Universal Piloteer (by Fixpoint Productions Ltd.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Jun 24, 2015.

1. Sexy Pirate

Sexy Pirate Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2014
    Call centre / Parent
    Newcastle England
    just picked this up today and I'm loving it. really responsive controls and enjoying the challenges. just unlocked the second area but haven't played it yet. hoping there's something to keep me coming back after completing the challenges tho. totally reminds me of that backflip game which I also loved.

2. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    Are their other characters to play as? All I see is the female in the stilettos. Can you play as a male character?

3. NOEN

NOEN Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2012
    U.S.
    Haha. I thought the same thing when I played it.

But yea, definitely a fun game with a really cool art style. It's frustrating in the beginning, but once you get the controls down, it's great.

Oh, as far as I know, there are no different characters, no new skins, or even upgrades. Normally that's my thing. I love being able to upgrade and purchase new stuff. So far it's pretty much just been flying around, doing these missions that pop up. Like, (Do 3 backflips and land on a bench in 10 seconds) or (get from point A to point B in 5 seconds.) Some are timed and some aren't, but that's pretty much it. You gain stars and after so many, you unlock the next "world". There's 3 worlds I think. It's pretty much the gameplay that sells it for me. Like the backflip game, it's just one of those games that are fun to play. This one has a lot more depth to it though. I'd say it's worth the asking price, but if your looking for a deep story or a game with a bunch of things to buy/upgrade, this probably isn't the game.

4. I have just released an update to fix the memory crashes on iPod 5th gen, iPad 2, and iPhone 4s. Hopefully it fixes it for everyone!

Definitely let me know here, on Twitter at @wtrebella, or at [email protected] if you have any questions/concerns/whatever.

5. Anotherkellydown

Anotherkellydown Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Bronze

#25 Anotherkellydown, Jun 29, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2015
    Finished the first two scenes and working on the third. Got 180 medals so far. I'm terrible at the missions where you have to fly through the hoops.

Great job Andy C83 and Q Pawn for first and third places on the ww leaderboard! You guys are nuts!

If you like Piloteer, make sure to nominate it for GotW (along with any other favorites from this week):

http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=265066

It'd be great to have more people involved each week.

6. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    I contacted the dev. He said that he purposely made the games main character a female because of all the male only games. And that's it. No plans to add a male character.

Billy

7. Sexy Pirate

Sexy Pirate Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2014
    Call centre / Parent
    Newcastle England
    I'd love some different custom options like new clothes and jet pack skins. #
    i could see this making a pretty entertaining endless flyer.

8. klink

klink 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 22, 2013
    No thank you
    USA
    That's great news, thanks for the information. As the father of daughters I can only hope they'll have the same opportunities that I've been blessed with. It's important for them to be able to role play as the hero. It's also helpful for boys to grow up seeing women in a strong leadership role like a protagonist of a game. I'm glad to see the gaming industry is slowly adopting this philosophy and becoming a more inclusive place. If this brings in more gamers we all win.

9. raravan

raravan Well-Known Member

May 18, 2014
  10. Anotherkellydown

#30 Anotherkellydown, Jun 29, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2015
    I like the endless flyer idea! Flying through hoops to gain points along with distance. Maybe a fuel system where you need to land at a dock to refuel along the way. Game Center achievements?

Here's a replay of a challenge where I got totally lucky. Flew right through the Ferris wheel, did a forward flip and landed on the dock:

https://everyplay.com/videos/18222253

11. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    I believe they should make both sexes as options unless of course the story line is at odds with that. As the father of a daughter myself I would hope instead of something being inclusive it should be more diverse and tolerant with more choices that are equal for all.

:)

Billy

12. bilboa

bilboa Well-Known Member

May 23, 2013
    Boston, MA, USA
    Of course, in an ideal world every game, even little $0.99 games, would offer a choice of playing as any gender or color or size, etc. However, I can't help but notice that while it's much more common for games to only offer the choice of playing as a male character, I almost exclusively only see these kind of complaints come up when a game only has a female character to play as. I think a lot of men and boys are just so used to everything defaulting to male that they don't even notice anything amiss unless the they can't play as a male. Meanwhile this is what girls and women experience all the time.

Given that we live in this actual world and not an ideal one, I think it's actually nice that some developers, when they only have the resources to make one character for their game, are defaulting to female instead of male. It's great for girls to start seeing female characters as normal rather than an afterthought, and I don't think it hurts for boys to not be able to take it completely for granted that the hero always defaults to male.

13. Thinkerton Games

Thinkerton Games Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jun 11, 2015
    Love this, so much fun. It's punishing but I can't help but laugh each time I fail. Great job!

14. grits

grits Well-Known Member

May 28, 2012
    Awesome game. I loved backflip madness and this is like a spiritual successor.

15. Blue Thumbs

Blue Thumbs New Member

Jul 1, 2015
    #35 Blue Thumbs, Jul 1, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2015
    Another great game from Fixpoint that had me boggle eyed, swearing and with bruised thumbs by the end. So happy to have this wrapped up, the last two platinum missions in The Pier are insane! Lots to do in them, not much time to do it all and it feels like the seagulls get switched to kamikaze mode. :-D

[​IMG]

16. Anotherkellydown

[​IMG]

[thread=263596][​IMG][/thread] [thread=264829][​IMG][/thread] [thread=264951][​IMG][/thread] [thread=264748][​IMG][/thread] [thread=264831][​IMG][/thread] [thread=264504][​IMG][/thread] [thread=264675][​IMG][/thread] [thread=264949][​IMG][/thread] [thread=264793][​IMG][/thread] [thread=264856][​IMG][/thread]

Piloteer

[​IMG]

is one of the nominees for

Touch Arcade Forums' Game Of The Week

June 25th, 2015

VOTE HERE

***PLEASE NOTE***

1) Developers, publishing partners, or affiliates cannot vote for their own games. If your game is in the poll, you can't vote for it. You are free to ask TA forum posters in your game release thread to vote for your game... but please don't post multiple messages about it.
    2) This voting is for TA members with some activity. If you have to ask someone to create a new account to vote, you're doing it wrong.
    3) Suspect votes may be void.

Credit to AndyC83 for GotW logo

17. grits

grits Well-Known Member

May 28, 2012
    This game needs more press. So good.

18. raravan

raravan Well-Known Member

May 18, 2014
    amazing game. AMAZING!

19. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    And I, as a male, read this and can only think... I never said anything when Miss Lara Croft made her first appearance!!! And of course, we never asked for a Lord Croft nor anything similar... :D

20. coolpepper43

coolpepper43 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    This is a very good game. Strangely addictive fun! It's so satisfing when you land. My only tiny problem is sometimes when I crash it doesn't detect it and you have to restart the levels manually.