Universal Pianista (By Superb Corp.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Ian_Superb, Dec 3, 2016.

1. JindoFox

JindoFox Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2008
    The game says something to the effect of "if enough people play this game, we will open online competitions." I don't much like that IF in there. Can someone (preferably the developer) speak to how well this is doing? I kicked in ten dollars, despite not loving the monetization design, because I enjoy the game.

2. JindoFox

Dec 21, 2008
    You could try turning up the speed to 2x or 3x. These settings aren't well described -- it doesn't speed up the music, just the visualization of the notes coming down. For songs I know well, playing them with the 3x setting keeps me from rushing the tempo. It makes unfamiliar songs more difficult, obviously.

3. maxbrickem

maxbrickem Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2009
    after updating, does it seem like the overly-loud "miss" and sound when it counts the stars after you finish got any better? It still seems very loud and not changed at all despite what the update mentioned.

4. aussiepaul

aussiepaul Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2013
    I cant notice much difference.

5. matthjes

matthjes Active Member

Dec 17, 2011
    #65 matthjes, Dec 20, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2016
    Cannot see / hear any improvements either.

I'd like to add to my list of annoyances the always online requirement. Even at home with good Wifi the app needs to restart every time after I put my phone to sleep and woke it up again. What is this nonsense?

But looking at the responses so far it seems like this app was dead on arrival...it's fun, but there are a lot of things that can be improved but there is no statement by the developer.

Edit: It would also be nice to have an option that makes the correct notes play only if I hit the bars at the correct time. Currently the song plays regardless whether I hit the bars or not, so you're not actually "playing".

6. aussiepaul

Aug 18, 2013
    Xmas Theme Pack

I know this is primarily classical music app, but i would have loved to have a xmas theme pack for sale so my family could have had a singalong on xmas day #

7. aussiepaul

Aug 18, 2013
    Congrats Dev for getting on TAs Erics Top 10 games of the year. #

8. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    Updated yesterday, but still no IAP to make it a premium experience :(

9. matthjes

matthjes Active Member

Dec 17, 2011
    3 new songs and the combo text size has been decreased...though it's still annoyingly right in the center of the play area, hiding some bars...

Oh, and..."Network unstable"...even at home with Wifi...

10. aussiepaul

Aug 18, 2013
    Lets give the dev some time for the IAP. Im still loving playing this app, but would prefer it premium.

11. Alexandros1986

Alexandros1986 New Member

Feb 9, 2017
    Der Erlkonig

Great game! The other day I randomly got Schubert's Der Erlkonig song but it has never appeared again! I love that song, is there a way to play it again? Thanks!

12. TheVimFuego

TheVimFuego Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2014
    There is and it involves accumulating a LOT of in game currency or throwing some real life $ at it.

This was different and fun for me but deleted until the monetisation model changes.

13. dr v

dr v Member

Nov 27, 2014
    any news on an android version?

14. aussiepaul

Aug 18, 2013
    We haven't seen the dev in this forum for a while. Hopefully he will pop in and let us know whats in the pipeline.

15. JindoFox

Dec 21, 2008
    Any update on when/if we will get the multiplayer mode?

16. Ian_Superb

Ian_Superb Member

Dec 1, 2016
    Pianista 2.0 Update!

I know it's been a long time.
    We are trying to enhance Pianista every in the past months.

Here's what we added.
    • Tour mode : Clear 50 and more stages and become a virtuoso!
    • Ranking system : Users globally compete each other through ranking board in the Collection and the Tour.
    • Piano Skin : Decorative skin item made with a masterpiece, 'Piano' also has additional effect for the play such as score bonus and extra life. Upgrade your piano and get more bonus!
    • Composer level system : Play your favorite composer to get score bonus and to earn more gold.
    • Design Renewal : We improved App UI in every aspect for better user experience.
    • Additional Songs : Reflecting feedback from French and Russian users, we added 8 songs from Glinka, Tchaikovsky and Saint-Saëns.
    • Free Music Points: Watch Video Ads and get free music points!

I'll check this thread as often as possible but if you have any questions
    mail me to [email protected] or visit our Facebookfacebook for fastest reply.
    Thank you guys for the support thus far.
    And any suggestions, questions will be welcomed. Feel free to contact me;)

17. Styrixa

Styrixa Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2013
    PA, USA
    Awesome update. 4 stars have become 5! How do I unlock the "Defying Virtuoso" piano?

18. aussiepaul

Aug 18, 2013
    Thanks for the update #

19. juicebox

juicebox New Member

Oct 3, 2016
    Having issues after update where it won't load past 10% anyone else?

20. aussiepaul

Aug 18, 2013
    All good on iPhone 5se