iPad Phull

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by NotYou, Nov 25, 2008.

1. NotYou

NotYou Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2008
    Colorado
    I have mixed emotions about this game. It's a really well made and fun shooter. The gameplay is unique to the genre(as far I know:confused:) and it's pretty adictive.

I beat it way too fast though. So, I'd like to recommend it, but I don't know if a game that short is worth $4. The levels are just different combinations of enemies, so it's not like they couldn't just add a bunch more quickly.

Here's hoping for an update with more levels.

http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=297276815&mt=8

2. monk666

monk666 Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2008
    How long did it took you to finish it?

3. NotYou

NotYou Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2008
    Colorado
    About a day. I'm not sure why they didn't add any more levels. With the way they're set up, it couldn't take long to do.

4. arn

arn Administrator
    Staff Member

Apr 19, 2008
    I played it. It's ok. The game seemed a little too easy when I played it. I kind of got bored during. It's not bad. Just didn't really capture me.

arn

5. goldbuick

goldbuick Member

Nov 25, 2008
    Howdy!

Well, I'm open for feedback! If the demand is high enough I'll be more than happy to roll out an update :D

6. Kumulus

Kumulus Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2008
    bought it and thought it was fun.

10 levels are just a bit too short for the money. the sideshot is kind of useless as well.......but the main weapon is really cool.

btw...the song of the endsequence rocks, lol.

7. NotYou

NotYou Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2008
    Colorado
    More levels is the main thing I'm looking for. I think it's a really great game, but it way too short for the price.

I love the main weapon. It took me a while to figure out how it worked exactly, but it once I got it, it made the game a lot more interesting. The boss's are great too.

8. monk666

monk666 Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2008
    Ok, i'm gonna give this a try. Hopefully there will be more levels to come.

9. Wil

Wil New Member

Nov 26, 2008
    #9 Wil, Nov 26, 2008
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2008
    I'm all about this, and I AM A MOST AMENABLE FELLOW. There is a planned for, but not yet executed update for Phull, which includes post-win levels-a-plenty, as well as some other tweaks that I think you shall find are appropriate and good. I am tweaking it now and YOU SHALL HAVE IT SOON MY GOOD MEN.

Don't rule out side shot! It is useful for bosses 7-10, and extremely useful for boss 9. For getting monsters-hit high scores it is essential.

Edit: Oops! Gave away a SECRET. Redacted!

10. jborislow

jborislow Well-Known Member

Oct 28, 2008
    Once there's an update I might pick this up... I almost bought it when I first saw it out...

11. goldbuick

goldbuick Member

Nov 25, 2008
    Just curious, what was it that held you back?

12. NotYou

NotYou Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2008
    Colorado
    Sounds great! I really wanted to keep playing this one. I was surprised how addicting it was.

13. jborislow

Oct 28, 2008
    Mostly the price and the fact that I've bought loads of other games recently...

14. istopmotion

istopmotion Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2008
    Utah
    The game looks pretty fun but, yeah, it's kind of expensive :p

15. Kumulus

Kumulus Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2008
    its certainly not expensive. no iphone game is expensive.........

phull could just offer some more levels, so if you like this kind of game, buy it. its fun as long as it lasts.

16. goldbuick

goldbuick Member

Nov 25, 2008
    Submitted update!

Hey, just to let you all know I have submitted an update for Phull.
    It's an unlockable hard mode for levels 11 through 30. Tougher monsters, faster bosses. You also get a starting budget of 2000 gems to buy gear with.

Also, the game is going on sale for $1.99!

To unlock hard mode you have play through the first 10 levels.
    Then when starting a new game it will give you the option to start on either level 1 or level 11.

17. Chiller ONE

Chiller ONE Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2008
    Nurse
    Sweden
    Now that its on sale, should I get it?
    I really love shmups but I have been disappointed by almost every single one of 'em so far.

18. jborislow

Oct 28, 2008
    Will it stay on sale for a little while after the update? Because I'd definitely buy it if the update gets good reviews...

19. The Lab

The Lab Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2008
    Entrepreneur
    Utah
    Bought the game and enjoy it but it took me awhile to realize that the little crystals are essential because I would suddenly die. Overall its fun. Not sure if there is an explanation about what each item does or other how to's in the game but that would be nice to have if it isn't in the game. Also a tutorial level.

20. goldbuick

goldbuick Member

Nov 25, 2008
    Thanks for the feedback!

Yes the game will continue to be on sale even through the update.

As for a howto, there is an information button on the top right of the title screen.

But you're right the information it provides is a bit terse. So I'll be working on possibly a tutorial level, and / or more pages to the info screen. A little manual of sorts?