Universal Phoenix 2 (by Firi Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Jul 28, 2016.

1. TeddyBearM

TeddyBearM New Member

Jul 29, 2017
  2. Osterus

Osterus Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2011
    enjoying the update a lot more now I am getting used to it more

my new fav ship in the beetle ship: UHB

3. Destroytheself

Destroytheself Active Member

Feb 3, 2017
    Uhb is a really nice kit indeed!

4. repulser

repulser New Member

Aug 2, 2017
    U.K.
    Adverts ??

For the first time ever, today i was given an option to watch an advert in order to gain a free Phoenix revive. This happened a number of times and now I am no longer being given the advert option?

Can someone give me some details about what this is about so i can understand it?

Thanks in advance...

5. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Same. I got the ad option to revive, and personally, i didnt like it. Still one of my favorite games to play though, just had to ignore the new ad option.

6. repulser

repulser New Member

Aug 2, 2017
    U.K.
    I found it very handy. But I am frustrated that the advert option has disappeared now :(

Strangely there is an purchase option of 1 advert for 125 credits. Haven't got a clue what that's about either?!??!

7. Osterus

Feb 12, 2011
    Not a fan of the ads either.

It looks like the phoenix revive option was way too generous and now they are going the advert route.

Flashing dollar store, adverts, what next?

Watch ads to earn free coins? :confused::confused: This game is turning into a cash grab game and is slowly turning off putting.

8. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    It's normal for them to disappear. It's limited. It'll be back again on reset, just like in other games.

9. ThousandSon

ThousandSon Member

Feb 21, 2017
    Osterous, why are you always whining about the game? The ads are not forced on you. And what's so bad about hard working developers trying to gain a bit more profit?

10. Destroytheself

Feb 3, 2017
    Ads that are in no way forced on you and which do not obstruct anything, but offer you the option to get 125 credits or a revive? In other communities for Phoenix 2 this viewed as positive. F2Ps can contribute to the game's renevue a bit too and get some credits for it, meaning better chances of continued developer support for this great game.

11. Selachii

Selachii Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Nov 13, 2009
    Game Designer
    Netherlands
    We have slowly been experimenting with ads for the past few months. It is something we want to try, but we want the game experience to feel ad free for all intents and purposes. The ads are basically opt-in, not a glimpse of an ad is shown unless you ask for it via the respective buttons. We offer ads in 2 places: 1, when offered to revive, you can chose to watch an ad instead of using one of your revives. 2, in the shop a small amount of credits can be earned by watching an ad. Both of these ways have their caps and will show up in a limited fashion. We do not intend to force ads on players via interstitials or whatever, we don't like it when we encounter those in games either. However, we do want to offer an option for players to earn something extra if they are willing to watch an ad for it.

I hope this clears things up if they were confusing for you, but be sure to ask more questions of you have any. Thanks for the feedback.

12. Emuser

Emuser Well-Known Member

Aug 26, 2016
    #1032 Emuser, Aug 3, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2017
    I'm sort of surprised that people are surprised about the 125c per ad option given in the store now. It seems to refresh every 10 hours or so, so that's easily an extra 250c per day.

The ad option on revive is still in the same window as the revive option so it doesn't add additional obstruction to playing normally?

I dunno, these are both freebies thrown at people that have wanted an extra way of getting credits so I don't see what the issue is here.

13. repulser

repulser New Member

Aug 2, 2017
    U.K.
    Hi Selachi,

Yes, I like the way the adds are opt in, making it unobtrusive. I was enjoying using the adds to gain free revives and was on a roll and got into SS league. But then the adds seemed to stop or become very infrequent. Will you be able to make it so the add option becomes more frequent?

Thanks for clearing up the purchase option of an add for 125c; I thought I was being asked to pay 125c lol!!!

Have been enjoying this game for a while now. Can't stop playing it : )

14. Osterus

Feb 12, 2011
    I'm complaining about the ads.

It's called having an opinion. Some people enjoy having an "ad-free" game. I'm concerned about the direction this game is heading.

Others, like you, will enjoy games regardless of how many ads are in the game and will continue to do a happy dance if there are 100 more ads in the game.

*shrugs*

I'm not going to congratulate and pat the developers on the back if they keep putting more ads in the game and blinking buttons and cash grabs because it's not the direction I hoped this game was going for.

15. Osterus

Feb 12, 2011
    I've actually gotten used to the ads now.

Don't really care either way now imo.

16. Destroytheself

Feb 3, 2017
    Used to something which is invisible.. hmm, could it be.. that you watch them? Perhaps because they allow you do get things you previously couldn't, as in a free revive or extra credits?

Just messing with you, glad it doesn't bother you anymore. I get the general aversion to ads, I totally do.

What's your current favorite ship?

17. Osterus

Feb 12, 2011
    Currently enjoying Xaniea atm. (green spiffy alien ship)

Looking forward to what laser storm does in its ultimate stage.

18. As3Rg6

As3Rg6 New Member

Sep 10, 2017
    Hi!
    What are the best ship options for S/SS those days?
    Sry for my english im fr

19. Osterus

Feb 12, 2011
    Get Razor VI straight away - very good starter ship.

Other good ships include Trireme, Cinnri, Aurora, Juggernaut, Xaniea, Photourius, Exo4239

20. As3Rg6

As3Rg6 New Member

Sep 10, 2017
    #1040 As3Rg6, Sep 10, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2017
    Thank you!
    Forgot to mention that I have fully maxed: Trireme, Razor and Proxymar.
    I also have Heechi, Hime, Fujin and Yigothu as super-rare ships.
    Just finished the "toucharcade" community mission with the Razor VI and reached 6-4 with Trireme :/
    Probably buying aurora soon!

As3