Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Jul 28, 2016.
I hate you El... Im now on iOS9 coz i know this game would be worth the time spent to upgrade.
Hahaha!!! Yay!! \o/
Carter Dotson said he would mention the main community name in a write up he's doing.
I'll be joining "toucharcade" as soon as it lets me. Seems you have to wait until the current community mission is done before leaving a community...
Maybe my wife will let me play it on her phone... my '5 can't handle it. Is it wrong to secretly wish your phone would break so you could get a new one?
I agree on that part. Enemies should spawn higher and you should atleast get half of the screen to avoid stuff. Love the game though!
You mean it "accidentally" fell in water....
I notice the warp timer keeps doubling. What's the max time on it?
This game is lovely and beautiful! Highly recommended downloading just a couple of minor changes that I think should happen.
1. Device support. Yes I understand that the game works on metal graphics, but it would be awesome if there were OpenGL graphics. My iPad 4 runs every game smooth (modern combat 5 for example) at 60fps so it will easily run Phoenix 2 hd. However this isn't something that NEEDS to happen, it will just allow more people to play the game.
2. Enemies spawn too low on the screen. Some waves the enemies spawn so low on the screen you practically have no space to avoid anything. Maybe it's possible on the iPad but on the iPhone it's almost impossible.
3. All enemies have targeted attacks instead of patterns. Most bullet hell games have some kind of patterns which you would have to learn to beat. Right now it feels like there is no pattern and it's all about power up timing. Because of this some waves are basically impossible. There are way too many bullets and if you don't have a power up ready, you've lost.
4. Needs a better tutorial explaining what all the abilities do. Kinda confused what half of the abilities on the ships do, would be nice if there was a more indepth tutorial rather than just some words.
5. Battery drain. My battery is dead very fast. This game could do with a low power mode which reduces the graphics and FPS.
Overall 'm loving this game so much! Yes you do need Internet connection but it takes no data. From hours of playing on 4g it didn't even take away 1mb. Highly recommended downloading.
Ps grats on getting on the "new best games" page on the AppStore!
Not to try and overly spam the thread in a row here.
How is everyone liking the ships they've gotten so far?
NC-150, Tempest, Vuxine for me.
The Vux is definitely my best ship though point defense has taken some getting used to. It has a homing launcher, the travel time has to be taken into account for the projectiles.
That's also what i meant in my previous post, you explain it in better terms
^You guys realize that it's a standard in the shmup genre that enemies can even spawn from behind, right?
My favourite so far is the JN'DUR
I love the circle you can spawn and if any Bullets hit it, they will be cancelled.
Mega bomb on the ship takes too long to charge though. So I'm guessing there's a better one for me later
Edit : found one I like/want. The GORTHAUR looks like a beast with barrer AND personal shield.
I don't like it very much. I miss the energy bar of the original phoenix and the strategy of destroy turrets for health, the possibility of the suicide tactics to recover after.
For me phoenix 2 is too shallow, just runs of a coupke of minutes, one shot and you are dead. No strategy at all.
I personally like only having one life. Makes the game much more challenging than Phoenix 1.
But yeah I have to agree with the strategy part. Would be awesome if some of the waves actually had a strategy which you'd have to learn in order to beat it. However I don't agree with your other points, for example I prefer having 1-3minute runs instead of 10-30min+ runs like on Phoenix HD.
Uh... Why am i not gaining cash anymore?
I think you mean you cant find a strategy to not get hit.
I really enjoy the game. I also miss the health bar, although I think that the aura and the many upgrade possibilities make more than up for the lack of health.
Need to play more to fully understand the mechanics and progression system, but so far it is a joy to play. I really think that this is not a replacement for part 1 of phoenix but a different take on the game that works just great in combination with the classic.
you get cash from what i can tell if you beat your previous run. so you are also challenging your own score each run to keep getting cash. I think if you complete the community thing it will give you more money too i am not sure.
I think they should add credits for every bullet destroyed in the big blue shield thing be a good way to get credits and fair since there is not always a ton of bullets to absorb.
Wow... Well that sucks... My second run got me to 14/20, and ive been stuck there without earning a thing.
This game is so hard. But I like it. I just feel like I need to get better. I do wish I earned money on every run.
Hell I'd be happy with 5-10c for every run where I failed to beat my score. Just enough of an incentive