meant or what it did. Honestly I still have no idea what it does exactly. Did I miss this in the tutorial? Otherwise it may be a good thing to implement into the tutorial.

9. stephenk

May 11, 2015
    It's worth some cases but not all the time,you know. The ratio is small but just try your luck !:D

10. stephenk

May 11, 2015
    As I said above it can help you sometimes. That is a hidden feature that we hope users could find it down while they playing.So you did not miss the tutorial!:cool:

11. fabianb

Nov 1, 2014
    I think that secret is a bit too secret haha. Well finding it is not that hard, just holding the draw button. But there is no way to know what it exactly does.

12. stephenk

May 11, 2015
    Yea it's useless if you use it while locking unrelated cards.Like if I locked 3 and 5, holding at this time wouldnt work.But if I got something like ace 2 3 4 locked, holding at this moment would grant you more luck to have a Straight.:cool:. Warning : Not 100% all the time.

13. vectorarchitekt

Dec 29, 2013
    #53 vectorarchitekt, Apr 21, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2016
    How is the game coming along?
    I am not able to progress any more no matter how hard I try because almost every compass card I try and match gets passed over if it is in a pair under 10. There are just not enough turns. Not sure if this is the case in later levels but maybe you could make it so that even if you don't reach each goal, but you score some big hands and get a high score you are able to still "win" and move on?

Also, I did notice a few times a level said that the reward for winning is a joker and after I completed it nothing happened. Just thought you should know in case that's a bug?

14. stephenk

May 11, 2015
    #54 stephenk, Apr 21, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2016
    We've worked on bugs and done many tests.In normal levels, the maximum rule is just "8 or Better", it means you only score when match the One Pair which is greater than 8 ( But if it's case of Two Pair or higher,you can match like a Two Pair : 22 33, it'll still be the winning hand).The rule "X or Better" is for One Pair.And in our design, there's a few levels which have "10 or Better" rule, so I think this is a huge problem.
    I'd like to say objective in each lv is the only one thing we have to pass :D.But I will discuss your suggestion with the Dev Team.
    We are working on the bug that user wont get the reward for winning at some levels :).
    Have you reach to the second map ? @vectorarchitekt

15. vectorarchitekt

Dec 29, 2013
    Thank you - I'm still on the secret way near the Octoper. I just can't get enough compass hands.
    I see what you're saying about the "or better" rule, I may have gone past that too quickly in the tutorial.
    What about if you add some kind of "arcade" mode where you try and get the highest score possible without any of the special goals? Like a "quick game" mode besides the levels.thet would also increase replayability after you beat them all.

16. stephenk

May 11, 2015
    You're welcome mate. I'll consider this mode. But you know we hope that we could update the level as fast as the users playing speed :D, make sure you never get bored cuz of lacking levels.
    In case you suffered alot from these Secret Ways, you may take a look at power-ups and Holding Wheel Feature (this one I mentioned some posts above ) that I think it would help you.Do not hestitate to use the power-ups :D,it's not hard to find some. Good luck to you ! I promised that the reward at the end of the Secret is worth your effort !:cool:

17. rogerchiu

rogerchiu Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2010
    Assistant Manager
    Hong Kong
    Finished all levels in the first world. It requests to purchase or ask friend to help. It is beta and without friend. Do we need to purchase to go into the second world?

Some feedback had been send by PM before. After enter the second world, maybe more can test.

18. vectorarchitekt

Dec 29, 2013
    How is the release version coming along?

19. stephenk

May 11, 2015
    Hi @vectorarchitekt We submited the release version. It will be on store soon !! :)

20. Jamie84303

Jamie84303 Active Member

Oct 15, 2014
    Hello, I am not sure if I'm in the right place? Is this the only thread here for Pirates Bay? Where's Andre? Tia.