Universal PinOut! (by Mediocre AB)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Red1, Sep 30, 2016.

1. BeefJerky

BeefJerky Well-Known Member

Jun 4, 2009
    I love Mediocre's Commute and Smash Hit and I also love pinball games so this should be a real treat. And it looks absolutely gorgeous. I want to live inside this game.

But like Inks before it, I'm not actually finding it fun. It's like something is missing in the game mechanic here.

2. ColeDaddy

ColeDaddy Silver Supporter<br>Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Mar 20, 2010
    Male
    Sojourner
    Washington D.C.
    #22 ColeDaddy, Oct 27, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2016
    I feel like I'm in the Stranger Things universe with 11 shoulder-surfing me as I play. Great game!

3. Mrwubbs

Mrwubbs Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2012
    Dang it ended so quick.

4. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    How many sections are there?

5. Gotters

Gotters Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2016
    Wanted to like this as its an interesting idea but the 1 thing a pinball game needs to nail is ball physics, and these are really sub par, the ball noticably slows down near your bumpers to enable you to make the shot, making the game feel a bit odd to play

6. Mrwubbs

Feb 19, 2012
    I agree with this. The ball should move faster.

7. Mrwubbs

Feb 19, 2012
    There appears to be 7.

8. Mrwubbs

Feb 19, 2012
    This game is definitely fun and worth premium, I just hope the ball physics improve. Also it needs some more content, hopefully sooner than later. Please support it so this hopefully happens! I just went back to smash hit and saw all the new content it has. I hope this gets the same treatment!

9. Mrwubbs

Feb 19, 2012
    It's very frustrating when the ball gets stuck on something, or stops in a ramp and takes forever to come back, wasting precious time. This gives me an idea for a power up. (If this is already in the game, I have not seen it yet) what if there was a way to earn nudges? Like when you hit the power up circle it says you can nudge the table by shaking the device for a limited time, or it gives you a consumable amount of times you can use it? What do you think?

10. I'm confused. I haven't bought the checkpoints yet because it seems to me like it will just mean I'd finish the game a lot faster? If the whole idea is to get as far as possible with a time constraint, don't the checkpoints ruin that? Or is it scored differently if you start from a checkpoint?

11. Mrwubbs

Feb 19, 2012
    When you start at the checkpoint, you have the same amount of seconds as well as distance you had when you first got there. This gives you another chance to perfect your shots and get further. Starting from the beginning, or an earlier checkpoint gives you another chance at improving your time and having more left over. You are not scored differently.

12. Oh interesting. They should maybe explain that in the description. It's confusing because the checkpoint seems to stay there even if I don't use it?

So it's still, at its core, a high-score chaser even with the checkpoints? Does it save your best time at a checkpoint so you can keep going back to it?

13. eobet

eobet Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2009
    This is the review I left in the App Store:

"I actually gave this game four stars just for the wonderful graphics and music, but the gameplay is so terrible that it alone gives negative one star. It feels nothing like pinball. It's like a car game where someone else is pulling your steering wheel and stepping on the brake all the time. And their previous game, Smash Hit felt great! Not sure what happened here."

...such a shame. I was looking forward to this. :(

14. Mrwubbs

Feb 19, 2012
    It seems that way.

15. JCman7

JCman7 Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2009
    Mechanical Engineering
    NY
    2387 is my furtherest so far not using checkpoints. As a pinball fan I'm loving this game!!

16. Mrwubbs

Feb 19, 2012
    Jeez that's a great score. Is there any way to earn time in overtime mode?

17. ac166

ac166 Well-Known Member

May 15, 2014
    I sorta agree... it doesn't feel much like pinball physics... but it's still great fun :)

18. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    This game is not meant to be a hardcore pinball physics game. Atleast that's not how I take the game.

I'm a huge pinball fan myself and I love true pinball physics but for what this game is and for what it does I love it. Have you guys hit the mini games???

Maybe we can get the devs to visit this thread and add another mode with true pinball physics.

Billy

19. rIcHrAnDoM

rIcHrAnDoM Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    You can pretty much count on added content with these Devs. Depending of course on the success of the game. I really like it and instantly paid the $2 to enable checkpoints. It's nice to pay a one time fee for an added benefit instead of paying to disable an annoyance as many other games require.

20. preshing

preshing Member
    Patreon Silver

Oct 27, 2016
    Nice game! 6469, no checkpoints :) I'm about to buy, they earned a sale.

One thing about the physics: When you hit the ball, its direction isn't always what you might expect on a real table, but it does depend on its position on the flipper when you hit it. Like Arkanoid or Pong. Once you get used to it, it's easier to control.

Attached Files: