Universal Pirates Bay™ (by .Com)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by antony.thai, May 25, 2016.

1. woogoat

woogoat Active Member

Sep 3, 2013
    Had a lot of fun til level 15. Facebook or money (which isn't clear what I'd get) didn't feel good to me. I'll likely keep an eye out if unlocks change, it really does seem well made.

2. stephenk

stephenk Well-Known Member

May 11, 2015
    It would be more fun if you played it with your friends that's why we go with Facebook unlock system :) .iAP unlock option here is just an extra.

3. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    How about just making IAP unlock the full game with all the maps and remove the energy? That way you would make money off the people that don't want to use FB. Right now people are just giving up once they see that they have to keep paying or attach social media. And lots of people don't even have people on FB to play with.

4. stephenk

May 11, 2015
    This is a good idea for premium users.Thanks for it :) We will have it in our talk for next update.But from my point of view, if you keep playing without break-time session, it would hurt your feeling while playing sooner or after.This why we're confident choosing Facebook option.The fun would be getting more and more if we share it with your friends, we believe in this.For players who have no friend on Facebook, you guys can visit our Fanpage here to make new friend on Facebook and try to ask them for help. Offical Pirates Bay Fanpage

5. limmyfox

limmyfox Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2011
    Well I stopped playing once I saw fb was required and you need to constantly pay to unlock. Irregardless of how nice this game is, there are plenty more in the sea which doesn't ransom you for progress. But then again i might be the minority.

6. woogoat

woogoat Active Member

Sep 3, 2013
    What would adding my friends do to increase the fun? Maybe I'm missing something but right now that just feels like a forced social marketing technique. Normally I would just pay to avoid that but it's still not clear how much it costs to unlock all the maps (as well as future expansions).

7. stephenk

May 11, 2015
    Thanks for support. We're been doing the next update with new world,new Boss,new content to make sure what your paid worthy.We understand your feeling here but with Facebook login you can invite friends to help you unlock next world for free and backup your progress too !

8. toddfsu

toddfsu Well-Known Member

Mar 17, 2010
    Pay to unlock all gates or 3 stars each level for unlock. I don't have friends who play these games.

9. woogoat

woogoat Active Member

Sep 3, 2013
    I'm afraid it's just not the model for me. Congrats again on a great game and I wish you all success.

10. imdakine1

imdakine1 Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2011
    The game is fun and well made but I agree with having a premium option. Possibly a hybrid pricing model allowing those who are willing to go down the FB path but also a premium model for those that would prefer to just buy the game outright? Not sure if that would be possible?

11. Lexyflexy555

Lexyflexy555 Member

Apr 18, 2016
    There's nothing fun about bugging my friends to play games actually - and I find it just as annoying when they spam their game stuff with me. And I can decide for myself how long to play thanks.

12. stephenk

May 11, 2015
    I understand your suggestion.I will talk this to the team,make sure they have a talk on this :).

13. imdakine1

Aug 23, 2011
    Thanks! It just might allow you to cater to multiple audiences and be a win win for you and your fans!

14. antony.thai

antony.thai Well-Known Member

Good news!

After a walk of the PB's producer today, I can confirm that there will be a big change in the way maps are unlocking. They will be submitting the version tomorrow. Great news for me too! :D:D

15. woogoat

woogoat Active Member

Sep 3, 2013
    Grats on the change and thanks for being active in the community. Looking forward to checking it out.

16. imdakine1

Aug 23, 2011
    Sounds great. Looking forward to hearing about the change and glad you've been able to work with them with the potential change.

17. antony.thai

antony.thai Well-Known Member

The update is out now!

The quick update is available! Sorry for not being so quick in fact!

We're adding a new map, next update is planned for 1 week and a half.

Stay tuned!

18. Jamie84303

Jamie84303 Active Member

Oct 15, 2014
    Hey, Just dropped in to say, "Thanks!" For adding an alternative way to unlock maps without Facebook Connect. I just updated and tweeted all about it. Can I ask how long the world unlock timer is typically? Mine was at 00:00:00:00 :)

19. uti4

uti4 Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2016
    Male
    Localization & ASO
    still doesn't work for me

the problem persisted (after the update mentioned in the previous thread). Loading takes aaages! and the game crashes after loading screen.

I own iphone 4S

20. stephenk

May 11, 2015
    Each world has a certain timer like first world need 24 hours.If the timer at 00:00, you can press Unlock button to unlock to new world !
    :( I feel bad for this. Our technical team still work on it to make sure everyone can enjoy Pirates Bay !