Universal Pianista (By Superb Corp.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Ian_Superb, Dec 3, 2016.

1. bangkokmag

bangkokmag Member

Apr 20, 2014
    Really enjoying this. Classical music isn't my thing so I'm learning a bit as well. Hope this game takes off the competition aspect will be fun.

2. Noomen

Noomen Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2014
    Can someone explain the goal of this game?

3. revolverblue85

revolverblue85 Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2012
    Really enjoying this game more than all the other tap tap music games. The classical piano makes you feel like you're really playing the songs. Only played first four songs so far, but enjoying very much.

4. jsrco

jsrco Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Oct 15, 2009
    Coordinator
    Seattle
    Seriously, add an option to practice music you have unlocked without earning coin or continue playing without earring coin when you have no music points.

5. gmattergames

gmattergames Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2013
    Played first five selections on normal. Can definaltely be played holding iPad with thumbs but can be challenging to coordinate long runs, especially while having to sustain a note with one thumb. In this respect, it feels more forgiving than sMules Magic Piano, which requires up to four finger play on highest difficulty, leaving Painista more accessible for hand-held, two finger phone play.

It's difficult not to compare Pianista to Magic Piano, as in most respects, gameplay is similar. A key difference, is that Pianista's tempos are static, based on the speed selected, where Magic Piano's tempo is dynamic, determined by the rate the player plays the song.

In the end, if a player is good at Magic Piano, they should do well here, but without user driven tempo, there's no room for interpretation, feeling or inflection, leaving Pianista feeling less like a performance and more like a technical exercise.

6. DonnyDJ76

DonnyDJ76 Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2011
    Male
    Teacher
    Hackensack, NJ
    I would love to see GameCenter integration-achievements and leaderboards...

7. islesfan

islesfan Well-Known Member

Jul 25, 2012
    Male
    Teacher
    Nevada
    Free with energy timers? No thanks, I'll stick to Guitar Hero.

8. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    I like the game a lot, but as many others here, I don't like having to spend a "credit" for playing with purchased songs.

There's also an annoying problem with pianist username. I used "VBFREAK" playing as guest, then I deleted the game. Now I've reinstalled the game but can't use that name any more because it says it's used. Why can't I use my username again?

9. tcb5150

tcb5150 Member

Oct 21, 2012
    An absolutely amazing game.
    Totally ruined for me by timers, coins and gems.
    Wish I could of paid up front.

10. hoodwinkedfool

hoodwinkedfool Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2011
    To die before you are fully appreciated

11. AlexanderHamilton

AlexanderHamilton Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2016
    Would be an amazing game without the timer

Really unfortunate that there's no IAP to remove it at least

12. timuster94

timuster94 Member

May 3, 2016
    Please, PLEASE, remove/tone down the horrible sound you hear after the song when the stars are shown - it's like when you're enjoyed a nice spring afternoon on a meadow and then someone puts an axe in your chest (okay, maybe not quite that bad, but you get my point).

I'm not a huge fan of the timer system and I would be willing to spend 5$ to get rid of the timer forever.

13. AlexanderHamilton

AlexanderHamilton Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2016
    This.

In the same vein, the sound when you miss a note is jarring and awful

14. aussiepaul

aussiepaul Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2013
    #34 aussiepaul, Dec 6, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2016
    Ok great app. BUT PLEASE
    - remove the horrible sound when you get the stars.
    - payment for coin doubler & timer removal please.
    - remove the 1 music point payment with songs that have been purchased.
    Apart from that feels like I'm playing a piano. Great work devs #

15. fuglyslutRG

fuglyslutRG Member

Mar 31, 2012
    Yep basically all of this. Timer seems fair for those who don't want to pay at all and are ok grinding out coins.

Never write comments but I've been hooked on this for 3 hours straight.

16. taiga97

taiga97 Well-Known Member

Mar 18, 2014
    The sound when I miss doesn't bother me as much as the combostreak getting in my way.
    I too would pay for no timer.
    I also think we should be able to freely play songs we've unlocked. Other than that I really like this game. Feels a bit harder than deemo.

17. ccarvajal84

ccarvajal84 Member

Jun 6, 2012
    +1000 to the horrible stars sound, completely out of the tone of the game. At least please put its volume down.

18. ZS77

ZS77 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2015
    +1 - really good fun but not enjoying the payment barriers. Would rather purchase song packs for real money and/or have coin doubler.

And yes, Stars & missed note sounds are really jarring - need something more befitting. Loving the classical though but then I play classical guitar so have a bit of an interest anyway.

19. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    +1 This game needs a "premiumizer" IAP to make it premium. Great game overall.

20. maxbrickem

maxbrickem Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2009
    Having a blast w this game! reminds me of my guitar hero days, but on my phone! So much better than piano tiles. Like everyone else, please make a premium option, tone down both sounds of messing up and after stars, and minimize the combo counter as it gets in my way for really fast songs. overall great!!