Universal Pinball Arcade - (by FarSight)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Echoseven, Feb 8, 2012.

1. squirpe

squirpe Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2008
    Software Developer
    Honolulu, HI
    Anyone taking part in the latest tournament after the recent update? I'm currently leading (I doubt for long though) hehe. (Kel808)

2. Rudi

Rudi Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2009
    Still waiting for Eight Ball Deluxe and Paragon.

3. Rudi

Rudi Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2009
    No Fear is out. Nobody cares here anymore. They still keep releasing boring, average 90ties tables.

4. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    Is your local leaderboard on the game all hosed as well? It tracks my global score in the game, but I'm not able to post to my local highscore. I see 5 "0" entries but my scores (well above 0) aren't posted nor are my initials asked for. So far it only appears to be an issue on this table.

5. Rudi

Rudi Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2009
    Sorry, I cant help you with the leaderboard issue. Did not download the table.

6. Qwertz555

Qwertz555 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2010
    Just received their newsletter...
    While i'm not interested in the new tables, Fireball & El Dorado, i'm definitely curious to see Doctor Who come alive. Maybe you too?

Kickstarter
    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1067367405/pinball-arcade-doctor-who

I just raised my pledge from 10 to15 bucks, cos i want the access to the table operator's menu.
    (IF released on ios, it might cost $8 and $5 for the normal full unlock)

7. LordGek

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    Has anybody purchased the new tables yet? I'm just getting the classic IAP not yet available stuff.

8. ojtitus

ojtitus Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2010
    Male
    Canton, Ohio
    No, it has just been giving me this weird message telling me to connect to the Internet even though I'm connected to the Internet, must be the new IAP not available message.

9. LordGek

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    Out now. The 2 tables are cute early 70's classics.

10. ojtitus

Jul 7, 2010
    Male
    Canton, Ohio
    Yeah, I'm hoping they add Fathom at some point. One of my favorites that I grew up with, although I would really love to see Farsight secure the rights for the Jersey Jack pinball machines. Those pinball machines are a marvel with the LCD display and all the bright lights.

11. Rudi

Rudi Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2009
    TX-Sector is out. Wow! They still release the most boring tables.

12. LordGek

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    I have this on Steam but you're saying it has already dropped on iOS as well now?

13. Rudi

Rudi Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2009
    Sorry, I just read the newsletter. Should be out on IOS in the next days.

14. LordGek

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    #1574 LordGek, Jun 19, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2016
    WATCH OUT!

Big issues introduced with the new UI.

While I kind of like the new UI, it has introduced BUCKETS of problems on Steam, and from only a quick glance of it here on iOS, I think the exact same problems carried over here. Take the Gorgar table, for example, the Player 1/Ball x info completely blocks the scoreboard!

I also just noticed that when looking at the initial landing page for a table, the top top personal score listed is way off (like it's indexing another player's scores).

15. bigrand1

bigrand1 Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2010
    Geriatric Party Animal
    California, USA
    Also I d like to see Wizards, kind of an older pin, as well as Captain Fantastic, Playboy, Eight Ball, and Bally Chicago!

16. Rudi

Rudi Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2009
    The Thread is dead. Nobody cares if farsight is releasing new tables or not. Indy 500 wow! The wrong company bought the rights for the tables. They only want to make money, but have no idea, which tables are good and which are boring. I think, the project will be over soon. But please release eightball Deluxe and Paragon, before its over.

17. ojtitus

Jul 7, 2010
    Male
    Canton, Ohio
    #1577 ojtitus, Jul 12, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2016
    Farsight is actually very busy working on Stern Pinball Arcade, it's currently only available for the Ocilus Rift but will be coming to almost every other platform. I'm really excited for this because besides Stern, there are only a handful of other companies still putting out pinball machines. And NO ONE releases machines with the frequency Stern does.

Unfortunately most the launch tables for Stern Pinball Arcade are already available via this app but there is one big stand out table that I am super excited for, Tron Legacy.

So there's something to look forward to.:)

Edit: Also there are a lot of people who buy and love all these tables. My Dad and his pinball club being just one example. He and all the members buy ALL the tables on Steam on their PC and on their phones. Some of them including my dad have built virtual pinball machines with 4K monitors and actual pinball cabinets. So there are s lot of people who support this game but don't come on video game forums.

18. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    To be honest,

I love pinball games. Ever since I was a kid in the arcades. I do have this game. But the tables just cost so much for each one. I've always been drawn to the other pinball game, Zen Pinball, where the tables are a bit cheaper. I do understand this game faithfully recreates the tables it's just I can't pay so much for each one. I'm not a cheapskate. It's just I'd spend so much lol. Thing is you said Tron Legacy is coming? Now that I might have to buy.

Billy

19. Rudi

Rudi Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2009
    Big Hurt, wow. What a famous table. there have so much great tables in the eighties. But they still keep releasing boring, ninetees tables.

20. Rudi

Rudi Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2009
    Eight Ball Deluxe

Now they did it. Eight Ball Deluxe is out and its simply fantastic! The best pinball table of all times and I will play it for ever.