Universal Phoenix 2 (by Firi Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Jul 28, 2016.

1. Project2501

Project2501 New Member

Dec 13, 2016
    You're not Bloonstorm are you? Everyone's always welcome but it's true sometimes things are hectic.

2. Anotherkellydown

Anotherkellydown Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Bronze

No, I’m Anotherkellydown on Discord. I don’t get on much tbh, but I would like to become more involved at some point. Everyone seems alright, I think I just need to do some more research/reading. Like those shipmojis - some way of voting, or the ship you finished with.. seems fun for Phoenix 2 freaks like me o_O

I hope I can get back up to the 4S league again soon. All this time playing and I’ve only completed a 4S mission twice. Wish I had a new iPad for this. I actually prefer the iPhone 7+ (for this game) over my good ol’ iPad mini 2. The force-touch/3-D touch(?) is just perfect for using your special ability. I find myself dying often when trying to force touch on my mini 2. Ha

3. Project2501

Project2501 New Member

Dec 13, 2016
    What ships do you use mainly? The meta has certainly shifted away from sEMP to VL and CF. I'm a sucker for NC-271 so the recent IC dmg buff was a welcome change.

A bunch of people upload videos to help others or to get help. FSQ, SyzygySoldier, Elegator, Lie Algebra and Network2501 upload on a regular to semi regular basis.

https://www.youtube.com/results?sp=CAJCBAgBEgA%253D&search_query=game+phoenix+II

4. Zunda

Zunda Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2014
    How good are Apex Forms in ver. 4.0?
    Has anyone tried?

5. ZorakZoran

ZorakZoran Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2010
    France
    Didn't try, and the prices are so huge that it will be this way for another year I think...
    Honestly, I think I've spent around 60€ on the game since I've begun playing, because I play it everyday with great pleasure, but I don't think I want to spend the same amount just for one Apex form, this is ridiculous.

6. Anotherkellydown

Anotherkellydown Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Bronze

Phoenix 2 is now available on android devices! \o/ I can’t believe I’ve been playing this game daily for 7.5 years :eek: As Jared pointed out in his article, cross-play is also included, which is great!

7. Selachii

Selachii Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Nov 13, 2009
    Game Designer
    Netherlands
    Woah this thread brings back some epic memories! ❤️
    But yes, what @Anotherkellydown wrote is indeed correct! We finally undertook the huge task of rewriting the UI and parts of the game that relied on Apple's API's and UI frameworks. This enabled us to bring the game to Android, the two versions (iOS / Android) are identical. Later this year we are planning to add PC (via Steam) as well.

The "toucharcade" community in Phoenix 2 still exists and still has active players so don't hesitate to come and say hi :)

CygnetSeven and Anotherkellydown like this.