Universal Phoenix HD - Bullet hell Shooter by Firi Games

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Aug 12, 2011.

1. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    That revive is a single use and costs a whopping 2,500 coins. Even with the coin triplet it's just not feasible. I'd like a permanent solution. And I actually like to just keep going. I play for fun. Sometimes I go pretty far after reviving. Sometimes I get in the zone.

Billy

2. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Sooooo, I just got a 6S, and Phoenix was the very first game I wound up installing on it...

I... love it. Love love love it. Being able to play with one thumb is awesome. The graphics are (as always) so badass...
    THANK YOU for optimizing this for the newer devices. =oD

3. Selachii

Selachii Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Nov 13, 2009
    Game Designer
    Netherlands
    You are most welcome Syntheticvoid :) We also think the force press works really well and makes the experience all the better. It will play a big part in Phoenix 2 as well, in a similar way! Non 3D-touch iPhones will still use the 2nd finger tap.

Glad you still like our game <3 We'll definitely keep it up to date and are planning to add new ships as well. After Phoenix 2 though.

4. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Of course I still LOVE your game!!! This thing is NEVER comin off my devices. An OS update that breaks it is gonna be where I stop upgrading my phones. =oP

It'll look mighty pretty sitting next to Phoenix 2 when its released...

Anyway... Can I start a movement to down vote some of these ridiculous iTunes reviews in the US store...? Some friggn people... =o/

5. Nekko

Nekko Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2014
    Tokyo-3
    Love this game so much. Trinity and Shogun ships are incredibly fun to play. Managed to get top in the leaderboards for my home town for all of the ships. Not that inpressive, to be honest, since there's like only 5 of us playing here :p

6. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    We appear to have similar tastes. Great game. Bought all the ships over time. One of the better SHMUPS in the app store.

7. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    What's the time frame on Phoenix HD 2?

I can't wait!

Billy

8. Selachii

Patreon Silver

Nov 13, 2009
    Game Designer
    Netherlands
    Thanks for the kind words guys, it's so great to see Phoenix HD is a part of your gaming libraries/lives <3 :)

We are aiming for a summer release for Phoenix 2. I guess it's time to start an under-development thread. Here's a little taste!

Al very much work in progress!

Attached Files:

9. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Wow... That looks fantastic. Phoenix HD is still my favorite shmup on iOS, im glad the sequel is getting closer.

10. 7lilwhitewolf7

7lilwhitewolf7 Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2012
    Male
    Not hear on earth
    Georgia,Cleveland Ohio,Texas,New York
    You too m'Lord EP. How can one stop reading and start playing games cuz of great TouchArcadian's postz? Iz there a club for this kind of thing?

11. Jayg2015

Jayg2015 Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2015
    Male
    Player 1
    Liberty city
    Phoenix 2 makes me cherish this game even more. Reinstalled and loving this original in the series .
    Love the grind

12. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
    #72 Royce, Jul 29, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2016
    There was actually just plain Phoenix before Phoenix HD and while that transitioned into this game, it was really a significantly different experience.

[​IMG]

13. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    You know I was rating Phoenix 2 and decided to rev this one up. This game really is just awesome. Phoenix 2 has nothing on this. I was happy to spend money in this game. It's a fun grind. There's real progression. I really hope the devs take some of the elements that make this game amazing and implement it into Phoenix 2.

Billy

14. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    I just had an epic run. I figured 7 million score would get me the number 1 spot. Lol nope. I am number 2 in my town. Damnit lol

Billy

15. mj132

mj132 Well-Known Member

Oct 2, 2013
    United Kingdom
    Sad to say you are right and I was so looking forward to the follow up but the game play is a big let down, does look awesome mind. Back to playing the first one for me.

16. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    Firi,

Since you've said you won't be bringing elements from this game into Phoenix 2 are there plans to do anymore with this one? I would absolutely love to see more fighters or something. Since the 2 games are different, and I've spent money in both, I'll be playing both. I'd be willing to pay for more content updates. It's worth it.

Billy

17. Selachii

Patreon Silver

Nov 13, 2009
    Game Designer
    Netherlands
    We recently updated the engine to bring it on par with Phoenix 2 behind the scenes. On that note, a couple of bugs snuck in which will be fixed in an update this week :)

We are working on some big features for Phoenix 2 first, but we also have plans for Phoenix HD. As support for older devices (think iPhone 4 etc) is slowly being dropped we will also be able to improve the visuals and work with more modern technologies, which in turn saves us time. Regardless we intend keep both Phoenix HD and Phoenix 2 updated alongside each other.

I have a design for a ship which I think is very different and ambitious. I am not sure if this particular one will work out, but know that we are thinking about new ship additions for Phoenix HD.

18. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    Oh hell yeah!

You just made my damn day!

I bought the package that includes all fighters but I'd be willing to pay for further fighters. I'd pay for further content. It would be worth it to me. This game is just as awesome now as it was that first day I played it. I love this game. It's one of my favorite Shoot'em ups of all time and I'm not just saying that. You know I'm critical of things when I want to be. Lol.

At first I wanted elements from this game brought into Phoenix II but if you plan to update both then it's actually good to leave them completely different games. I see now why you have done what you've done.

Billy

19. Lockyn

Lockyn Member

Mar 18, 2017
    Lol, I remember that. I'm pretty sure firi Games removed the old version from the App Store. The old version had different wave backgrounds, and there were only four unlockable ships. I miss the old Phoenix tbh