Universal Phoenix HD - A Modern Arcade Shmup (by Firi Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by killercow, Aug 11, 2011.

1. kevlar x

kevlar x Well-Known Member

Feb 11, 2009
    Wales,uk
    Logged in and out of appstore but still getting the same error;

' This is not a test user account
    please create a new account in the sandbox environment.
    [ Environment:Sandbox ] '

Anyone know whats going on here? I've been jb'd for a while and never seen this before.

2. flameon

flameon Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2011
    Got the same doing a beta test, but i deleted the beta and i also created a sandbox. Try creating a sandbox and logging in/out again into g/c.

Ps: bought the iap cause this game is awesome

3. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Oh... My... Friggin... GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!!!! WoW!!! The whole time I played the hd build for the first time, my mouth was just hanging open!!! HOLY CRAPOLA!!!! You... Guys... Have... AMASTERPIECE on your hands!!!

4. RCranium666

RCranium666 Well-Known Member

May 28, 2010
    Game Impressions

Initial impressions. Love the colors, backgrounds, particle effects, explosions, pulsing bullet bombs. Suggested improvements,reduce size of bullets, increase number of bullets. Can't purchase ships or online capability. Looks better in iphone4. Can't wait until iPad with retina is available. Game looks amazing on both devices. Extremely immersive on iPad, sharper on iphone4.:cool:

5. sapphire_neo

sapphire_neo Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2011
    OMFG Phoenix HD looks so incredible on iPad2. Love the Corsair missile trails and that gatling gun :eek: Bought the pass, the ships... anything else you guys want to sell to me?!

6. sapphire_neo

Jan 20, 2011
    And the game is indeed severely crash prone, unplayable really on iPod Touch 4G. Crashes on startup, on ship selection, doesn't even proceed to the actual game. I think this might have to do with memory management, as I've seen numerous apps crash on touch4g's because devs overlooked the lack of RAM on this device compared to iPhone4.

7. kevlar x

kevlar x Well-Known Member

Feb 11, 2009
    Wales,uk
    Obviously I'm a bit thick, what does that even mean ?' create a sandbox ' ???

8. eev

eev Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2009
    Germany
    it seems like controls are improved in this version. nice visuals are cool but i think the game needs a bit more enemies, also weapon upgrades are kind of useless, because the are a lot of weapon drops and game difficulty scales more or less on the same level. question about iaps, do other ships have own leaderboards or not, because it seems like they are more powerful than the default one.

9. sapphire_neo

Jan 20, 2011
    Ok, after some trial and error it seems the game will run on touch4g as long as WiFi is disabled... which is :( because now I'm stuck with the free version and can't unlock my iAP.

10. Delusionaltool

Delusionaltool Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    ohio
    Ive been playing on my iPod touch 4 all night no crash or nothing did you restart your device and are you on latest 4.3 update

11. sapphire_neo

Jan 20, 2011
    I restarted the device, but I'm on 4.1, which shouldn't be a problem because the game requires 4.0.

12. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    #32 syntheticvoid, Aug 12, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2011
    Having ZERO problems on my device... 4th gen touch running 4.3, non jailbroken...

I've been playing all night with not one crash or even sign of slowdown...

13. sapphire_neo

Jan 20, 2011
    The crashes apparently had something to do with Gamecenter. I logged out and then back in and now the game is working fine :D Sorry for the false alarm guys ^.^; The game seems so different on the two devices, just the shift of scale from 3.5" to 10".

14. gunxsword

gunxsword Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2010
    Sydney
    Complaint: the background changes faster than in the beta build. The missile alpha strikes imo looks bad... benefiting from the bigger missile design. Mirage's big laser is still looks the same (or is it? I can't tell).

15. Selachii

Selachii Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Nov 13, 2009
    Game Designer
    Netherlands
    Hey guys, thanks for the positive responses and suggestions on more content! As you know from our Phoenix track-record, we will keep working on it :)

For those of you that have problems, I understand it helps to log out of Game Center and/or App Store and not log back in, but simply start the game. It should all run fine and prompt you for a login if required. Let me know if it helps or if you still experience problems.

Have fun setting High Scores!

16. sapphire_neo

Jan 20, 2011
    On the iPad sometimes a sound effect will get stuck after a game ends, and it doesn't go away unless you restart the app. Not a big issue, but worth noting. And it would be great if you add an option to use the powerup as soon as you get hit, instead of just at the killing blow.

17. Crumplezone

Crumplezone Member

Aug 11, 2011
    Finally I can play, thanks sapphire_neo. Signing out of Game Center works for me.

18. sapphire_neo

Jan 20, 2011
    You're welcome :) I love this game so much, can't help sharing the joy ^.^

19. gunxsword

gunxsword Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2010
    Sydney
    Nice promotion technique :p

20. userfume

userfume Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2010