Universal Phoenix 2 (by Firi Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Jul 28, 2016.

1. Destroytheself

Destroytheself Active Member

Feb 3, 2017
    Bumping for attention.

Hype train!

2. Osterus

Osterus Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2011
    Hopefully barrier is still OK after these nerfs :eek:

Inner Lining maybe makes it similar to before? :confused:

Still looking good and can't wait!

Question: Anyone know how much gold you get in D league or C league?

Thinking about just dropping down to D league if you get same gold in S league or SS league.

3. Destroytheself

Feb 3, 2017
    Tested by creating a new account. Completing D league gives you 140 credits..

Also, perhaps the changes mentioned in the previous page are already implemented in thursday's patch.

4. Selachii

Selachii Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Nov 13, 2009
    Game Designer
    Netherlands
    Anniversary Update available now!

The Anniversary update for Phoenix II is available worldwide. Glad to have you guys on board for a year. It's been fantastic and there will be many more years to come :) A -new game- amount of content has been added and the entire Ship interface has ben reworked to show more details about all the ships. Honestly, too much to mention. Full patch notes below!

5. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    Update is live!!

All I can say is:

HELL YEAH!

Billy

6. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    How is no one talking about this damn update?

Holy crap I love everything about it!!!!!!!! I dropped $20.

That's how much. I have so much to work for now. I love the new ships!

Billy

7. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Im only able to upgrade Juggernaut to max, but the ultimate skills felt unnoticeable.

I also maxed out a Kappa drive, but dont understand what Kappa Overdrive does

8. 7lilwhitewolf7

7lilwhitewolf7 Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2012
    Male
    Not hear on earth
    Georgia,Cleveland Ohio,Texas,New York
    ###Happy Anniversary Firi Games###

9. Osterus

Feb 12, 2011
    The first upgrade on all skills is NOT worth it. You get ~2% damage increase (30 to 31 damage) for a cost of over 1k gold wtf?

The game right now is way TOO BRIGHT. It's like a rave party on some of these ships e.g. Razor VI, Excarch. Seems like they want to blind our eyes so we can't fight monsters and make us spend money???

Jeez.

Really disappointed with this update. Really no noticeable differences in the ships I use. Wraith, X-81 and Scuuxun all seem sub C-tier ships.

The only nice upgrade seems to be Tracking Minigun. The rest are pointless and are make no noticeable difference.

Disappointed.

Expected more content this patch but instead got EXTREME COST upgrades for no noticeable difference other than cash grab and skills such as barrier being 10 times more brighter in order to burn our eyes and make it harder to see

10. Osterus

Feb 12, 2011
    #1010 Osterus, Jul 28, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2017
    Ended up upgrading Juggernaut and the damge output only increased by 1 but the shot is a tad bigger, so that's new.

Guess I will have to adjust to the brightness.. wish there was a way to revert the brightness back to previous patch because right now, game is almost unplayable.

edit: There's still no way to cancel the "Revive using a phoenix"???

Was really looking forward to a way to cancel this instead of wasting 4 seconds of our life waiting between games.... thought devs were going to put a way to cancel it in?

11. Destroytheself

Feb 3, 2017
    #1011 Destroytheself, Jul 28, 2017
    You have been able to bypass the revive tab by quickly tapping outside of it for some time now.

Concerning weapon upgrades 2-5% damage increase can make a lot of difference in this game, as experienced by some of the best players discussing this in other corners of the internet.

And I find some of the ultimates amazing. Reflex EMP bomb, insta MIRV-takeout, the ability to teleport on top of a cluster of bullets to delete them, StunEMP damage, Missile Swarm that never misses, bigger and better laser storm.

I hope you choose to stick with it, because the game seems better than ever to me, with some very wise balance choices that will promote more variety in ship usage as well.

12. Osterus

Feb 12, 2011
    this is something i did not know and very useful thanks.

but what is insta mirv takeout? what is mirv?

also how does reflex emp bomb work? I noticed UHB has it so is it just bullet emp + something else that clears bullets?

13. Destroytheself

Feb 3, 2017
    #1013 Destroytheself, Jul 28, 2017
    Glad to help!

MIRVs are those cluster bombs that detonate when you get close and then spread out. With point defense ultimate every mirv in your aura instantly vanishes with one press. It really distinguishes point defense from other abilities and is the perfect enhancement for it.

Reflex EMP bombs enemies in its radius with the ultimate upgrade! It's weaker than mega bomb and with half the radius, but it can take out the smallest enemies with one activation.

14. Osterus

Feb 12, 2011
    PogChamp

Orion seems like a decent ship then with point defense. Might give it a go.

I do play Sonah once in a while so will upgrade reflex emp and see how it goes.

I was kind of hoping mega bomb would get a lot stronger but i can never seem to get "fusion core damage" of 30 to work because this requires being so close to enemies? Mega bomb seems exactly the same lol

15. Destroytheself

Feb 3, 2017
    Yeah, Orion will probably be amazing in non-laser missions with the ultimate upgrades. So many ways to remove bullets!

I like that mega bomb requires some planning now, as opposed to something you could spam from any position with the same result. It will take time getting used to it, but I love it when stuff feels fresh again and I am challenged to improve my skills.

16. Jayg2015

Jayg2015 Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2015
    Male
    Player 1
    Liberty city
    Everything has ow been added that I've suggested during the beta stages and much more.
    This game is betting better and better

17. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    #1017 Exact-Psience, Jul 29, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2017
    Im really enjoying Yigothu a lot since the previous (not in this one, but this latest update takes this game to another level) update where Chrono Field makes your ship invincible inside the field. Still a slow ship in terms of completion speed, but it's just became really fun with the active skill combo. :D

Couple questions... What does the "Phase Out" ultimate for Chrono Field do? Same question for the "Max Damage" Ultimate for the reflex EMP, what does it do?

Thanks to those who can answer the question...

And huge thank you to Firi Games for all the updates Phoenix 2 has received! This anniversary update is awesome on so many levels. Havent touched any of the new ships yet coz i spent my resources to unlocking some ultimates, but im really looking forward to unlocking each of them. :)

18. Destroytheself

Feb 3, 2017
    Yigothu has truly become a beast with these last updates.

And with the ultimates.. oh my

Chrono field's ultimate allows you to stay invincible for 0.5 seconds after leaving the field. Enough to escape to someplace safe and maybe even collect some energy.

Reflex EMP's ultimate allows you to bomb within its radius! Takes out small enemies with ease, and Yigothu excels at setting it up.

You could take a look at my reddit post for first impressions on all ultimates:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Phoenix_2/comments/6qa8vh/ultimate_upgrades_first_impressions/?st=J5P5VET8&sh=ad3430e5

19. Selachii

Selachii Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Nov 13, 2009
    Game Designer
    Netherlands
    Thanks guys, glad you like it.

@EP: The Phase Out effect is what makes you invulnerable inside the Chrono Field. The Ultimate allows you to Phase Out for an additional 0.5s when leaving the Chrono Field or when it expires. Max damage for the Reflex EMP is not an entirely correct term. It's there because the EMP deals the damage to the targets. For other Aura EMP's we use the term Max Damage as it scales with the amount of energy that is put in, much like the range and durations that these Aura's can do. For the Reflex EMP it should simply say "Damage", noted and will be fixed.

20. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Thanks guys! Yigothu's slowly becoming a favorite these past couple updates.

And Trireme's teleport with EMP effect is pogchamp too! With the slowdown, you can place your TP EMP to where it can easily CREATE escape routes to setup for the next TP.