Universal Pico Tanks (by Panda Arcade)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Jan 30, 2020.

1. MetaGonzo

MetaGonzo Well-Known Member

May 7, 2009
    #21 MetaGonzo, Feb 10, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2020
    That’s pretty bot sounding behaviour there although that’s not to say there aren’t people that moronic out there!

The thing that really stung with the helix is the increase in reload time. Unlike damage it has a major effect on the very mechanics of its use; ie, this piece of cover takes 1 sec to traverse so I can get a shot off entering and exiting the cover etc.
    A 50% increase in that is not small potatoes and requires a great deal of unlearning and relearning and we had to do that recently with the projectile count change.

Anyhow, I will now turn my attention to other weapons which has to be a good thing but I will miss the time and money I spent on the high level Helix. These things happen with a new game though, so I’m fairly philosophical about that.

ste86uk likes this.
  2. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    It was a huge nerf that’s for sure, maybe a bit too much I think personally as o had trouble deciding between it and the cannon to begin with now I don’t see any reason that I’d use the helix for.

I thought earlier it would be nice if the seeker changed, but maybe I’m being too optimistic and it would make it OP but when I originally unlocked it I thought I’d have to target someone for a few seconds for it to lock on and then I could fire and it would track them. I’d like it to move faster in exchange for needing to lock on first.

Besides I think that would actually help a lot in some situations where it just ignores someone you actually want it to hit and goes into a wall instead because it tracks the closest enemy.

3. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    Having so much fun on this game the last few days. I’ve found so much love for the mine it has to be my favourite item I have so far it’s so satisfying to use and very helpful tactically too.

I love seeing two tanks rolling over it side by side and both blowing up. Still loving the seeker too just chasing people and killing people I thought got away from me.

MetaGonzo likes this.
  4. MetaGonzo

May 7, 2009
    I love the mine too; got a double with it only a few hours ago.
    There’s nothing like hiding one in some high traffic foliage. Even if you’re spotted laying it they get forgotten about in the heat of the moment.

Seeing someone heading for your mine and sending a helix to meet them there, sealing the deal is seriously satisfying.

ste86uk likes this.
  5. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    I got quite a few of them today too, so good hiding it like you said and then I like to lure them that way by making it look like I’m running away. Especially good on that death match map with the foliage and light house in the middle.

Hey have you ever used a promo code in the game? They give me one via email and said to go to settings and tap or swipe on the version number and a box should come up to enter it but nothing happens when I try to find where to enter it?

MetaGonzo likes this.
  6. MetaGonzo

May 7, 2009
    Hmmm; honestly can’t think where there’s an option for code entry (except friend codes).
    Maybe ask in the discord.

7. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    Im not on discord but I did email again to ask about it but it’s been a few days now.

Is it just me or do you think the quests that make you wear certain toppers are annoying? You hardly ever get to chose what you want because there are so many quests wanting you to use them. I feel the same about kills with certain weapons but I understand it’s getting you to try them out maybe you’ll like them.

But I had one yesterday to use my old classic tank body...I just deleted the quest why would I want to go back to that?

8. MetaGonzo

May 7, 2009
    Yeah I think the missions need a few more types. The do this in this topper seem a bit of an after thought and the hide ones don’t really encourage objective play on HTF.

I do like having the missions though and they’re fairly new. Need some fresh ideas.

ste86uk likes this.
  9. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    Yeh I did see they were added quite late in development but I definitely like having them there too.

I think the game actually needed something like they added to keep it interesting. Having to earn and upgrade parts and work to be able to do that. If they just gave us all the tanks and weapons it would still be fun but I think not as rewarding and ultimately get bored quicker.

Like with Brawl Stars I’m still going and enjoying it and enjoy playing all the different brawlers and getting them and getting their star powers.

But they do definitely need some tweaking but they have been good at doing updates pretty quickly so that’s a positive.

MetaGonzo likes this.
  10. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    I just got the spud gun and minigun unlocking, how do you find those?

Also just wondering since your much further ahead do you know what the max level is for the tank bodies and weapons?

11. MetaGonzo

May 7, 2009
    Level max is 20 for all bases, weapons and abilities.

I don’t rate the spud gun and am seldom killed by it. Mini gun I don’t have but it seems to be fairly effective.

I’ve just got my viper to level 10 which moves it up to 6 shots per burst. With 3 bursts in a clip it’s pretty devastating; that’s my current recommendation. It’s so much more damaging overall than my helix which is 19.

I die a lot to shotguns but it’s just not my sort of gun; if you like close quarters it’s without doubt the most effective non healing weapon.

ste86uk likes this.
  12. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    I feel like I’m doing quite well but I bet your stats are amazing compared to mine with the level and time with bots too.

I guess the spud gun is just another cannon but fires slower? No viper for me yet but just levelling the minigun to check it out. I feel the same about the shotgun it is extremely powerful, a shield and a shotgun can take anyone out but I prefer to try and not do suicide runs and found it frustrating having no range.

Attached Files:

13. Sorachi

Sorachi New Member

Feb 16, 2020
    Hi all and great to be here. English is not my language so i'll try to do my best.
    Juste want share my thoughts on the game.
    - First I like it a lot.
    - I really hope there will be enough players because i feel i face the same opponents a lot.
    - The Helix nerf was rude and i feel they just killed this weapon. Compared to cannon this isn't a viable alternative anymore imo. They should rework it i think.
    - In the same time i feel shotgun is unbalanced and too strong. It should be nerf i think. Damage or range i don't know. The tesla and the fire weapon (don't know the english name) are not so use as melee weapon. This illustrate the fact that shotgun is too present.
    - I can't get enough of losers that seems to avoid on purpose the health pack. Same for the idiots who go straight on melee with a snipe. So sick.
    - Sometimes the matchmaking does put you in a tricky situation and you feel the game is already lost. It is very frustrating.

MetaGonzo and ste86uk like this.
  14. MetaGonzo

May 7, 2009
    @Sorachi I’d agree with pretty much all of your post there. Your English is great.

@ste On the face of it my stats are better but as you point out I had the advantage of a lot of bot matches (although I’d have preferred not even at the cost of stats).
    Looks like you’re doing well; win more than lose, kill more than die. Thumbs up!

ste86uk likes this.
  15. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    I don’t feel like the shotgun needs balancing but definitely the helix I’d never chose it for any reason currently, I got a quest today to use it and just deleted the quest right away.

I get the same though with matchmaking sometimes I get out with a bunch of division 1 players and from the start you can see you either have bots on your side or complete morons....It does make you lose hope sometimes but I’ve had some games where I’ve singlehandedly won it in ctf. With my trusty seeker, turret and mine.

16. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    How do people add me as a friend? I thought the only way was with the friend code because whenever I play with anyone good and try and search them I need their code which I can’t get in game can I?

Unless it’s been people that have seen my code here and added me?

17. MetaGonzo

May 7, 2009
    Ah ha but you can. If you go to the recents tab on the social page it shows you who you just played.

Tap on them for various options including add friend.

ste86uk likes this.
  18. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    Shows how much time I’ve spent in the social section...

19. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    It’s nice how often they seem to be updating this, new map and finally got rid of the stupid topper missions which I never liked.

Nice balance changes from the looks of it, I can’t believe they buffed the seeker though it’s my main weapon and I destroy with that so far. Although it seems they reduced everyone’s energy regeneration which does suck a bit because I never felt like we could use tools too much anyway....but then lowering regeneration and the change with energy generated from dealing damage and removing self healing generation it might make a big difference.

PandaArcade and MetaGonzo like this.
  20. MetaGonzo

May 7, 2009
    My job is really eating into my PicoTime at the moment.

What’s the new map like? Just played 11 matches and didn’t get it.

Very happy to see the helix getting its reload reduced. I’ll finally bite the bullet (munch the missile?) and go from 19 to 20 to get the 1.1sec reload.

Repair arc repair rate nerf seems like a good call too. And yes, the energy restructuring seems like a pretty major overhaul; should be interesting.