Universal Pianista (By Superb Corp.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Ian_Superb, Dec 3, 2016.

1. Ian_Superb

Ian_Superb Member

Dec 1, 2016
    Thank you for all of your comments.
    So many people give love to Pianista, the entire staff appreciate to TA community.
    We have received all of your precious opinions, we will make best effort to give you improved version of Pianista with updated features.

2. matthjes

matthjes Active Member

Dec 17, 2011
    +1 Almost deleted the game as I can't stand such type of IAP. Maybe the devs might look at this again, it's a cool game, though.

3. JindoFox

JindoFox Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2008
    I'd totally pay that, and I agree with others about keeping stuff in your collection, and toning down the BONK when you miss.

If I were the developers, I'd weigh taking money for a doubler/timer removal against the number people who will just quit when they first run out of green music notes.

No matter the reason or justification, timers are never any fun.

once more with feeling
    TIMERS ARE NOT FUN :cool:

4. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    I deleted it because of timers, then reinstalled and discovered I'd lost my user because I had been playing as guest, doh!

Anyway, game is very cool, but I hate the monetization scheme they chose. I got 30 green music notes for free as a welcome present, but the counter only works when you have less than 5 music notes.

Maybe an IAP which keeps counters for the random mode (increasing max value to 10-15) and let free play on the songs you own/purchase? A fully premium experience would be better IMO, but that scheme could work too, albeit not being perfect... For me it's a 5-star game that got 4 stars because of how monetization is implemented.

5. Qwertz555

Qwertz555 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2010
    #45 Qwertz555, Dec 7, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2016
    No need to speak much about the great classical music if you're just a bit into this genre. It's a beautiful game with responsive and (on normal speed) quite forgiving controls, imho. The distracting big combo counter and the miss tone could be more subtil.
    Unfortunately are the "perfect for whales calculated iap's" no motivation for me to spend any dime. Just saying, i would easily spend up to 10 bucks for a timer-less version.

Edit: playing this on my old 5s is perfect for my little hands. My 7 is already to big. I even think it could be played in portrait mode. I'd really like to try that out. Taking iphone 7 and up.

6. aussiepaul

aussiepaul Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2013
    #46 aussiepaul, Dec 8, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2016
    I dont mind supporting the dev, but if you bought a premium unlock the timer, it would also need to remove 'song point' for each song played. Otherwise you'd be still having to spend money for song points every 30 song plays.

7. Peterwilc

Peterwilc Active Member

Dec 19, 2014
    Hello. I really like the music in this game. How would I go about getting it? is the music in the game computer generated? or is it recorded?

8. andsoitgoes

andsoitgoes Well-Known Member

Everyone in this thread has echoed the point. I can't support the game with that many currencies, and while you may get some who will pay you for it, but man. No. Just no. It's way unbalanced, there are way too many currencies and it's just a bummer from someone who would love to introduce the game to his kids, who are avid musicians.

9. VirtualBoyFreak

Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    When you buy songs, you have the star ranking saved, and there are two difficulties. I've tried to do a song in mastery mode without success. That could be one objective, aside from achieving 100% perfect hits in a song.

10. Dahaka

Dahaka Member

Nov 3, 2011
    I really like this game, but I know this one will not last for very long. Although the controls are spot on, the whole presentation is carefully made and I don't mind the idea of playing random music in order to grind for the currency needed to build a collection. But the speed of progression within the game is just totally screwed up and totally out of balance.

On a good run on normal you earn about 300 coins. But since it takes between 7000 and 20000 coins for a song to unlock in your collection you'd have to about 60 songs in gold mode to unlock 1!!!!! expensive song. Say a song takes 2 minutes to complete that will make for 2 hours of non stop play to your next unlock.

With about 35 songs you can unlock, I would need to spend about 70 hours of play to unlock it all.
    Asking players to spend 70 hours on a MOBILE game is just insane if you as a developer think people stay that long interested in your game.

But hey, that's were the IAP are for right? NO, not within reason! Paying 9,99 will only get you about 22 000 coins, or just one of the more expensive songs in the collection. Resulting in about 150 to 200 euro you need to spend to unlock all of the songs.

This level of money grabbing is just totally out of place and you dev's should be embarrassed!

11. VirtualBoyFreak

Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    You should play Asphalt 8 to know what's insane regarding grinding...

12. tennischamp5

tennischamp5 Well-Known Member

May 24, 2012
    Medical Student
    Saint Louis, MO
    #52 tennischamp5, Dec 8, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2016
    Excellent

It's beautiful. I've been waiting ages for something like this. It's difficult, but that's always a plus in rhythm games. I do wish these was a moderate difficulty though. Some of the songs jump from "3/4" to "7/8" from normal to technical. 3/4 I can play without any real challenge or thought, whereas 7/8 I can't even hit the first couple notes before getting a game over. It'd be nice to have that intermediate difficulty to help build up to it for those songs.

The golden play mode does allow you to play every song available, albeit randomly so it's not like there's a real pay wall or anything. I think the monetization could be a little better. Even as simple as increasing the max music note counter to 10 or having an upgrade shop where we could manually do that might add to the experience.

I do hope they eventually add in some other genre's like Ragtime.

Though - what is the purpose of the Fade In button? I thought it was referring to the music. Instead, it just cut off half the screen and made it twice as hard to play since you have half as much space to react. Seems like an unnecessary option since it's not like it boosts your coin reward.

13. aussiepaul

aussiepaul Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2013
    Yeah I thought the fade in fade out was for the music too. Cant see the use of having the note screen fading.

14. Styrixa

Styrixa Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2013
    PA, USA
    Agreed!

15. matthjes

matthjes Active Member

Dec 17, 2011
    #55 matthjes, Dec 9, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2016
    Besides not having an option to get rid of the timer and the annoying sound when the stars are shown (it's like a shock after you've played some fine classical music), there is one other thing that's disturbing: the combo display right in the center of the playing area! For some (easy) tracks this never goes away, which makes it sometimes difficult to see the bars sliding down. Could you please move this counter to, e.g., the upper left corner?

16. TheVimFuego

TheVimFuego Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2014
    This is fun but I'd echo the other comments about the rewards balance. I'll happily buy a currency doubler to support a developer but the grind on this one is too much for me as it stands.

I really want to like it and would play regularly if the progression was fair, right now my time is better spent elsewhere. A shame.

I hope the devs adjust, I'm sure it would benefit all.

17. sweetdiss

sweetdiss Well-Known Member

Jun 15, 2009
    I play piano (and drums/guitar) in real life and this game is really great. It actually really feels like playing a piano at times!

One thing that is really bothering me, though, is that the music seems to be ever-so-slightly ahead of the visuals/tapping (at least on my iPad Air). This means I have to tap the screen a little early to get "Marvelous" streaks. If I just ignore it and go with the music, I only get "Excellent" steaks.

Is there any way you guys could include an option in the menu to manually calibrate that stuff? Many music games have this, and it is essential.

Thank you!

18. F34R

F34R Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2012
    Hmm... well, communication has basically stopped for now. I was discussing some issues with creating a name, associating it with Facebook. The 7th and 8th of Dec., I received replies back, and answered the questions they asked me. Now it's been 5 days and nothing. /shrugs Also, no communication in the thread regarding the issues being brought up. From a newly released game, you would imagine more time would be spent communicating with the audience.

19. VirtualBoyFreak

Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    Check Deemo and Cytus games. They're free atm and they're very cool. Deemo's gameplay is on the line of this one, identical to be honest. IAP are new songs though, no timers not anything similar. I'll probably invest in those ones when I finish with the free songs.

20. F34R

F34R Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2012
    Just wanna say that the dev contacted me about the issue we previously discussed and it was just a mix-up in the communication. So, I'll pull that comment back for sure. I do appreciate the reply I received and the help they are putting forth regarding my acct issue.