Universal Phoenix 2 (by Firi Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Jul 28, 2016.

1. ovalprocess

ovalprocess Well-Known Member

May 13, 2010
    Southern California
    Agree with you about Yigothu. Beautiful to look at, underpowered to use.

Hope tweaks are made to make Yigothu S+ Tier capable.

2. Lockyn

Lockyn Member

Mar 18, 2017
    If they did do that, they would have to buff chrono Field or reflex EMP. If they didn't do that, but increased the damage of Zatha Probes, it would still be kind of bad for an S League.

3. Osterus

Osterus Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2011
    Seems like most popular ship is.. the RAZOR VI?

I really want the Cinnri but it's damn expensive at 3k

Also really WISH we could see leaderboard without dying and seeing it... i want to see what ships other people use to so would be nice to click and see the name instead of trying to judge it by looking at outline pattern....

4. Osterus

Feb 12, 2011
    New player here.

About gold farming, is it best to try to increase rank? I am in league C and will be in B tomorrow, but not sure how best to gold farm?

Also we can only play 1 community mission and 1 daily mission a day for gold?

Anyone have any tips and is there a bigger community than toucharcade?

5. Emuser

Emuser Well-Known Member

Aug 26, 2016
    You will earn more gold and exp per daily mission at higher ranks, so it is in your best interest to rank up. Up to 600? gold per community mission if you clear that. It isn't much, but you will also earn 100 gold whenever you level up as well so at lower levels you can easily level up a few times a day. Most of the gold definitely comes from the daily missions, so there is a bit of a waiting game to be had unless you are willing to throw down some money for gold.

6. Phrog

Phrog Member

Feb 23, 2017
    sad person
    Yigothu, in my opinion, is a very good ship that could go from S League and beyond. It has a good amount of damage and a reliable defense system. The only negative aspect I see to the Yigothu is the delayed firepower, as the shots move quite slowly.

7. Osterus

Feb 12, 2011
    Thankyou for this.

What is everyones fav ships?

8. Emuser

Emuser Well-Known Member

Aug 26, 2016
    #808 Emuser, Mar 23, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2017
    Favorite "Tryhard" Ship: Photurius
    Favorite overall: Proxymar
    Favorite New Ship: Proteus

It's hard to just pick a few ships as favorites. Proxymar is the first ship that I originally loved at first sight, Photurius is when I'm done messing around and want to beat a mission, and Proteus is one of the newer ships that I have an odd fascination for. It's delayed weapon fire makes it incredibly bad for taking out one small popcorn enemy at times, but playing my daily mission today I ended up getting 2nd with it in a mass of Cinnris, Razors, Auroras. If there are lots of mid size enemies and some largest enemies, Proteus is insanely powerful.

9. Osterus

Feb 12, 2011
    Wow interesting!

I will look out for proteus..

I got a duplicate ship 3 times in a row.. really disheartening getting a measly 50 chips

Plus I only have 3 ships...

Must be really common to get the really bad ships? Please STOP giving me the super ugly fugly OGON...

OMG!

10. Lockyn

Lockyn Member

Mar 18, 2017
    Favorite ship was formerly Trireme, EX0, then Aurora

11. Lockyn

Lockyn Member

Mar 18, 2017
    Yigothu's projectiles aren't delayed anymore when they're fully upgraded, which mine is right now. It literally fills the whole screen up with bullets

12. Osterus

Feb 12, 2011
    OMG 3x OGON

2x TAR'CAH

i only have 3 ships and I keep getting these crap dupes ?????

Is the chance of OGON like 50% or something? FML

13. Emuser

Emuser Well-Known Member

Aug 26, 2016
    Sounds like bad luck.

Unfortunately the 2.0 update sort of wrecked the laser storm ships by both decreasing the active time of laser storm and the damage output of it as well. I was originally pretty psyched for Ogon and Elyon after the Kappa Drive buff, but the power creep sort of left Laser Storm ships in the dust. It would be cool to see Laser Storm get a slight increase in damage later to promote more options.

14. Phrog

Phrog Member

Feb 23, 2017
    sad person
    Each upgrade of the Yigothu either adds more bullets ore adds new bullets. Some of the new bullets added (Specifically the dark blue ones) are very fast. This partially removes the damage delay, but isn't exactly a 100% removal, as it takes time for the purple/light blue bullets to reach their target

but it does look really nice watching the bullets wind their way all over the screen, heheh

15. Phrog

Phrog Member

Feb 23, 2017
    sad person
    Mine are Aurora, Yigothu, and Razor IV.

16. Osterus

Feb 12, 2011
    So what are the meta ships everyone uses now? Seems like aurora is very popular.

I just got another dupe today. Over 5 dupes in a row... if I get another ogun or czah or tar cah I'm going to throw my phone!

seriously it is like warp gate is weighted towards the super duper ugly fugly ships I hate it :eek::eek:

Where are my aurora dupes plzzz

17. Osterus

Feb 12, 2011
    Yigothu looks super fun

I had to buy my razor Iv. Lucky it is cheap.

With my luck once I get yigothu they going to nerf the crap out of it!!

:eek::eek::eek::eek:

18. Osterus

Feb 12, 2011
    OGON
    TARCAH
    OGON
    TARCAH
    TEMPEST
    OGON
    TAR
    OGON
    TEMPEST
    OGON

FINALLY

GOT MY NEW SHIP
    VANI VITH!!!

gOSH IS WARP gate this bad for everyone else???

19. CaviarAndCream

CaviarAndCream New Member

Mar 23, 2017
    Where's the Phoenix I? (Is there?)

20. Osterus

Feb 12, 2011
    theres a ship called Phoenix. Dunno if it's any good though cuz I get dupes every 12 hours with only 4 or 5 ship roster.............