Universal Pills4Skills (By Peter Shoferystov)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by comingTouch.com, Jun 8, 2015.

1. CygnetSeven

CygnetSeven Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2010
    Only the CoolestPepper! ;) MC rattled my cage this morning but you solidified the find!!! :D

2. guzzla

guzzla Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

May 12, 2015
    Just for the record I think the icon is cool. It looks totally psychedelic which matches the game perfectly. Buying the ad removal was a no brainer, still enjoying it immensely.

3. Anotherkellydown

Anotherkellydown Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Bronze

#23 Anotherkellydown, Jun 13, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2015
    Thought I'd give this thread a bump in hopes that you guys won't overlook this like I almost did. Pills4Skills is a really good platformer. But it's more than that.

You've got your basic left/right movement on the left side and a jump button on the right. They work really well. Swiping in the 4 cardinal directions will rotate the level, allowing you access to otherwise inaccessible items and areas. You'll also want to make use of the zoom out feature (indicated by the magnifying glass above the left movement button) to get an overview of the level.

The goal is to collect keys and get to the portal at the end of each level. There are 3 pills to collect in each level as well, taking place of the usual 3 star ranking system. That's not all they do though. Probably the coolest thing about the game is the effects the pills have on the graphics. There are a variety of effects that totally screw with your mind and also make it tricky to judge your surroundings. You've seriously gotta try it just to see what I mean; that alone is worth the free download.

There are occasional pop-ups (not bad) from what I saw, but it didn't take long for me to throw down the one dollar to remove them. Bonus points for leaderboards and achievements.

Thanks to all you guys in here! Also saw it got nominated for game of the week. [edit] It's since been removed. I'll be adding it to my only other nomination (Transistor).

Left an App Store review. Great job, Peter Shoferystov!

4. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Haha, damn. Thanks for pointing that out! I accidentally deleted it while editing my post in that thread to remove reference to a game that shouldn't have been in the list. Lemme go back and edit it in. ;)

5. Anotherkellydown

I wondered if you decided it wasn't worthy of GotW. Glad you added it back in =)

6. SUPDAWG

SUPDAWG Member

May 6, 2013
    Kyiv, Ukraine
    Sup!
    Thanks for GotW nomination :)
    I'm still preparing the update: added quality settings and made few bug fixes. Will release it later this week hopefully (unfortunately it takes more time than expected).

Meanwhile, check out some gameplay captured by Lonnie:
    Youtube: video

Cheers!

7. Anotherkellydown

[​IMG]

[thread=263688][​IMG][/thread] [thread=264135][​IMG][/thread] [thread=263744][​IMG][/thread] [thread=263608][​IMG][/thread] [thread=263491][​IMG][/thread] [thread=263783][​IMG][/thread] [thread=263855][​IMG][/thread]

Pills4Skills

[​IMG]

is one of the nominees for

Touch Arcade Forums' Game Of The Week

June 11th, 2015

VOTE HERE

***PLEASE NOTE***

1) Developers, publishing partners, or affiliates cannot vote for their own games. If your game is in the poll, you can't vote for it. You are free to ask TA forum posters in your game release thread to vote for your game... but please don't post multiple messages about it.
    2) This voting is for TA members with some activity. If you have to ask someone to create a new account to vote, you're doing it wrong.
    3) Suspect votes may be void.

Credit to AndyC83 for GotW logo

8. SUPDAWG

SUPDAWG Member

May 6, 2013
    Kyiv, Ukraine
    Sup!

Got some good and bad news.

The update is ready, but I can't build it because my macbook crashes all the time when I'm trying to build the game for iOS. The reason is that I've updated to latest Mac OS (El Capitan) and it doesn't work well. Problem should be fixed on June 26th of even 29th. After that I'll immediately post an update.
    The update will include:
    - performance optimizations for slower devices
    - autorotation fix
    - less ads for the first levels
    - everyplay bugfix
    - leaderboards bugfix
    - some gui optimizations
    - other minor fixes.

Have a good day and sorry for the delay.
    Cheers!

9. coolpepper43

coolpepper43 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    Holy snit! This is no longer in the App Store and it disappeared from my purchased list! :(

10. Gwarmaxx

Gwarmaxx Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    NCC 1701
    so you learn to download also on a PC/Mac and backup the ipa file :D;)

11. coolpepper43

coolpepper43 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    For this game I'd have too because it was a fantastic game