Pinball Breaker Forever (by XperimentalZ Games) Needs Beta Testers!

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by XperimentalZ, Feb 25, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. XperimentalZ

XperimentalZ Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 20, 2010
    XperimentalZ Games Founder
    Montreal, Canada
    #161 XperimentalZ, Apr 25, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2016
    Yeah well we have to monetize one way or another. We show interstitials on load for all our other games and this free-to-play model is usually well accepted (and the premium option is there to satisfy premium users anyway). I also think that it's better for the user experience to show the ad on load rather than interrupt the flow of a game session in the middle. For an average game session, the user will see the ad on load that's it (it takes 3 games to get another ad but usually the players end their session before that).

2. XperimentalZ

Patreon Bronze

Jul 20, 2010
    Montreal, Canada
    It's up to you. We'll leave this subject under surveillance anyway. If you do erase the app again, you'll either be able to use the restore button in extras or click the premium button again, which will roll on restore automatically and anyway, the beta purchases are not 'real', as you know.

Interesting, that's not supposed to happen according to Apple. It should not be possible to restore an IAP obtained during beta after the release (acquired with 'virtual' money). That said, if the dev does not force-flush saved data on transition from beta to release, it should be possible to upgrade to the release version and keep your saved file, unless you erase your game yourself.

3. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    I agree with this. As you stated you are only asking for $2 to make the game completely premium which to me is extremely generous. You by all rights could have made this two purchases but you didn't. My only concern was that a person would see an ad on first load up before even playing. But you said the game doesn't do that so its all good. It's way better to have an ad that doesn't interrupt gameplay.

You guys deserve to make money and be successful with this game. It's damn good. You aren't being greedy. There are no timers. No bs. Just some ads and a full cheap premium purchase.

Billy

4. mj132

mj132 Well-Known Member

Oct 2, 2013
    United Kingdom
    I'll be buying the premium purchase right away to help support you as I've really enjoy this during testing and want to continue playing this awesome game.

5. XperimentalZ

Patreon Bronze

Jul 20, 2010
    Montreal, Canada
    #165 XperimentalZ, Apr 25, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2016
    It always feel great to hear that someone is enjoying one of our creations so thanks!

Just to be clear to everyone, IAP cost nothing when purchased during beta. It's just that you won't be able to restore them post-release. So everyone can try the game in premium mode should they wish to, although it's nice to have feedback about the freemium calibration as well.

6. callmesteam

callmesteam Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2014
    Albuquerque, NM
    Good to know that premium is not undoable in the beta. I'll roll with the free build for now. I also got an ad right away, but it was a single image, not a video.

7. XperimentalZ

Patreon Bronze

Jul 20, 2010
    Montreal, Canada
    Yeah it's normal since it was not your first app load. And indeed it should not have been a video. I think that videos are a bit too much on load, so we set up for flat ads on load but videos can sometimes be displayed after 3-4 games in a single session (those ones can be skipped after a few secs).

8. H4nd0fg0d

H4nd0fg0d Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2010
    Latest update is running and playing beautifully. Lovely game. Good work!

9. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    And BOOM goes the dynamite!

Hit that release button devs! Let's get it on!

Billy

10. martar84

martar84 Member

Apr 20, 2016
    The beta is amazing! I love that I can record my gameplay, so now I can go and upload it on YouTube. Can't wait until this hits the App Store!

11. XperimentalZ

Patreon Bronze

Jul 20, 2010
    Montreal, Canada
    #171 XperimentalZ, Apr 27, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2016
    Thanks!

We're getting there! We're still fixing minor things but we should be done in a few days. The game will launch in May. We'll officially announce the precise day once we get a bit closer to the launch date.

[​IMG]

12. XperimentalZ

Patreon Bronze

Jul 20, 2010
    Montreal, Canada
  13. callmesteam

callmesteam Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2014
    Albuquerque, NM
    Who do we need to bribe to get our pinball podcast logo on a custom ball in the store? *cough*

14. XperimentalZ

Patreon Bronze

Jul 20, 2010
    Montreal, Canada
    Your logo is cool and would make a nice ball design, I think it could be arranged if you email me your file. We'd have to wait for a future update though.

15. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    So I was playing today. I can't wait for the release. I really can't. I'm excited. I had another request perhaps for the first update.

As I requested and you delivered, an XZ custom ball. I love it. Well could you possibly make flippers and sides to go along with the ball? I'd really love that. Work your logo into the design as you did with the ball. It would be kick ass.

Billy

16. XperimentalZ

Patreon Bronze

Jul 20, 2010
    Montreal, Canada
    Yeah that's an idea, we'll check it out when the time comes of submitting new updates.

The game has now passed the review at apple so we're still aiming for the same launch date in May, which we'll announce this week.

17. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    You tease sir! Hehe

I'm glad it passed. I bet you guys are excited over there. Now as soon as you hit the release button get to work on don't run with a plasma sword 2!

Hehe

Billy

18. XperimentalZ

Patreon Bronze

Jul 20, 2010
    Montreal, Canada
    There's always a sense of dread mixed up with excitation before a launch but we're really proud of the end result. We can only hope that the game will live up to expectations.

After a project that needed a considerable effort, we like to bounce back with smaller projects in order to take our breath back. We'll probably mix content updates for various games with a game concept I'd really like to try. But we should get there eventually. Hopefully!

19. Doom

Doom Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2011
    Working for the man
    Northeastern California
    Looking forward to release and showing the world what you have created! Such a great game! Congrats Patrick and team :))

20. bigrand1

bigrand1 Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2010
    Geriatric Party Animal
    California, USA
    I know I'm excited about this one! Love this dev! I helped test DRWAPS and it was just a great time! # Can't wait!! :D