Universal Phoenix HD - A Modern Arcade Shmup (by Firi Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by killercow, Aug 11, 2011.

1. kevlar x

kevlar x Well-Known Member

Feb 11, 2009
    Wales,uk
    I think we should take this to PM as we're clogging up the phoenix thread.

2. kevlar x

Feb 11, 2009
    Wales,uk
    Q about the IAP, is it device or account specific? i.e. if I buy it on my iphone 4 will I have to buy it again on my ipad 2?

3. FPE

FPE Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2010
    World, now Belgium
    Did a first real attempt to play the new version (poor score of 700k so far from my 2.5M best) and I have to say this version is WAYYYY better!
    Great job guys!

4. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    yeah, I've played about 30 games on the new HD build... and have only broke 2 million once... down from my 4 million high score in the latest version of the original build... =oP

This HD version seems more balanced and like the difficulty keeps going up after 1 million... is it just my imagination... or did you guys make it that way?

5. FPE

FPE Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2010
    World, now Belgium
    I found it easier till I broke the 500k then I felt somewhat more of a bullet hell!

:D

6. killwhitey

killwhitey Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    as with all IAPs (except for consumable IAPs, obviously) it's account-based. you may have to click the "buy" button again, but then it'll tell you that you've already bought that item, and it'll ask you if you'd like to download it again for free.

one of the many perks of universal apps! if they were two different apps (one for iphone, one for ipad) then yeah, you'd have to buy them twice.

7. Ellipsis

Ellipsis Member

Mar 14, 2011
    Any plans on a Mac OS version?

8. sapphire_neo

sapphire_neo Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2011
    My highest score has been 2.9mil so far, broke 2mil about 3 times since then but not 3mil :( One with Mirage, twice with Corsair and once with Phoenix.

9. kevlar x

Feb 11, 2009
    Wales,uk
    Thanks.

10. WCFields

WCFields Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2009
    steel worker
    ?????

if i purchased all 3 iap's for the first one, will i have repurchase them for this version? anyone know?

11. flameon

flameon Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2011
    yeah, they stated this many times. its a different game altogether. :/ (there were only 2 iaps for the first one right)?

12. WCFields

WCFields Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2009
    steel worker
    ok thanks

13. geremy

geremy Well-Known Member

May 3, 2010
    Are some of the bullets 'magnetic'? It seems like they are just drifting aimlessly and as I get close to them change direction and hit me?

14. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    I tried it at lunch, never having played a past version and, I don't know, seems pretty repetitive. You just get ship after ship. Is there anything more to it then that? Is there an end, or is this an endless type game?

15. FPE

FPE Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2010
    World, now Belgium
    It is an endless game where every game is different as in randomised ... But I think itbmight be not of your taste as the basic idea is killing ship after ship!

16. flameon

flameon Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2011
    endless. if you're into this type of stuff its for you, if not well, you didnt spend any money so. ;)

17. Delusionaltool

Delusionaltool Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    ohio
    Sellachi are Those screen shots from the ipad 2 version ? i really need to get a ipad 2 cause those look sick as hell.. i want it too look like that on my ipod touch 4!!!

18. Selachii

Selachii Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Nov 13, 2009
    Game Designer
    Netherlands
    iPad 2 yes.

19. kevlar x

Feb 11, 2009
    Wales,uk
    Don't know if this has been said already but it looks like the free with IAP model has proven successful, I just posted a near zero score to see how low the leaderboards went and I came in at 150k, so thats atleast 150000 people have bought the highscore pack. Obviously there is no way to determine how many IAP ships have been bought.

20. userfume

userfume Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2010
    I think that's because it shares leaderboards with the original phoenix