Universal Phoenix 2 (by Firi Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Jul 28, 2016.

1. 7lilwhitewolf7

7lilwhitewolf7 Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2012
    Male
    Not hear on earth
    Georgia,Cleveland Ohio,Texas,New York
    You know this iz a great game when Sunny Tam reTweeted bout it'z release. I just got started & i have 7 ships so far

2. GiHubb

GiHubb Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Apr 27, 2010
    CEO
    I quite like the Tempest, good spread and overall damage

3. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    I still love the Mist Star. Damage isnt top tier, but it's got good homing, so that i could focus on avoiding bullets in between Stun EMP durations.

4. drunkhobo15

drunkhobo15 Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2010
    Waiter
    Fort Worth, Texas
    I got lucky and pulled trireme from the warp gate and now the game is a joke. It has homing lasers that never miss so you just worry about not getting hit, missile barrage aka the most OP damage ability in the game that literally clears waves(including bosses), and then teleport if you get in a jam.

This ship is way too strong imo. I went from ranking around the 5000s with normal 1 star ships with no upgrades messing with bullet emp and stun emp ships depending on my liking to being in the top 10 with full upgrades because I had been saving my money for just such a pull.

5. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
    Just got another duplicate. How about if duplicates automatically gave you a free random upgrade to the existing ship, of if fully upgraded gave 100 credits? It would certainly reduce the sting of these pulls.

6. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Wow... Didnt know Trireme had homing attack too. I guess that answers why most of the time it's in every day's top10.

7. drunkhobo15

Feb 5, 2010
    Waiter
    Fort Worth, Texas
    I pulled the starting ship again...I was pissed.

8. xhui

xhui Member

Feb 14, 2011
    Anyone know can I find all ships or most ships attack type? just going off the name is hard to tell...like which ships are split bullets/laser and homing etc.

9. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
    We need a wiki or something, though I'd bet they will allow ship previews before that happens.

10. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    8 mins of hoping that no one beats my score so that at least once i have topped a Phoenix 2 daily stage. w00t!

11. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
    There was something weird about this daily. I finished 3rd but I only attempted the stage maybe 3 times, and certainly could have done better. I finished 3 out of like 1000 or so which seems really low. I wonder if they're breaking the daily stage up into regions or something. I didn't see you on the leaderboard at any point unless you have multiple accounts (I have seen you on there in the past).

12. Canthar

Canthar Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2012
    I saw him as 1 on mine. I finished in 8th. Name is Aesc.

13. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
    #153 Royce, Aug 3, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2016
    That's really weird. I wish I had taken a screenshot of my final leaderboard. Was I on yours (Androyce), and do you remember the total number of participants?

14. drunkhobo15

Feb 5, 2010
    Waiter
    Fort Worth, Texas
    The group has over 1200 members now.

15. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
    First time I got a mission complete. I'm pretty psyched though I'm sure plenty of you do it all the time. I haven't even maxed out the ship yet.

[​IMG]

16. Selachii

Selachii Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Nov 13, 2009
    Game Designer
    Netherlands
    #156 Selachii, Aug 3, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2016
    The Trireme and its instant-homing-laser comrades are getting a slight damage adjustment downward to put them more in line with the others.

Starting the current daily mission we have adjusted the location of the enemies, there should be a bit more breathing room at the bottom of the screen now.

Since yesterday we broke up the daily leaderboard into smaller chunks, so the daily challenge just got a bit more intimate. To put it simply, there are were many players in 1 global daily leaderboard for the datastore to handle :)

17. lewis33

lewis33 Member

Jun 5, 2016
    Great game, but like some already said, there's no incentive (?) to play after some runs.
    Like 2 times a day I launch the game, play 3-4 games max. As soon as I get an "acceptable" run, I just stop playing the game. I want to play more, but for what ? Several frustrating runs, where 1 of those might be better than my already best, which would give me, what, mere 50C perhaps ? nope.

It's a lose-lose situation here: I play less than what I want, hence I will never drop any $ on it because of the so rare credits.

I'd rather buy the game and play it with credits coming on every run because I want to play the game.

18. Mrbestapps

Mrbestapps Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2015
    Would it be possible to make it so the game zooms out less? Wave 3 is good but wave 4 already gets too small.

Btw a simple fix to the currency problem is to make daily missions. For example kill 20 enemies with mega laser, or emp 500 bullets. Would give you something to do other than chase your high score.

19. Phoenixcat

Phoenixcat New Member

Aug 3, 2016
    Love the game, can't put it down!

Is Vuxine getting a slight damage adjustment as it has a homing vortex launcher?

I must admit I got very excited yesterday when this run

https://youtu.be/KetuGrHaPwE

put me in 2nd place overall from my previous top 500 rankings. I was gutted when this morning I was 2nd out of 1200! I liked comparing myself to the whole world so it would be nice to somehow see your score in that comparison again.

20. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
    I sincerely hope this is only a temporary solution. With the global daily challenge aspect removed, my desire to play is greatly reduced. It would be one thing, if the leaderboard was broken up into regions so I could say I got #X in the US or in North America, but there is no context here at all. I'm just ranked of a random tiny subset of the playerbase. I'm honestly not sure how much longer I'll stay interested in that. The daily global competition was the driving force keeping me coming back again and again.