Universal Phoenix 2 (by Firi Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Jul 28, 2016.

1. Emuser

Emuser Well-Known Member

Aug 26, 2016
    Uh yea good luck on this daily everyone lol.

Attached Files:

2. Patashu

Patashu Well-Known Member

Yup that's where I got stuck too LOL.

3. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Same... But im happy as long as im still on S Rank for tomorrow. LOL

4. Zaferion

Zaferion New Member

Oct 5, 2011
    <YOTH HOLA INTENSIFIES>

But anyway.

Hi guys! This is my first time here, though I've been playing (and in the in game community lol) for a while. I've got Yoth Hola, Trireme, Xaniea (why?? i never use this ship), and Gladius maxed and I'm curious because I haven't played in a couple months: did Trireme get nerfed with 2.0 or am I imagining things?

Furthermore, can Cinnri please stop? The top 10 for the past week almost has been solid Cinnri.

5. Emuser

Emuser Well-Known Member

Aug 26, 2016
    #665 Emuser, Dec 14, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2016
    Hey Zaferion, welcome and no you're not imagining things. The 2.0 update dropped almost a week ago, and it lead to some huge changes, the biggest of which missile swarm was majorly nerfed. I'm sure you can see the behavior on them is different now, it is pointless to use until you have a maximum sized salvo ready to use.

With the mega laser buff and stun EMP still being pretty good, Cinnri climbed to the top since it was pretty good before the update and everything else above it got nerfed hard enough for that to happen.

6. Mrbestapps

Mrbestapps Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2015
    Bugfix update is out!

7. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    #667 LordShad0wz, Dec 14, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2016
    Did today's update touch the missile swarm because it's still very useless? I used the Trireme today and I hit a large mothership with a full strike and it didn't even come close to knocking it out. The next game I used the mega laser, and that's after today's update, and it blasted that same ship out of the sky no problem.

Missile swarm is so worthless now.

Billy

8. Mrbestapps

Dec 9, 2015
    I agree. It needs to be reverted to the old one with maybe 20% less dmg.

But the bug fixes are good

9. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    I changed my post because I just don't understand how they could leave missile swarm so nerfed. I thought it was supposed to be fixed today but when you look at the change log it only mentioned the mega laser. So I wasn't sure and changed my post. I don't remember which wave it was but it was the community mission where there's one huge ship in front and two smaller in back of it. If you use missile swarm right up against the big ship it won't even dent it. Go again and use the mega laser and it blasts it apart and will take out one of the ships if it's hovering behind it. That's after today's update.

I hope Selachii clears this up.

Billy

10. Patashu

Patashu Well-Known Member

Daily #349 S league beaten in 2 tries with Razor VI. This was a fun mission! The Mega Laser changes make it feel fair and fun to use.

Seconding the others saying Missile Swarm should be buffed at last a little.

I would also like to see 'zen abilities are active when you start the mission' brought back for everything except Teleport and Personal Shield. Sometimes it's optimal to use them on 1-1, and it's fiddly to have to nudge your ship a tiny amount at the start.

11. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    Yea I blasted right through today's daily with the Razor as well as with the Yoth Hola. The Yoth kicks butt but it doesn't do it as fast.

That Razor is a beast. So is the Fujin. I really enjoy using the Fujin now and I didn't at all before. The Mega laser feels right. But the missile swarm is useless.

Where are ya Selachii!!! Hehe

Billy

12. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Yeah... Really sad the Missile swarm got nerfed too hard into uselessness. It needed its damage reduced a bit, not make the missiles miss. I realize the missiles disappear a couple seconds after launch, and they dont always land on a target when it circles around it, it just fizzles. Or is it just me?

13. PROXYMAR

PROXYMAR Active Member

Nov 23, 2016
    #673 PROXYMAR, Dec 15, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2016
    I prefer the previous missiles, if they miss they will continue circling around until a target is hit. Also they dealt great damage to enemy shields.

Now one missile can't even kill a small zako:confused:.

14. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    I'm going to start using my annoying high pitched wife nagging voice soon if Selachii doesn't say anything. Every married or formerly married man knows that voice.

SELACHII!!! Where's my missile swarm damage?? Hehe

Billy

15. Mrbestapps

Dec 9, 2015
    You know what love is?

Playing this game in headphones with the new soundtrack.

Best sound track ever ❤️

It would be perfect if the music went quiet as you beat the stage.

This update is just so good. Shame that missile swarm got nerfed heavy but they will probably buff if back up!

16. Selachii

Selachii Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Nov 13, 2009
    Game Designer
    Netherlands
    #676 Selachii, Dec 17, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2016
    That's not possible. All credit to my colleague @troberti here, but around the time of an update both people with older and newer version can still play their appropriate content. Updating will seamlessly carry you over to the new environment. We require players to update the game after a short grace period of a day or so. This is also why we don't have those silly "down for maintenance" messages you see with other server based games. The complexity of the back-end is basically another game on itself :)

Please let me know which shakes specifically bothers you, that way I can look at them specifically. I understand from an earlier post that someone mentioned the large enemy ship explosions. I'll check them.

No we adjusted the Mega Laser. We are (obviously) aware that the Missile Swarm is not performing very well and we are looking into it. Regardless of how we will improve in the future, it will not be able to destroy an entire wave as it used to, that was just silly.

Glad you like the track too. I had it on loop a lot during development, I still love it :D

17. Mrbestapps

Dec 9, 2015
    All the shakes are kinda annoying. Even destroying small ships causes the screen to shake a little which doesn't make any sense. It would make sense if you were close to the ship when you destroy it, but even at the bottom of the screen it shakes.

And Large ships shake way too much. If there's a tiny room for me to manoeuvre between and a large ship dies, i will die 100%. Maybe this isn't a big issue on an iPad but it is on an iphone.
    Try play phoenix 2 on an iphone 6/6s/7 and you'll see what i mean.

In my opinion the shaking is unnecessary and makes the game much harder than it should be. You're the developers, it's your choice, i'm just sharing my thoughts. It might even save battery and improve performance;)

18. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    Selachii,

Thanks as always for responding. With regards to the screen shaking I really don't mind it. For myself it adds a sense of immersion. Sometimes it does make the game a bit harder when bullets are everywhere. Maybe the effect could be lowered a bit. But I wouldn't want it removed. I like it.

As to the missile swarm. In the future? So you guys aren't going to fix it soon? Several of the most enjoyable fighters utilize the missile swarm and right now it's worthless. No one would want it to take out an entire wave. I agree that's silly. But it should be on par with the mega laser and it's way way below it. That's all.

Thank you as always.

Billy

19. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    I beat today's daily with the Loki. It's fully upgraded. I actually like the fighter. I do wish it had a point of coverage directly ahead of it as well but it's not too bad. Have the laser storm is a great offense and the shield for when you get stuck.

Billy

20. forsakenxe

forsakenxe Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2014
    So I am back at the game again, after only playing on and off here and there for the last few weeks. Gave it a 5/5 then and first off great update! Reall liking the league system ( even though it is a bit basic) and new ships as well as the balance tweaks are welcome additions.

What I noticed now more than ever though is a thing that I absolutely hate and because of which i might lower my score and leave the game (yes. It's THAT annoying):

I get killed from off the screen! Those cluster ring shots which explode on a circle shape are refularly exploding off screen from below, thus killing me (that's issue a) and the ships move so far to the edges of the screen that they can shoot bullets to where you can't see them (e.g. Most left part of the screen) but you can still get hit. There is a certain area of the screen sometimes that you can't see unless you are the furthest to the edge of the screen (the screen moves or It zooms out then) so if there is a bullet there that you literally can't see and you try to avoid something by going there... bad luck!

Both ofthese issues have killed me several times and it is immensely frustrating, I hope they get hotfixed soon. I will take a break till that happens, too frustrating right now ;(