Universal Phoenix 2 (by Firi Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Jul 28, 2016.

1. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    Bite your fingers. I love personal shield.

Billy

2. PROXYMAR

PROXYMAR Active Member

Nov 23, 2016
    My opinion reflected that I like offensive weapons so this game does have serious balance issues that I pay no attention to those defensive ships...

3. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    Hehe with a forum name of Proxymar I would expect nothing less!

Billy

4. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    That means you also recognize how the screen shake makes it difficult, but choose to keep it since it looks and feels cooler. ;)

5. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    Oh definitely. I've died from the screen shakes. Lol. I've cursed at the screen shakes. I've vowed to punch the devs in the face because of the screen shakes.

But I like them. Hehehe

Billy

6. Mrbestapps

Mrbestapps Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2015
    Finally maxed out my cinnri ship. I'm so disappointed. Because it always attacks enemies, the screen ALWAYS shakes a lot. Fitting between small gaps is almost impossible for me now. Maybe I just need some practice I guess. A gameplay video I saw on YouTube with the cinnri hardly shook. I guess the shaking got increased.

Oh btw I found a major bug. Where's the best place to privately contact you?

7. Selachii

Selachii Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Nov 13, 2009
    Game Designer
    Netherlands
    Not all ships are equal. Defensive should be easier to play while offensive is a bit harder but give better clear times. The weapon system of each ship determines the "character" so they are meant to feel different. "Obsolete" is never the intention, but that sounds a bit extreme, I'll check :) . We keep an eye on all the ships and tweak where appropriate.

Not that I can remember.
    You can always mail [email protected], my colleague and I receive all messages sent there. Cheers :)

8. Mrbestapps

Mrbestapps Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2015
    Sent

9. PROXYMAR

PROXYMAR Active Member

Nov 23, 2016
    #709 PROXYMAR, Dec 28, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2016
    Just my opinion, Vorpal Lance is a great weapon, but it travels so fast that it actually does little damage to a single enemy. And it loads way too slow. Phalanx has a very reasonable loading time.

As for ships I really like Gladius, but it's shots' arc is a bit too large that I still need to move left and right quite a lot, which I think is not intended for this ship. It does not have a defensive weapon so it should be more offensive. Also inTier I, Razor feels much more powerful, and is actually overpowered. The ships do need some tuning.

However it's up to the developers I think...

10. Selachii

Patreon Silver

Nov 13, 2009
    Game Designer
    Netherlands
    @Mrbestapps: Thanks :)

@Proxymar: Regardless of the traveling speed of the Vorpal Lance, it simply pierces each target once. It is strong, but it's strength is in hitting multiple enemies with 1 shot.

In other news, we found a bug, a bug that concerns the Missile Swarm. We were quite puzzled the Missile Swarm was performing as bad as it did. According to our balancing it should have been reduced, but it seemed to perform even worse than intended. We found a bug that caused the entire ability to perform incorrectly, it shot less missiles and it did not improve while ranking up.

On one hand we are sad there was a bug, on the other hand I am relieved the bad performance was not caused by our balancing changes.

The best news, this bug could be solved server side so since this past friday evening we have deployed it. Starting the game now will automatically fix the Missile Swarm and improve its performance to our intended strength. If you have Phoenix 2 running in the background all the time you will need to quit it and re-launch it to force the server side fix. It will all happen automatically, there are no messages or downloads.

Enjoy :)

11. Cyanid

Cyanid New Member

Oct 23, 2016
    Germany
    I noticed the change on the missile swarm when i played my Exo yesterday. It was actually a lot of fun using the missile swarm. Its not op as earlier but that makes it even more fun in my opinion. Nice work actually finding and fixing that bug lol. Before that fix it was just awful.

12. PROXYMAR

PROXYMAR Active Member

Nov 23, 2016
    Geist or Trireme?

13. Selachii

Patreon Silver

Nov 13, 2009
    Game Designer
    Netherlands
    I prefer aiming weapons myself so I would say Geist ;)

14. PROXYMAR

PROXYMAR Active Member

Nov 23, 2016
    Wow, love the new update! Finally, the balancing is much better. More ships appear on the score board! Trireme is back... for now.
    The music seems to be randomly selected each time the game fires up. Can you make it stick to one until the player switches the music? Thanks!

15. dika27

dika27 Member

Oct 15, 2016
    Economy staff, hotelier
    Jakarta
    Finally seen trireme on the top ten rank

16. RLH

RLH New Member

Jan 19, 2017
    So, should I upgrade the app or not?

It sounds like EX04239 has been nerfed. I've loved me some EX04239. It's the best ship in the game in 2.0.1.

17. Selachii

Patreon Silver

Nov 13, 2009
    Game Designer
    Netherlands
    The Mega Laser has been reduced in width, but its attack power is still the same. The EXO4239 was not adjusted individually.

After a short grace period the update will be mandatory so it is not really a choice :)

In the mean time we are hard at work on a new update that will introduce a couple of new ships and probably a new ability as well as several other new things :)

18. Cyanid

Cyanid New Member

Oct 23, 2016
    Germany
    Wow you re really quick with the updates. Nice work there. I actually didnt like the first Phoenix that much but i couldnt stop playing Phoenix 2 since its release. Visuals and sound awesome with smooth gameplay and big variety of ships.
    The only thing missing for me is community interaction since the only thing we can see about a player is his score in the current mission only. Will there be an update on this aswell ?

19. PROXYMAR

PROXYMAR Active Member

Nov 23, 2016
    Didn't check the previous posts, but can anyone tell whether using the Zen ability nullifies time? And how does it work?

20. PROXYMAR

PROXYMAR Active Member

Nov 23, 2016
    #720 PROXYMAR, Jan 29, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2017
    Don't know if it's intentional, but you can still die on top of a destroyed turret. I know since PHOENIX 1 the player receives damage on top of active turrets (and the destroyed ones can still damage the player, which I think should be adjusted ). After they are destroyed the hole left behind is supposed to be harmless. I think this should be adjusted. Touching a destroyed turret should not kill the player.
    Hope it can be adjusted but if the developers say "it is high in temperature and can still kill the player" I will say nothing.