iPhone PipeLand HD

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by magnumpi, Jul 19, 2012.

1. magnumpi

magnumpi Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2012
    #1 magnumpi, Jul 19, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2012
    Hey Everyone,

PipeLand is our first game and finally we released HD version which supports iPhone and iPad too. PipeLand is a nextgen pipe game with many new features (see the list of key features below) and highly detailed graphics.

iTunes: Available on the App Store: $1.99

!!! The game requres iPhone 4 or iPad 2 at least !!! The game is not stable on older devices so please don't dowload this verseion (HD) for iPhone 3/3GS or iPad 1. For older devices please download the normal version of the game.

Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pLalbBVFR1k

Key Features:
    • Innovative gameplay: Power-ups, Pipe shapes, Unique bonus system, Pipe upgrades, Pipe shop (not IAP), Realistic pressure calculation and more.
    • Highly detailed graphics and animated environment! (3D looking)
    • 5 completely different environments: Field, Desert, Arctic, Urban, and Research Center
    • 4 types of liquids: Water, Oil, Petrol and Sewage - Free combination with any of the environments!
    • 4 game modes: Campaign, Survival, Quick Game, Custom Game
    • 72 campaign levels
    • More than 90 achievements

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. rzk1zeilter

rzk1zeilter New Member

Jul 19, 2012
    PipeLand HD

Love to play this game. I have seen the screen shots and it looks really entertaining and adventurous.

3. quebecotr

quebecotr Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2010
    Teacher
    Milwaukee, WI
    I'd love to try this game, but two of the three reviews on the iTunes store mention that the game crashes constantly. Has anyone tried it to see how it is on the iPad next gen ? I'd hate to plunk down the money for such a cool-looking game, but find myself unable to play it and disappointed.

Thanks for any input !

4. The graphics look nice, can't recall seeing a 3d Aqueduct game.

5. HLW

HLW Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2010
    UK
    The iPhone version is quite a nice looking pipe game, I don't think I'll be paying again to get it on iPad though.

6. magnumpi

Feb 26, 2012
    They downloaded for iPad 1 (they sent us emails too about the problem). As we highlighted in the description it requires at least iPad 2 or iPhone 4. Unfortunately we can prevent the users to download the game for an unsupported device :(.

7. HLW

HLW Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2010
    UK
    If you add a requirement to the app for a front facing camera, it will stop people with unsupported devices downloading the game (iPhone 3G, 3GS, iPad 1 don't have a front camera). I've seen some developers do this in the past, I assume Apple allow it.

I haven't had this crash on my iPad 2 or my iPhone 4. The graphics are great, it's nice to see a pipe game with such detailed backgrounds (which have little animated bits eg birds flying, pipes swinging), the water in the pipes looks good too.

Here's the link to the thread for the non-HD version, which people posted impressions in, the gameplay on both games is the same, but the HD one is a lot better looking: http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=123934

8. magnumpi

Feb 26, 2012
    Thanks, we will try it.

9. quebecotr

quebecotr Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2010
    Teacher
    Milwaukee, WI
    Thanks for your answer, magnumpi ! I'll definitely give your game a try; I'm intrigued by the 3-D spin on pipe games.

Good luck with sales !

10. magnumpi

Feb 26, 2012
  11. pka4916

pka4916 Well-Known Member

Jun 6, 2009
    Developer
    Wisconsin
    I was hoping that I could take my time to lay down the pipes... but nope.
    the water is coming out after 1 or 2 minutes.
    other than that, the game looks nice.

12. HLW

HLW Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2010
    UK
    You can pause the game and still view/scroll the level. You can't place pipe when it's paused, but you can plan your moves.

13. magnumpi

Feb 26, 2012
    Yes, actualy this is the point of the game :). We are old fashion guys and we still think that a game should challenge you :D.

However you can turn the easy mode on in the campaign menu any time. The water will flow 2 times slower so the game will be much easier. Also I recommend you to watch this tutorial video.

PipeLand - Training: Basics

We will create more gameplay/tutorial videos.

14. Daniel Jones

Daniel Jones Active Member

Jun 27, 2012
    Nice puzzle

Seems a quite nice puzzle game, with a lot of levels to pass time.

15. magnumpi

Feb 26, 2012
    Thank You

16. thomasmile

thomasmile Member

Feb 27, 2012
    Finaly. I have been waiting for this so long.

This is my favorite pipe game.

17. bastband

bastband Well-Known Member

May 14, 2010
    England
    Looks like there may be 2 or 3 shill posts here.

18. HLW

HLW Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2010
    UK
    The second post in this thread looks like a spammer, given the links in the signature, and the fact the post is completely unrelated to the game ("adventurous"? For a pipe game?).

The poster just above you does have a low post count, but that doesn't mean anything - look at his first post, a dev making fake posts about their game wouldn't start with commenting that it doesn't have an iPad version.

And I'm not sure which the third post you are referring to is.

19. magnumpi

Feb 26, 2012
    Price Drop, it is only $2!!!

Price Drop, it is only $1.99!!!

20. superninja

superninja Member

Aug 6, 2012
    How could I miss that?