Universal Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Dual Destinies (By CAPCOM)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Gamingvideo, Aug 7, 2014.

1. Infinity89

Infinity89 Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2013
    Is there any all episodes set, that could be bought once!

2. JCman7

JCman7 Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2009
    Mechanical Engineering
    NY
    So far it's much better then the HD AA set, the design is much better and 3D models of the characters look great on the retina display. I think you will like it!

3. RoboWarrior

RoboWarrior Well-Known Member

Oct 3, 2012
    Does one need to play the other Phoenix weight games in order to fully enjoy this? Recently Capcom has been aggressively with its iOS offering. I'm guessing the success of Street Fighter and more recently MHFU, capcom is realizing the huge profit potential in this category. Only hope it means more ports/originals from them (possibly same day release).

4. Infinity89

Apr 8, 2013
    I haven't played any Ace Atorney game before should I start with this or any other?
    If I start with this will I miss something!

5. razorracer83

razorracer83 Well-Known Member

#45 razorracer83, Aug 14, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2014
    Yeah, Capcom is starting to redeem themselves in the mobile space, especially with the awesomeness that is the iOS port of Monster Hunter Freedom Unite. As for Namco and Konami, looking at their app portfolio, it seems they are are going full steam ahead into the evilness that is freemium. Good thing Atypical Games (Battle Supremacy, Sky Gamblers) broke away from the Namco mobile division.

Back to Phoenix Wright, though. Capcom is not entirely in the clear. The original Phoenix Wright Trilogy still hasn't been properly formatted yet as it is an eyesore on my iPad 4. It looks it was formatted to fit on an iPad Mini on my screen. I hope they can fix that as that is really holding me back from playing the the original trilogy and then Phoenix Wright Dual Destinies.

6. JCman7

JCman7 Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2009
    Mechanical Engineering
    NY
    You will miss some information and backstory on the characters but the cases themselves are new and don't rely on any knowledge of the previous games.

7. squashy

squashy Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2013
    *burp*
    The Garden of Sinners
    Why are they ignoring Apollo Justice? (°_°)

8. Ok guys Quick preview compare to the original 3DS game :

- RETINA power > 3DS ; the artwork, animation, graphics is a way better than 3DS (make sense...) and on iPad it's just bloody gorgeous ! Just OnE thing missing, the 3D effect, but we can't have everything.

- Sounds and VGM : just incredible, better than 3DS again.

- Gameplay : the dual screen is missing, but it's ok ! The reading screen is like on 3DS, in the upper screen so no lost here. Everything is ok.

- options : we have better option here than the 3DS version with sounds and text options.

- Price : 29$ 3DS (but DLC costumes free) + 5$ DLC case
    iOS : 15$ all cases + 5$ DLC case + 0,99$ DLC costumes. I'll let you count for me, because the result is obvious, cheaper.

- Menu : i think, the 3DS menu is better than iOS version but it's just me.

- I don't know yet if error translation were erased from 3DS version in iOS app, i'll keep you in touch.

Oh yeah, ONE more thing. Buy it if you want the 6th ep coming on iOS. It's due to out next year on 3DS, maybe early 2017 for us on iOS or if we are lucky in same time with 3DS release !

9. Shaun Musgrave

Shaun Musgrave Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2013
    Freelance writer, teacher, business owner
    Ibaraki, Japan
    Apollo is almost fully 2D, so they'd have to give it the HD treatment they gave to AA1-3, which costs time and money. AA5 was built on MT Framework Mobile almost completely in 3D. Not only do they have MT Framework Mobile working just fine on iOS, they didn't have to redraw very much. They could just render all the polygonal stuff at a higher res and call it a day.

I'm sure we'll see Apollo one day.

10. Infinity89

Apr 8, 2013
    Well then which one should I start from! I don't want to miss anything!

11. Start with the first ones. Trilogy on iOS is perfect for that. Then, you need to play the 4th ep. If you have a DS/3DS, perfect ! If not, ahem, there is another way. I'll not tell you what.
    Then you'll be all to do the 5th here on iOS.

About the Ace Attorney Investigation series, it's a spin-off. So maybe you can wait a little bit. Maybe Capcom will release it on iOS one day.

12. Infinity89

Apr 8, 2013
    So this means only two Episodes of the series are released on iOS so far! This one is the second. If I don't play the 3DS and jump on to this one is there any lose!

13. squashy

squashy Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2013
    *burp*
    The Garden of Sinners
    That makes sense. Thanks :)

14. Two episodes ? Not at all, 4 episodes !
    The 5th is like a best of (it wasn't made by the original dev who made the 4th first ep. But by the devs of AA investigation. We can feel that at the end of 5th ep) So, i think you'll just miss the characters background from the 4th, but that's all ! You can play this one easily without playing others.

15. VaroFN

VaroFN Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    Ridiculously good. That's all I can say.

16. Pipipitchu

Pipipitchu Well-Known Member

May 4, 2013
    Civil Servant
    Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
    I'm still playing Justice for All. Once I've finished Trials and Tribulations and before start Dual Destinies I will read AA4's story to fill the gap. So if Capcom ever release it on iOS it might be too late for me :(

17. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany
    #57 Vovin, Aug 14, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2014

OBJECTION!!! *WHAMM!!* (slams hands on table) :D

Mr. Mustgrave... *points finger at Shaun* are you sure we will see AA part 4?

In my opinion, part 5 is giving away spoilers that explain some things of part 4 - it wouldn't make sense to play part 4 after 5; not because of the story, but because of the cast and relationships.

So, if you are sure, where is the evidence to prove your claim?

:p

18. Hambo12

Hambo12 Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2012
    on the internet
    I don't really like Apollo ._. The 4th ace attorney wasn't the best.. IMO.

19. Dankrio

Dankrio Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jun 3, 2014
    Just bought everything, to support. Even the costumes. I am going to play soon for the first time. Hope the aren't too many bugs.

20. Duke12

Duke12 Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2013
    Yep, episodes 2-5 13,99 €, special episode and costumes not included