Universal Pinball Crystal Caliburn II by LittleWing (Universal)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Gabrien, Jul 19, 2012.

1. your personal robot

your personal robot Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2008
    nonverbalist
    Berlin
    A great example of where a still camera is working for me is Last Gladiator. Still camera + landscape mode. Works perfectly. They just did the angle right. Physics are good too and - and to me that is simply important - the tables are extremely exciting and entertaining. Lots of stuff to explore. My thing...

2. jeffy777

jeffy777 Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2010
    #42 jeffy777, Jul 20, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2012
    It's good, but definitely needs more camera options and view angles. I like a fixed view, but I like playing from an angle that's tilted back more. They just need to give us a few different angles like The Pinball Arcade does, so that way everyone will be happy.

I also think the table is a bit too forgiving, with kickbacks on both sides and a really long ball saver (during multiball too). It just makes the games run a bit too long.

The physics are good, but definitely easier than real pinball, which also increases the game length....I find myself getting a bit bored sometimes when the games get too long. It would be nice to have some operator/difficulty settings.

3. Capricornman

Capricornman Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2011
    Yes the more I play it would be nice to have a landscape mode option
    Pinball arcade by Farsight is great because there's more options
    I don't mind the forgiveness of this game because I need all the help I can get!!!!
    Still a great game both visually and physics wise:)

4. medianotzu

medianotzu Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2009
    Some very good point/counterpoint going on in this thread, (always enjoy seeing the passion posters have for their personal favorite pinball app), but seeing these comments has helped me decide to put this on the backburner for now. If I were in need of a new pinball title I'd have picked it up already, but I guess I feel like I'd rather continue to spend my time with Pinball Arcade for now.

5. krautboy

krautboy Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2011
    Before i had an Ipad i would never touch a pinball game with just portrait mode because it's just too cramped for me. After reading all the positive posts here i took the plunge and boy is it good! Landscape mode would still be preferable and i agree with what other people said here about the camera but this one leaves the competition waaay behind. Thank you all for pointing this one out. I totally forgot about tristan because of forementioned reasons so should i get that one too ? I skipped it because of portrait mode only but it seemed fun.

6. geremy

geremy Well-Known Member

May 3, 2010
    I finally got around to picking this up yesterday. I play Pinball Arcade and Zen quite a bit.

At first, I must admit I was a bit disappointed. Couldn't place my finger on it, but it didn't click in the first few games.

I kept at it (not a lot of time, maybe another 4 or 5 games), read some of the in-game material, and now I really really enjoy it. Mind you my total time invested is probably about 40 minutes so far, but it is very nice. It has a different vibe than the other two games, which is cool. On thing that I really appreciate is that it is very QUICK to do basic tasks, like start a game, restart a game, etc. There is no waiting around time. Makes it great for mobile.

I didn't really appreciate the zoom portrait view, and I tried fixed, but I didn't like that at all, even on the ipad. Now I sort of wish the other games would offer the zoom portrait. I think it works pretty well. A landscape view would be great option, but its not absolutely necessary.

7. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    Updated for 64-bit!

8. Misguided

Misguided Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2009
    Updated to 64-bit!