Universal Pirate Power (By Godzilab)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Jun 30, 2015.

1. kenken11

kenken11 Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2012
    Hi dev, if the IAP is to increase the max timers, more people will buy it. The VIP model that give 5 extra tickets currently is pretty useless.

2. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    I agree with above post, also my conquest messed up again. Let me do the first fight, the next two wouldn't work kept saying connection error like last time. Let's me open the silver chest still and then freezes so I can't do anything.

3. NOEN

NOEN Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2012
    U.S.
    Yea. Mine did that too. I gotta wait and see what happens in another 20 hours or so. This is what soft launches are for though.

4. kenken11

Sep 29, 2012
    The last stage to unlock the 3rd ship is hard haha. Damn! Was trying a few time already :(

5. Wicked8146

Wicked8146 Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Nov 17, 2009
    Dinosaur hunter
    Los Angeles
    I played this game a ton yesterday. I really like it. I like upgrading your ships and adding new parts. I like exploring and the battling system. Fantastic job Godzilab!

6. moleki

moleki Well-Known Member
    Patreon Gold

May 22, 2009
    Which encounter exactly is hard?

7. kenken11

Sep 29, 2012
    Hi dev, The twins stage 5 normal. :(

Btw, plz include IAP to increase maximum timers. Totally love the game and would love to play more :)

Also, just to check, the soft launch data won't be wipe right?

8. Saucepolicy

Saucepolicy Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Feb 18, 2009
    Crispy ex-game developer
    Don't hold your breath. One-time IAP purchases that take away F2P components break those systems. F2P games subsidize all the free players through a tiny portion of repeat spenders who refill those timers when they're impatient.

The most common response I hear from gamers is "isn't 2 dollars from me better than none?" but that's not how it works. The repeat spenders would instead buy that IAP you mentioned, but then stop. Meanwhile the free players still don't spend. Contrary to your belief, the data shows that permanent increases don't convert enough free players to make up the shortfall.

You have to design a game from the ground up to be premium (or free with a one time purchase to unlock the rest of the content) or F2P. Designers can't have it both ways and the AppStore is littered with the wreckage of games that have tried.

9. moleki

moleki Well-Known Member
    Patreon Gold

May 22, 2009
    You are quite far already, what is your game center alias?

That's right, all data will be kept.

10. HallmarkCard

HallmarkCard Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2015
    Very well said

11. BlueForce

BlueForce Active Member

May 11, 2009
    Gamer
    Canada
    Can you send out more than 1 ship at a time in battle?
    Or is it always 1 ship to attack??

Thanks!!

12. kenken11

Sep 29, 2012
    #32 kenken11, Jul 2, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 3, 2015
    My Game Center alias is Fan. Freebies? Haha

Still pretty clueless on how to get pass that stage, can any of the top 3 users who unlock those ships advice?

And some feedbacks to the dev. There are some instances when I get into a crusade, stage or even arena and the game just crashed. When I get back into the game, the tickets were used. I feel particular sad for crusade as I need wait another 24hrs.

Also, is it possible to include a replay for the conversation logs for each stages. I find it humorous and would like to see it again. Probably u can setup a story log to just replay those conversation.

As for IAP, I do have some suggestions. Extending the max timers is 1. 2, include IAP costumes so they look different even though it's the same character. I will spend on some awesome costume to customize each characters :)

Really a addictive game, I log in to game every 2hrs now. :)

13. bastband

bastband Well-Known Member

May 14, 2010
    England
    I have looked through these posts, but cannot see an answer to this.
    Why is it in Marketopia, that I keep getting the same quest rescuing exotic fish?
    Am I missing something?

14. Saucepolicy

Saucepolicy Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Feb 18, 2009
    Crispy ex-game developer
    Anyone have tips for the Arena? So far it seems to be a pure numbers game- If my strength is lower than the opponent's, I will lose no matter how I try to strategize with special attacks. If I go after the deck weapons, his crew members chip away my health. If I go for direct damage, his deck weapons deal more DPS than I can. It's always close, but I have yet to win a match and the matchmaking always pairs me with more powerful ships.

15. Xexist

Xexist Well-Known Member

May 6, 2010
    Canada
    best characters to use?

16. moleki

moleki Well-Known Member
    Patreon Gold

May 22, 2009
    You can only send 1 boat to the regular battles and arenas. Only in the crusades, the boats stack up and once a boat dies the next one comes into play.

17. moleki

moleki Well-Known Member
    Patreon Gold

May 22, 2009
    This is a bug which will be fixed in the next update

18. moleki

moleki Well-Known Member
    Patreon Gold

May 22, 2009
    It really depends on the opponent, if his boat power is a lot higher then you have to make sure you have an advantage with the elements (pirate are weak to lightning, navarre are weak to explosive and dandolos are weak to arrows). You can also add boosters to your boats that you can collect helping your friends. Otherwise if he seems too strong, find a new opponent using the refresh button.

19. kenken11

Sep 29, 2012
    I have been winning against stronger opponents, I just keep destroying their sail and focus on aiming their deck only. I always ignore their shield and cannon :)

20. vitalicboi

vitalicboi Well-Known Member

Mar 25, 2014
    My in game alias is WolfBlood. I am currently the top arena player. If you want to know my strategy it's very simple. I aim for the canons and then take out the front shield. When the shield is taken out. I target the complete front of the ship which is a weak spot. You don't have to worry about the cannons or mast because you always hit the ships hull when aiming for the front. The characters I currently use are the axe guy, arrow girl, and healer. Healer make it more difficult for my weapons to be destroyed plus she heals significant ship damage in case it's needed, other 2 are high in both auto attacks and specials (especially the specials).