Universal Phoenix 2 (by Firi Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Jul 28, 2016.

1. BIGUY

BIGUY New Member

Jun 18, 2017
    Me and my son play and love this game! If anyone's would like to join our community it's The transformers

2. Osterus

Osterus Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2011
    any news on whats in store for june update?

really hope there are new ships as there is really nothing to spend money on

Getting close to 100 phoenixes too... :eek:

3. Selachii

Selachii Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Nov 13, 2009
    Game Designer
    Netherlands
    The plan is to have more than 1 new ship and some pretty big tweaks to one or two abilities :)

4. Osterus

Feb 12, 2011
    hype!

really hope the june update is going to be big!:D

rigth now, all i do is spend 2 minutes everyday to get to act 5 in SS missions so i stay in league lol.

really nothing to do... hoping for more content/ships ! or as mentioned, weekly missions!

5. BIGUY

BIGUY New Member

Jun 18, 2017
    The Phoenix War2 game is pretty cool me and my son like playing

6. Selachii

Patreon Silver

Nov 13, 2009
    Game Designer
    Netherlands
    I have some additional info to share about the June update. There will be 3 new ships to collect & upgrade and several balancing changes and improvements. One of which is the Personal Shield, which now works more like other Zen abilities and doesn't consume energy anymore.

Release the screen to start charging your Personal Shield. The shield charges really fast, even faster than the Reflex EMP. We also slow down time ever so slightly to help judge whether the shield will be in time to save you and we keep the reduced speed as long as the shield is active. The shield remains active for a good couple of seconds so it will be easy to block lasers. The shield expires when its timer runs out OR when the player starts moving and shooting again. So, you can use the shield to break through a wall off bullets and be done with it, or choose to ride it out for its entire duration if you need to catch a breath. Ranking up the shield increases its lifetime and reduces the charge time.

The new Personal Shield is much improved and I honestly can't wait to see what you guys will be able to accomplish with this :) <3

7. Osterus

Feb 12, 2011
    looking forward to this.. cant wait! :):D

now i gotta see which of my fav ships have personal shield lol

8. Destroytheself

Destroytheself Active Member

Feb 3, 2017
    The update is already available, Osterus!

9. Osterus

Feb 12, 2011
    hmm..

oh i see it now!

10. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    Ok,

First of all I really do love the changes. The effects of the chronology field are freaken fantastic! I love the visual effects of it as well. It works well with the reflex EMP as a set up.

I do love the new personal shield change as well. Nice job.

As to the new ships. I haven't gotten them yet. I'm going to drop $10 as I always do with every update and get them and leave feedback after I've fully upgraded them. I really love the idea of bringing ships from Phoenix HD into Phoenix II. It's fantastic!!!

Billy

11. Osterus

Feb 12, 2011
    Hmm I thought the June Update was mean't to be the big one?

Was kind of expecting a little more to be honest since the May one was only one ship.. so bit disappointed the content is still only 2 missions...

that said, a very big thank you for adding 3 new ships! finally something more to work towards! :D:D:D

12. Destroytheself

Feb 3, 2017
    The july update is the big one.

I'm very happy with this one, to me the chrono field and personal shield buffs are more exciting than the ships (even though the Trinity is so fun and UHB is exactly the type of kit I've wanted, so yeah, good update).

13. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    Ok,

I ended up dropping $10 on this update. However there's a few things. I still love the corsair more than anything. It is my favorite ship in Phoenix and it's now my favorite in Phoenix II.

With the Trinity I don't get why the devs decided to put the second and third power ups on it. It makes it a pretty worthless ship. I dropped the 3000 credits to unlock it but I really wish I didn't. They need to change the second ability to something else. It makes no sense to have the chrono field with the teleport. Unless someone can tell me of a magical strategy I'm not thinking about? I will rarely use this ship.

I really like the other two ships. The Uhb is my favorite of the two. It has nice abilities and an excellent main weapon.

What is everyone else's thoughts?

Billy

14. Destroytheself

Feb 3, 2017
    Haven't played much with Trinity yet, but I find that the new chrono field has nice synergy with most zen abilities and I imagine you could make good use of it by teleporting to areas with aura energy to immediately deploy a new field and give you breathing space.

But again, need more time with it. You've fully upgraded teleport, I assume? So much fun with that special shot.

15. Osterus

Feb 12, 2011
    The toucharcade community is getting pretty big now.

So has anyone tried any of the new 3 ships?

I am still trying to get the hang of corsair... seems pretty fun once in a while to play!

Really hope the July update is BIG! Can't wait! :cool:

16. Osterus

Feb 12, 2011
    A request:

After you finish 5-4, Is it possible to have an option where you choose to STAY IN LEAGUE?

I find it too difficult in SS league.

And earn even little in SSS league.

S league is the right spot for me.

In SS league, it's near impossible to get to stage 5 without try-harding, resulting in less money than S league no matter what.

In SSS league, same thing.

You should be able to stay in the league of your choice even if you beat the league... :mad::mad:

I hate accidentally beating S league and finding myself in the unforunate situation of trying to get to 5 stage in SS league and earning half the income that day.

17. Selachii

Patreon Silver

Nov 13, 2009
    Game Designer
    Netherlands
    We are aware of this situation and are looking into improving it. The bottomline is the reward, it should be more rewarding playing in the higher league, even if you can't complete it.

18. Destroytheself

Feb 3, 2017
    Most of the community discussions and interaction with the devs is happening on reddit and discord these days, but I thought I should post this here as well. Some news about the 3.0 update coming on the 27th:

In a previous post I linked to an article confirming 120fps for iPad pro devices and ultimate upgrades for abilities. We also know from the picture in this article that personal shield's ultimate will enable it to reflect lasers.

Since then one of the devs, who goes by edrijver here on Reddit, has revealed more stuff and given us a few hints in the Phoenix 2 discord group. Here's a summary of what we've learned:

- All abilities and weapons get an ultimate upgrade which becomes available after rank 5. What these cost is still unknown.

- The ultimate upgrade for weapons does not change their behaviour, but increases their damage.

- Some abilities get a "twist" with their ultimate upgrade, others simply get improved effectiveness.

- Missile swarm has been confirmed to get advanced targeting. This allows missiles to seek out new targets if a target is already killed, instead of flying off the screen.

- Upon death the Phoenix revive bar will now show you which act you will start in should you choose to revive.

- A hint has been provided regarding mega laser's ultimate: "it's the return of an old friend, but maybe not -that-one". Perhaps something from the first Phoenix game? UPDATE: After some probing it seems "the old friend" is one of two traits the mega laser had back in the day: namely to be able to movw while using it, and a wider laser. My guess is that the wider laser is returning as an ultimate upgrade.

- All we know about teleport's ultimate is that Trinity will get the same ultimate as the others

- Also on the Instagram account of the guy working on sound effects for the game, a new ship can be seen on his screen.

- Barrier will take less laser damage before getting destroyed.

19. Osterus

Feb 12, 2011
    All abilities and weapons get an ultimate upgrade which becomes available after rank 5. What these cost is still unknown.

OMG.. so hype for dis.

But barrier nerf?? Nooo

still excited! can't wait --- almost end of july!!

20. Selachii

Patreon Silver

Nov 13, 2009
    Game Designer
    Netherlands
    Barrier Ultimate upgrade reveal!

The Barrier took relatively little damage from lasers, this has been corrected. We also adjusted the damage of a MIRV bomb hitting the barrier, this used to do the same amount of damage as a regular bullet, now it is slightly more.

Speaking of Barrier, I'm sure you guys are curious what the Ultimate upgrade will be so here's your -exclusive reveal-.
    Barrier receives an upgrade called 'Inner Lining'. This is essentially an extra layer that protects the inside of the Barrier from bullets that hit it from the inside. Inner Lining has its own strength to block a certain amount of damage but otherwise despawns when the main Barrier does.

And this is what it looks like, enjoy!

Attached Files: