Universal Pico Tanks (by Panda Arcade)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Jan 30, 2020.

1. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    I’ve played a bunch of games and haven’t come across the new map yet either.

Yeh it seems fair buffing the helix and nerfing the arc. Loving the seeker buff to make it better at seeking it definitely tracks better.

Is the helix your favourite previously or do you have others at max rank? I like the look of the sniper one and the artillery but I don’t have those yet.

2. MetaGonzo

MetaGonzo Well-Known Member

May 7, 2009
    Helix was the only one I had near max. I was chasing the triple shot it had at max (I think) level.
    Then it changed to single and then it got nerfed again. I may as well max it now.

My medic is level 13 and my viper and shotgun are both 11. I don’t like the shotgun but it’s undeniably effective so I have it to swap to if the situation demands it.
    I love the medic and would like to concentrate on it but it’s not easy to use well.

If you can get on with the artillery then you should; I've seen it used to devestating effect. I can’t get used to it. One of the devs hinted that it might get a nerf to stop it being so powerful at close range, as it should.
    Bullseye is another one I see people having good results with but I’ve not used it yet.

3. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    #43 ste86uk, Feb 27, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2020
    If your good with the helix shouldn’t it be similar with the bullseye? I’ll definitely try the bullseye and artillery when I get them. I’m sure I’ve seen the artillery shoot multiple times at once a few times can it hold more than one shot? The potato cannon seems a bit better now with 4 shots but it must reload pretty quickly with the stream of potato’s I’ve had coming at me!

Yes the medic seems good for healing but tricky to use like you said and I found it terrible if I ended up vs an enemy rather than healing.

Been meeting some OP people sometimes which sucks a bit they have had over 10k health when I’m only sitting at 5k and most others have a bit less than me. My seeker is on level 12 so far I have the cash to upgrade more but not sure if I should or not yet and save the cash to upgrade and try other weapons.

4. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    Tip for the new map, there’s a wooden bridge at the bottom maybe don’t use it.

To my surprise there I was crossing the bridge to get away as I shoot a seeker at my enemies the whole bridge collapses and I die.

5. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    Noooo how could they nerf my precious seeker....well ok it is imba but reducing its range sucks and enemy tracking which they only just buffed. Good job I’ve just unlocked the bullseye and started levelling it.

Nice changes otherwise though it looks like, nice to see them constantly updating the game and making things better along with the balance changes.

6. PandaArcade

PandaArcade Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2017
    We have just released a our next major update, Grassy Gully. It includes another Fetch The Cargo map, leaderboards, new missions and a bundle of accessories. Please check out the trailer for it and tell us what you think :)

ste86uk likes this.
  7. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    Glad to see another update, hopefully I’ll check it out soon but I’ve been a bit burnt out on the game lately and haven’t really played for a week or so. The seeker buff then nerf which I’d upgraded a lot made me start trying more weapons and I wasn’t really enjoying any so thought maybe a break will help.

8. PandaArcade

Nov 22, 2017
    That's fair. We're aiming to release major updates with new content fairly frequently to avoid player burnout. Certain features such as leaderboards, clans and events are things that are important to get in as soon as we can :)

9. PandaArcade

Nov 22, 2017
    Hi everyone! It's been a few months now since we released Pico Tanks globally but we have still been going strong with getting out new content. We still check this forum for any feedback you may have, although most of our discussion is focused on Discord nowadays. Please feel free to also join us there for more frequent updates and to team up with other players! We'll still keep posting here too.

We have naturally strayed away from sharing development videos like we used to now that the game is out and we want to keep new content a surprise for the most part. Having said that, making that sort of content is always really fun and we hope to ramp that up a little more to show you behind the scenes of making Pico Tanks!

If there is anything you are particularly curious about, please let us know. Thanks for your support :)

Here's a little video of our latest map in Pico Tanks:

10. PandaArcade

Nov 22, 2017
    Glorious fan-made concepts! Should we add them to Pico Tanks?

The design shows some explosive upgrades to the crossbow weapon itself. Currently we don't have any items that change design when upgraded. We would love your thoughts on this too!

Fan art by Joe

[​IMG]