Universal Pilots of the Dawn - (By Sapeli Studio Oy)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by redribbon, Mar 9, 2016.

1. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    I finally beat level 15!!!!

So I am really liking the fighter with the spread gun. It's smaller and a little harder for the Enemy to hit but what I also learned is that it sort of hovers. With that spread gun you can do some damage from far off. Now I have to work on upgrading it.

Devs do you have any input on issues or a roadmap of when we might get the sound updates or those last 15 missions? What do you think about adding other weapons like a secondary homing missile?

Billy

2. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    #42 LordShad0wz, Mar 13, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2016
    Ok,

So I've played for several hours now. I wish the devs would comment on the thread. But here are a few things:

Monetization:
    There's definitely not enough coins given out while actually playing. This needs to be bumped up. I'm getting 10 coins? When it costs 250 to 500 to upgrade a stat. This is too low. Also there needs to be a double coin in app purchase. I would purchase this.

Features:
    There needs to be different weapon types. Not just round bullets. Something different. Not just patterns. There needs to be a secondary weapon like a homing missile that can be upgraded via coins. This would deepen combat. Also why can't we upgrade the cannons with coins?

UI:
    Why is the game constantly going back to the first 15 missions when I'm on mission 20? It's annoying as hell to constantly have to click and go back to the next mission on the next page. It should go there automatically. Please fix this so it goes to the right page of missions you are on!

A life gauge instead of the screen edges turning red would help so much better.

An altitude level would help. Sometimes when attacking surface ships as you dive the water just comes up too fast. YOu have to guess. If there was an altitude gauge on screen I'd be able to fight better. It would enhance gameplay.

Missions:
    The missions could be so more in depth and dynamic. You've got some where you protect a friendly plane. It does attack enemies. Why not missions where you have several friendly planes and you have to take out flying fortresses or enemy bases/ships or something like that. So much more could be done with this. Mission depth is what's going to keep people wanting to play. Even in endless you could do this.

Devs I was really hoping you'd be more active on this thread. You've got an awesome game! Please talk to us. Give us a roadmap of when the sound update will happen? What about bug fixes? Anything? What about my ideas?

Anyone else agree/disagree?

Billy

3. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    #43 LordShad0wz, Mar 13, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2016
    Bug:
    Campaign Mode
    Battle of the Atlantic
    Mission 9

I'm getting massive lag at the start and throughout the level. Really bad lag. It's like a slide show. So far it's only this level that I'm experiencing this so there's definitely an issue with the level. It's going to be very difficult to beat it trying to play like this.

Device:
    iPhone 6 running iOS 9.2.1
    I don't have any other apps running in the back ground. I rebooted my device and there was no change.

EDIT- Nope. I was barely able to beat level 9 and the lag is present in level 10 as well. It is NOT in level 8. So I'm going to now attempt to proceed and see if it's in 11 as well. Hopefully I can beat level 10. It's not easy. It's really bad lag.

Billy

4. LarryWP

LarryWP Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2013
    Seems like the devs are not around. Your posts are good information for them too. It's a shame that they don't take advantage of this forum. Does not bode well for potential buyers. Oh well, off to other games! :)

5. Jarza

Jarza Member

Jan 19, 2016
    Mission 15 is supposed to be hard because it's a boss mission :) I'm glad you still completed it.

I will start to make the new update next week. Hopefully we get it into store at the end of the April :)

6. Jarza

Jarza Member

Jan 19, 2016
    Very good suggestions

Hey,

amazing suggestions. I will save these and fix as many as I can to the next update.

- Different weapons is something that I would want too, but it takes some time to do them. I think I'm going to add more guns later.
    - Life gauge and altitude meter are easy tasks
    - Also the double coins IAP is something that I can add to next update
    - Also the variety of missions is something that I'll add to the next mission page

Thanks!
    -Jari

7. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    What do you think about having a secondary homing missile? Wouldn't that be a cool idea? Also can you bump up the amount of coins given out during playing it's really too low. Lastly can you let us upgrade our main weapons via coins? It would be a good coin sink.

Billy

8. Anotherkellydown

Anotherkellydown Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Bronze

I've watched between 50-60 video ads since downloading as well as buying 6 or 7 of the 500 coin packs. Definitely need to earn more money in-game. The coin doubler will help.

So what's everyone's high score in endless mode? Here's my replay:

9. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    #49 LordShad0wz, Mar 15, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2016
    Endless Mode: 1390

Once again you friggin beat me. I can't ever beat you in any game lol.

I hate you.

And yea in some missions I'm making 10 coins. Sometimes if I lose 4 coins. That's just insanely low and not worth the effort. And I watch all the ads until there isn't anymore everyday just to give the dev some ad revenue. I've spent $10 on the fighters and coin packs and I just have to finish upgrading the first two fighters. I'm still going to buy the coin doubler because I know more fighters will be added down the road and I'll be ready with a massive bank of coins hehehe. I'm hoping he lets us upgrade the main guns using coins. I want to be ready for that too.

Billy

10. Anotherkellydown

Haha! It's ok, you'll get me. :p

I watch the ads everyday until they're gone too. :D

11. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    HA you like that third fighter too! It really is the best one! Those cannons do -4 damage and man can it turn! I like the spread gun fighter too. The supposed best fighter, the loose goose, really kinda sucks.

Billy

12. Anotherkellydown

HA=Handling, S=Speed, HP=Hit points

Some stats:

PEASHOOTER
    HA 5/6
    S 5/6
    HP 7/7

HAWK
    3/6
    4/8
    4/6

LIGHTNING
    6/7
    6/7
    7/7

BLACK BULLET
    7/7
    9/9
    6/6

SWOOSE GOOSE
    7/7
    8/8
    8/8

Battle of Alps: 1-15
    Battle of Atlantic: 1-2, working on 3.

13. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    I'm on level 10 of the Atlantic. It's tough as nails. There's a surface ship that won't go gently into that good night lol.

Billy

14. Anotherkellydown

:D

Wow man, nice! Looks like I've got some catching up to do on the campaign!

15. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    Can you do me a favor. When you get to level 9 can you report back if you get really really bad lag. Especially as the level starts. It's not on level 8. It started on level 9. I rebooted and no change. You and I have the exact same device and os so I'm interested to see if you get the lag too.

Billy

16. Anotherkellydown

I can say that this happened the other day at the beginning of each round. It was really laggy for about the first 2 seconds then it cleared right up.

17. yorrick

yorrick Well-Known Member

Oct 29, 2009
    Sydney, Australia
    This game reminds me of MiniSquadron - which hasn't been updated since 2013.
    Enjoying the game and may go back to MiniSquadron just to try it out again.

18. Jarza

Jarza Member

Jan 19, 2016
    Lag issue

Many of you have reported the lag issue. I will look that too and see what I can do to it. I think it has something to do with the huge amount of bullets.

Has anyone completed the whole campaign yet?

19. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    #59 LordShad0wz, Mar 17, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2016
    I am trying but I've been stuck on Battle of the Atlantic, mission 10 for over a day now. No matter what I do or try it plane I use its not enough. Then there's the lag. I wish the swoose gooses guns did better damage. It's supposed to be the best fighter but truthfully it isn't by far. The main guns are garbage.

EDIT- hahahahaha. I wrote this. Went into the game. Watched all the ads available for coins and finished upgrading the pea shooter. I went and loaded up level 10 and I beat it lol. I've been stuck all this time and I beat it with the effing pea shooter. Ok on to level 11. My comment about the swoose gooses guns still stand. They should be doing more damage. If you'd let us upgrade the guns with coins it would be a good coin sink too.

EDIT 2- Holy god level 11 are you kidding me lol. I won't give spoilers but good luck everyone! See you in heaven. Lol

EDIT 3- by the way Jarza I meant to tell you, the missions where you simply have to survive a certain amount of time by not dying, simply cannot be lost. What you do is immediately go the opposite direction of the AI. They will follow. You out run them and might take a few hits but they fall back. Once their bullets fall off the screen you wait a few seconds and turn directly in the opposite direction towards their previous direction. The AI will now be coming from the opposite direction behind you and You will see their bullets start to appear behind you. Once they can't catch up and once again when their the bullets stop you once again reverse course. You just do this repeatedly until the time you need to survive expires and you win the mission. It's no challenge whatsoever and it's an easy 50 coins. You need to fix this. Especially when today's only daily mission was to survive 37 seconds. It was no challenge.

Billy

20. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    #60 LordShad0wz, Mar 17, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2016
    ********MAJOR SPOILERS********

If you want a taste of Battle of the Atlantic, level 11, watch this quick everyplay video. I wasn't really trying I just wanted to show you a taste of the level.

https://everyplay.com/videos/27088652

Is there anyway to post active links from the app? It's not showing as an active hyper link grr. I'm sorry guys you will have to copy and paste.

Billy