Universal Pinball Arcade - (by FarSight)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Echoseven, Feb 8, 2012.

1. Zevious Zoquis

Zevious Zoquis Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2010
    Canada
    #1581 Zevious Zoquis, Aug 22, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2016
    I think FS does the best they can. The fact is they are stretched too thin. The product would likely be much better if it was PC only. I have a bunch of tables on both iOS and PS3. I find it hugely more enjoyable on PS3. Unfortunately, the new tables are way behind on that system. Ps4 too is behind and also has some major issues. Also, there's problems with most versions of the game dating back to the very first season's tables that have yet to be resolved. The focus is on releasing new tables to keep money coming in (entirely understandable) and that means once tables are out there's very little resources to allow returning to them to fix issues. Overall I still enjoy TPA way more than ZP...the tables are just much more interesting and fun to play afiac. But I really wish they could go back through the seasons and fix all the issues and update all the physics...

2. jabbasoft

jabbasoft Active Member
    Patreon Bronze

Sep 29, 2012
    The Addams Family table is superb. T2 and Star Trek good. But considering the number of coins I poured into a physical table (there are none as far as I can tell left in the SE of UK!!) this is the best I can get - "it's showtime" etc :)

3. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    I bought this game so long ago but never really played it. So I re-downloaded it today.

I tried the T2 table and really like it. I went to purchase it and was given the option to buy a pro table? What's that all about? Should I do that for the extra money? I'm thinking of getting the Star Trek table as well.

Also is there a way to always have the full table visible? I don't see the option anywhere like there is in other pinball games.

Billy

4. Zevious Zoquis

Zevious Zoquis Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2010
    Canada
    The pro tables just give you access to the table dip switch settings (the operators settings) ftmp. I never bother with them.

There is a camera setting that shows the whole playfield. Just cycle through them till you find the one you like...

5. Rudi

Rudi Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2009
    Bug

There is a bug in Eight Ball Deluxe. It dosent save the Deluxe letters. If you leave the game and go back later, the deluxe letters are not saved. The pinball table did it.

6. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    Hey Pinheads!

I see the Stern collection has dropped just a couple of days ago. While there is huge overlap of tables offered and it doesn't look like it will recognize purchases of those tables already made in Pinball Arcade (as they did do somehow in the Steam version), there are at least 3 or more NEW tables.

7. DTK

DTK Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2014
    Marketing
    Berlin Germany
    The ball performance is absolutely terrible! Expensive tables, and no fun on playing!

8. Rudi

Rudi Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2009
    Stern Pinball is no big deal.technically not as good as pinball arcade. The biggest Problem is well known, the tables are to easy. I played Frankenstein for 30 Minutes on my first try. Multiballs, extra balls, then I ended the game myself. To boring,,if you can play nearly endless.

9. Rudi

Rudi Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2009
    Paragon will be relased at pinball arcade! One of my absolute favourites. Lets hope they will do a good job.

10. islesfan

islesfan Well-Known Member

Jul 25, 2012
    Male
    Teacher
    Nevada
    Except, this is the only place to play Star Trek and AC/DC, two of my all time favorites. Why they couldn't have just been table packs in Pinball Arcade I don't know...

11. bigrand1

bigrand1 Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2010
    Geriatric Party Animal
    California, USA
    Seems like the new game Paragon just drains all the time! ( ball goes straight down the middle!) I don't remember this table being this tough!

12. HotHamBoy

HotHamBoy Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2015
    The Pinball Arcade for iOS got its update a little early today.

World Champion Soccer, a delicensed version of World Cup Soccer '94, has been added to the line up and it looks and plays great. The only noticeable changes are to the backglass and the removal of any mention of World Cup.

Now for the caveat: this update introduced a major bug when trying to purchase a table from the home screen or from the table library.

If you try to purchase an unowned table, including World Champion Soccer, from these screens it will take you to the Custom Balls DLC menu. Trying to do anything from within that menu will crash the app. As of now, you cannot buy any custom ball packs.

YOU CAN buy tables, though. Simply tap on the Shopping Cart icon and it will take you to the items you can buy sorted by Seasons and Custom Balls. This menu will allow you to download table trials and buy the tables. Once a table has been downloaded the other icons in the app for that table will work. The Custom Balls menu will break the UI if you tap on it, though.

Also, the $4.99 button to buy WCS won't do anything. If you tap on the Pro $7.99 version it will bring up the confirmation to buy the $4.99 version.

Good job, Farsight.

13. LordGek

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    While I can confirm the annoyance with the custom balls, I was able to snag the normal version fine with the $4.99 button. What I think was going on there for you, as I'd seen this with previous table releases, is that sometimes there is a huge delay between hitting the "Buy" button and when the game asks for your password and purchase confirmation, so is it possible, that when you hit the "Buy" on the Pro version, that pervious "Buy" of the normal version was finally responding?

14. Rudi

Rudi Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2009
    Wild Card is out now. nice table. But Aztec would have been the much better choice. That shows again, The guys from farsight are not real pinball players.

15. LordGek

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    I'm not getting the dig there.

16. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Thought both tables were fine. Love the huge collection I’ve got on my phone.

Got all the tables apart from Dr Who and Ghostbusters. Are they any good ?

17. LordGek

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    I found Dr. Who pretty weak, but when you say Ghost Busters do you mean that odd unofficial Ghost Buster table Farsight dropped a year or 2 ago or this latest official Ghost Buster table? Their unofficial 1, much like Dr. Who, I found pretty lacking but the REAL Ghost Buster table that just dropped recently is a hoot. While I love the work Farsight has done converting all of these tables, I have yet to be impressed by any of their "made from scratch" deallies.

18. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    I like ‘real’ tables so the standalone ghostbusters one they had I don’t like. The one I’m this app is a real table isn’t it ?

So is the Dr Who one not real ? I mean it’s not based on a proper physical table ? Is it one they’ve made up - like the Zen pinball ones ?

19. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Yeah worrying. If I get a new phone will I still be able to download those tables as I have them all currently.