Universal Pirate Power (By Godzilab)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Jun 30, 2015.

1. NOEN

NOEN Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2012
    U.S.
    Lol, I have the exact same strategy.

Still loving this game. I find myself going back to it several times a day. I still say that the game needs more decorations for your island. It just seems so bare at the moment. It would be nice to add random stuff like in Happy Street. Other than that, great game!!

2. kenken11

kenken11 Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2012
    Wow here comes the rank 1 guy. I am currently ranked 5 and still stuck at the 2nd ship. Any advices on how to clear the map to unlock the 3rd ship? Thanks in advance.

3. vitalicboi

vitalicboi Well-Known Member

Mar 25, 2014
    Focus on upgrades where your coins are concerned, as for battles, focus on medals, you will want to upgrade your crew. You need you improve your ships rating in order to clear more maps.

4. vitalicboi

Mar 25, 2014
    I made a recommendation for painting ships, and customizing ship flags. So hopefully that will be added.

5. moleki

moleki Well-Known Member
    Patreon Gold

May 22, 2009
    We have some customization goodness ready for the next update
    [​IMG]

6. kenken11

Sep 29, 2012
    #46 kenken11, Jul 3, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2015
    Awesome, awaiting the new update. Too addicted to the game already.

But first, you may wish to look into the frequent crashes. I am using a iPhone 6 plus so my phone should be more thn enough for the game but still experiencing many crashes. :(

7. vitalicboi

Mar 25, 2014
    I am running on iPhone 6+ as well, and I have the same issue. Can't wait for some updates and bug fixes.

8. moleki

moleki Well-Known Member
    Patreon Gold

May 22, 2009
    We fixed a few crashes already, hopefully we can submit a new update next week.

Is there any that is frequent and that you can reproduce, I'll make sure those are fixed.

9. NOEN

NOEN Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2012
    U.S.
    I've only had one crash so far and that was in the crafting menu. It hasn't happened since.

Did the questioner yesterday. Only thing I mentioned was to have more options for decorating your island and boat.

10. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    I'll have time for more feedback later on but my main issues with crashes or errors are with crusades still. I can do the first battle then every time the next two battles don't work and say error then say I won and let me open the first silver chest and that's it. Never lets me do those battles or fight on further and that's with my ship at full health.

11. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    Overall game wise though I'm sadly disappointed, I want to love the game but firstly I hate the energy timer the refills are very long and I hate it when a game limits how much you can play. Your limiting how much people can enjoy the game, who pays for refills? Idiots that's who, it's a poor method to try and make money when there are so many other options.

I like the ships and crew and many bits with the game but also dislike having multiple islands to collect gold from, firstly they produce very little gold anyway and the price to upgrade them often isn't worth it as it'll take forever to make your investment back as many are a slight income increase.

I thought the game would have more Happy Street in it, like a Happy Street 2 but with the added bonus of the pirate ships and battles but sadly it's just battles and a building or two from happy street, which are pretty poor....oh and the battles are limited so you can't play much too? So I rarely open it, maybe occasionally for 5 minutes to burn my energy then back to find something else to do even though I want to play more.

12. vitalicboi

Mar 25, 2014
    For me its way too random to know what the issue is.

13. vitalicboi

Mar 25, 2014
    #53 vitalicboi, Jul 4, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2015
    Yea, the timers are a bit over the top. I really don't get to enjoy the game as often as I would like to.

My recommendations would be to...

1. Cut Battle Energy and Arena Ticket waiting times in half. Those timers are way too long.

2. Add features that do not require Battle Energy. I'm hopping this will come in the form of customization, or new quests.

3. Add Tailor Shop for creating outfits for crew members. Paint shop for painting ships new colours. Dye shops for creating new flags for ships.

4. Create a Shipping Yard, for importing and exporting goods. It could give us the option to trade some goods that are useless, for other goods that may be more useful but at a cost. You will get less or more, depending on the rarity of the item being traded.

5. Add mini games like in the original Happy Street game, where you can spin the wheel, etc to get a chance reward.

6. Holiday events that when participated in will reward you with Holiday themed items (Flags, Outfits, Crew Members, Etc).

7. I would like to see the ability to purchase Arena Tickets with Flooz to be removed. I don't mind that you can get Battle Energy with the Flooz, but if you allow other players to purchase Arena Tickets, you are giving paying players a much bigger advantage. It makes it very unlikely for other players to win great prizes. The Arena should be where everyone has a fair shot at winning.

8. I had an idea for a new feature. when in battle their could be a limited chance of possibly finding a rare piece of a treasure map. After finding a certain amount of pieces you can use the map to find a rare item, it could be a ship part, material, etc.

9. I think it would be nice to have a little farm on our island. You can buy chickens, cows, etc. By investing in those animals, you are able to sell their byproducts for extra gold. Chickens could lays eggs, cows could make milk, etc.

10. I also would like Game Center integration. So I can add friends.

11. One feature that bothers me is how you get the same rewards for the easier levels as you get for the harder levels. I think that should be changed. If I beat a much harder level, I would like to be compensated fairly. Normal should have small payout, hard should have average, and hell should come with a great payout of rewards.

These are just a few ideas I think would be great to add. Many of which come from the original Happy Street game I am sure. Obviously, some people might not like some of the ideas, but I'm just coming up with ideas that could add features that could help us keep busy while waiting for our energy and tickets to fill back up.

14. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    I also have to add that many times now I've watched a video ad and not been given energy for doing so....very irritating as I don't watch them for fun.

15. kenken11

Sep 29, 2012
    There are instances when entering a stage with 0 timer and after viewing the advertisement for the free timer and clicking the same stage will get the game crashed. After relogging in the timer is gone.

There are also instances when after lvling up, entering a stage will get the game crashed and the free 5 timers for lvling is gone after relogin.

16. Montanx

Montanx Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2012
    San Diego
    How does this game compare to Dragon Blaze wich I'm hopelessly addicted to?

17. vitalicboi

Mar 25, 2014
    I haven't played Dragon Blaze but I can tell you that this game is really fun and challenging. Its new so not very much to do yet, but they already hope to have an update with new feature added by next week if we are lucky :D

18. vitalicboi

Mar 25, 2014
    #58 vitalicboi, Jul 5, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2015
    So for those of you who haven't had the chance to learn how to get booster. It's very easy. You add another player through Facebook or Game Center, and then those players will appear on the map every now and then. When you click those players, you will be able to repair theirs ship parts. Repairing their ships parts will give you a booster per part.

If anyone wants to add me to their game centre, go ahead. My username is ~Wolfblood~

19. kenken11

Sep 29, 2012
    Didn't know abt the booster. Just added you.

Anyone who wanna add me: FanAngeL~

20. moleki

moleki Well-Known Member
    Patreon Gold

May 22, 2009
    Energy is actually quite controversial in games and I had doubts about it as well. But there are several good game design articles about it but I would orient you towards this great talk from Luke Muscat from Halfbrick (Fruit Ninja, Jetpack Joyride) at GDC which resumes it well. Monetization is part of it but not the main aspect, the main thing is it actually about increasing retention, which is definitely surprising.

You can check it out here at 40mins.
    http://www.gdcvault.com/play/1022184/Overcoming-Analysis-Paralysis-Experimenting-with